ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it’s wrong, but I think it’s funny how UM fans with Houstan and MSU fans with Christie are both like “This guy was an absolute bum and shouldn’t be sniffing the NBA, but if he comes back I think he has a really big year”
That’s every fanbase. They have potential but had similarly lackluster seasons and now want to go pro. It’s just the way things are these days. 20 years ago these dudes would be laughed off and more upperclassmen would be taken.

College basketball is really crazy at the moment. NIL and transfer portal to go along with NBA drafting on potential has made things incredibly unpredictable.

Glad we took a scrub right away. Finding a backup big has proven to be more difficult than I thought though.
We got a pretty solid one in Ta'lon Cooper. He's pretty much the opposite of Payton Willis. Pass first guy who averaged 5.9 assists per game.

We also got a backup PG in that Dartmouth kid. Not expecting too much from him, but he did score 22 points against both Georgetown and Stanford last season.

It sounds like Ben Johnson is pretty high on both Braeden Carrington and Jaden Henley getting most of the minutes at the 2 as Freshmen, so I doubt we'll add anymore impact guards.

We got a pretty solid one in Ta'lon Cooper. He's pretty much the opposite of Payton Willis. Pass first guy who averaged 5.9 assists per game.

We also got a backup PG in that Dartmouth kid. Not expecting too much from him, but he did score 22 points against both Georgetown and Stanford last season.

It sounds like Ben Johnson is pretty high on both Braeden Carrington and Jaden Henley getting most of the minutes at the 2 as Freshmen, so I doubt we'll add anymore impact guards.
We've added a PG and SG. Really need an experienced back up big. Whiffed on a couple of Wisc born guys. Could also use another Johnny Davis but he's been hard to find.

6fqzlp.jpg

Our mods seem to think Purdue is very much in it for Kyle Lofton, who visited Rutgers this week.

This probably is home board stuff. Sam Dekker just named his new born son Harlan Wolf Dekker. I suppose Wolfie is named after Ron Wolf?

Watched the last few minutes of Bucks @ C's. Pretty good game.
Was surprised that refs didn't stop the game and ask a doc to clean up Giannis' bleeding.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
Watched the last few minutes of Bucks @ C's. Pretty good game.
Was surprised that refs didn't stop the game and ask a doc to clean up Giannis' bleeding.

Fvck the Bucks. We gave that game away. I could punch Marcus Smart right now

No surprise at this point but it sounds like Houstan is for sure leaving.
Will be very interesting to see who UM targets in the portal.
Don’t think Emoni is a real option but nothing would surprise me at this point lmao.

No surprise at this point but it sounds like Houstan is for sure leaving.
Will be very interesting to see who UM targets in the portal.
Don’t think Emoni is a real option but nothing would surprise me at this point lmao.

Heading to a better conference,, huh?

Not saying it’s wrong, but I think it’s funny how UM fans with Houstan and MSU fans with Christie are both like “This guy was an absolute bum and shouldn’t be sniffing the NBA, but if he comes back I think he has a really big year”
I don’t think it’s close to a guareentee he has a big year if he comes back.

Reactions: jwardelt
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT