ADVERTISEMENT

****Official B1G Off-Season Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful, but hey great moral victory.
NIT would be progress over last season sadly- but hey Illinois has to make a sweet 16 again eventually.....

Anyway, is Michigan favorites in Big Ten next season at this point in time?? Seeing IU ranked in a lot of early preseason top 20 as well...

Who else do you think you’re getting?
One of Courtney Ramey or Kevin McCullar for our last guard spot.

And Pete Nance.

Heard Matt Mayer or Pat Baldwin would have serious interest if they don’t go pro. But I just don’t see it, regardless.

Reactions: jwardelt
Who else do you think you’re getting?
Pete Nance.

I also think the IU rankings are super premature … reminds me of the 2011 Illini, who were preseason #13 but ended up a 9-seed. The ranking was based off of bringing a lot back from a team that wasn’t that good in the first place, plus adding nice recruits. 2022 IU was better than 2010 Illinois and their recruiting class is better than we had, but the logic is similar and is flawed, IMO. I see IU as a clear improvement (clear Tournament team), but they’re just part of the shuffle. Conference is wide open.

And Pete Nance.

Heard Matt Mayer or Pat Baldwin would have serious interest if they don’t go pro. But I just don’t see it, regardless.
The Baylor kid might transfer out?

NIT would be progress over last season sadly- but hey Illinois has to make a sweet 16 again eventually.....

Anyway, is Michigan favorites in Big Ten next season at this point in time?? Seeing IU ranked in a lot of early preseason top 20 as well...
Best way to “make the Sweet Sixteen eventually” is to keep getting back to the Tournament with a good seed and see what happens! And I like where we sit with Underwood’s staff to continue to do that. Also, comparing our Second Round loss in 2021 to 2022 vs. Houston, as if the same thing keeps happening, is crazy. Lol, 4-seeds lose in the Second Round every single year, and I’d argue Houston was WAY better than a 5.

Best way to “make the Sweet Sixteen eventually” is to keep getting back to the Tournament with a good seed and see what happens! And I like where we sit with Underwood’s staff to continue to do that. Also, comparing our Second Round loss in 2021 to 2022 vs. Houston, as if the same thing keeps happening, is crazy. Lol, 4-seeds lose in the Second Round every single year, and I’d argue Houston was WAY better than a 5.
Ha- Exactly, at least you guys have a active NCAA tourney streak, unlike others (cough MD, cough).

One guy from CBS has Ohio State preseason top twenty next season..

Ha- Exactly, at least you guys have a active NCAA tourney streak, unlike others (cough MD, cough).

Illinois is the only Big ten team who has made the tourney both times the past 2 years and not lost a game to double digit seed…

Our conference needs to get its shit together.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
Illinois is the only Big ten team who has made the tourney both times the past 2 years and not lost a game to double digit seed…

Our conference needs to get its shit together.
Not a good sign for Big Ten obviously when MD is the last team to win a Natty, and MD wasn't even a part of the Big Ten then!!

And at this point, not looking good next season either- of course it's May 1st...

Reactions: bMORE607

Maryland will be just fine, very similar to Illinois … if a competent coach is there, you have the money, fan support, facilities, recruiting footprint and tradition to be consistently good. Maryland should really never be bad, and I’m sure they’ll be back soon!

Pete Nance.

I also think the IU rankings are super premature … reminds me of the 2011 Illini, who were preseason #13 but ended up a 9-seed. The ranking was based off of bringing a lot back from a team that wasn’t that good in the first place, plus adding nice recruits. 2022 IU was better than 2010 Illinois and their recruiting class is better than we had, but the logic is similar and is flawed, IMO. I see IU as a clear improvement (clear Tournament team), but they’re just part of the shuffle. Conference is wide open.

They still won’t be able to shoot…

Purdue seems too high, same with Providence.

Going to be interesting how Texas does next season, with Beard done his rookie year at UT.

Mick Cronin has UCLA up there high again.

Good for Dayton - COVID got their best team in 2020, but maybe they can make noise in 23..

Last edited:
Michigan State at 11 and Purdue at 13 are just horrible.

Katz is usually better than this.
Why? It’s a pure guessing game at this point. The transfer portal has changed everything. There’s a good core and we’ll see who we get out of the portal.

Reactions: boiler1987

And Pete Nance.

Why? It’s a pure guessing game at this point. The transfer portal has changed everything. There’s a good core and we’ll see who we get out of the portal.
Exactly. And a coach like Izzo (and to an extent but much lesser of course with Painter) get the benefit of the doubt with preseason rankings.

I’m excited for Jaxon Kohler. Our homoboard is pretty amped for this guy. He is just really damn skilled. Unbelievably advanced footwork for a high schooler and he can shoot that thing too. Some pundits have said he has the best post game skill wise of anyone in this class (though obviously not the body). He just really needs to develop into a passable defender.

He had 9 straight points for his team at the end of the Iverson classes to seal the game.
My best friend is a D1 assistant and saw this kid in person a few times. Said he was going to be awesome.

That was a great pitch for why Michigan State deserves to be at 11.

😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: GOO_HAM

Nah

We have like half a team right now . Hunter will be a monster but after that no one has any idea

I said this before … not sure the B1G won’t be “worse” this year, but I think it might be a more entertaining league. Nice infusion of young talent, and I think there will be a shift toward more teams playing faster. Also, looks to be a very even league.

Reactions: MGC_07
Julius Marble committed to Texas A&M. His dad suddenly passed away last year and he wanted to get closer to home. I’ll be pulling for him.

MSU is in dire need of a portal center. We currently have Jaxon Kohler and Mady Sissoko. Kohler is a freshman who at least right now is probably not physically ready for the Big Ten, and Mady who didn’t get a single minute in the tournament.

Reactions: ConqueringHero
4-ABF61-D8-0018-42-A6-A8-DF-AB3312727-C91.jpg

Baby Hail coming home in November in time for bball season

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT