ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Izzo has the most Final Fours of any active coach with 8, and second place is 3 Final Fours behind (Boeheim)

Tom Izzo has the most Final Fours of any active coach with 8, and second place is 3 Final Fours behind (Boeheim)

wheel-of-fortune-wheel.gif

As a Big Ten Easterner, I would actually kill for Purdue’s schedule.

Don't love starting with PSU...even if it is at home. And I'll be shocked if we don't lose at Wisky. We never beat them anywhere. So, 7-2 seems like a best case scenario with Wisky holding the tiebreaker.

Good schedule but I don't think it puts us as the favorite to reach the BTC.

Christie is officially officially gone. Was debatably the biggest disappointment of the year. I thought he was going to be the leading scorer. I don’t think the fanbase will remember him as fondly as some Spartan’s of past.

Wish him all of the luck in the world in the NBA G League this upcoming year. Hopefully he can make an NBA playing group

Just gonna make this prediciton....

TJD returns----Indiana wins the B10. If he doesn't, I still think they are Top 4, or better.

IU with Davis, IMO, could be a legit E8, FF ceiling type of team. Lots of talent, and some very good frosh coming----JHS and Reneau....CJ Gunn is a sleeper.

Been a good while since I've been this excited about an IU team....Especially IF TJD returns.

Just gonna make this prediciton....

TJD returns----Indiana wins the B10. If he doesn't, I still think they are Top 4, or better.

IU with Davis, IMO, could be a legit E8, FF ceiling type of team. Lots of talent, and some very good frosh coming----JHS and Reneau....CJ Gunn is a sleeper.

Been a good while since I've been this excited about an IU team....Especially IF TJD returns.
Who are your guards?

I have no doubt IU will be much improved this year, but their fans are so desperate to be good again that they jump the gun constantly.
They’ll likely have top 15 or 20 talent in the country, but I’m in consistent “I’ll believe it when I see it” mode with them. They played well the last few games of last year, but I don’t know if that erases their yearly cratering in late january thru early March.

That was pretty much going to be my point. They need good guards to have any chance at a F4. I don't see it unless their freshmen do very well.
Agreed. If TJD could shoot, it'd be a different story. He's not good enough by himself to carry them. And relying on freshman guards isn't always fruitful.

• Haha
Reactions: B1G_Fan

add these guys to houstan, seems like the new thing may be for agents to tell frosh who want to go but may get exposed and pretty much have to go back to school to not do the combine

Last edited:
Reactions: MGC_07

add these guys to houstan, seems like the new thing may be for agents to tell frosh who want to go but may get exposed and pretty much have to go back to school just not to do the combine
I just don’t get it. Christie wasn’t great in college and is going to be in the G League majority of next year. G League is better than college. Cassius Winston was generational at MSU and is just a pretty good player in the G League.

Unless Max takes massive leaps I just don’t envision him as a rotational NBA player. I hope he proves me wrong but he doesn’t excel at anything and is pretty skinny to go along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT