ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

By the way, Morgan is a legit big guy lol .He is IUs best player by a country mile so not sure why its become thread consensus IU lacks a big guy. He was in foul trouble entire first half and then went like 5of 7 in the 2nd half.

Reactions: MGC_07 and klize17
All the IU bigs struggled defensively. Gafford went 12/15 from the field and scored at will. No answer for him.
No other bigs in the B10 like him, so no real worries. Happ is gonna be a handful, but I dont really see any other issues.

Yeah I agree with this but didnt want to post it because it comes off as trolling when I post it but Arkansas isnt very good, they just have an NBA player who turns into the incredible Hulk at times. I actually do think theyre an NIT team moreso than a tournament team but playing in a loaded SEC will help their metrics.
It ain't trolling when it's true...W/O Gaffard, Arkansas would be plum awful. I felt Miller made the mistake of not doubling him at times. Put some pressure on him. Se how he reacts. Thought we should have done that.

Arkansas will lose a lot of games in the SEC. And that ain't good for IU.

Did Miller ask his assistant if he should call a timeout after that first free throw? Weird sequence there. Anyone else catch that?

Reactions: herrli
Miller dropped the ball at the end. Timeout sealed the deal. I was shocked he called it. Though it did seem as if he were asking how many IU had---Or, well, advice on rather not to or not. Either way---bad time for a time out.

Should have doubled Gaffard some. Don't know why we didn't.

A loss right now OOC is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. If these teams played healthy in March I know who I’m taking in my bracket.
Arkansas won't be an NCAAT team. They are bad. Gaffard had an elite night. Other than that, Arky was quite "meh". Tough to win there. And that's the frustrating part. Because we should have.

Great job of closing that one out Maryland, bunch of absolute fvck heads.
Didn't see it but did you really just give up 77 points to Mt St Mary? KenPom had their adjusted offensive efficiency at 330th entering the game.

Did Miller ask his assistant if he should call a timeout after that first free throw? Weird sequence there. Anyone else catch that?
Yes, I did. Not sure if he was asking if he should, or asking how many. Either way, a terrible timeout. Not a good "coaching moment".

Didn't see it but did you really just give up 77 points to Mt St Mary? KenPom had their adjusted offensive efficiency at 330th entering the game.

Had backups in the last 4 mins I believe, but yeah so sad. Less than 2 weeks till Virginia and we find out what the Terps really have...

You’re missing my point
No, not really. I think , as you think, that healthy, Indiana wins. I think if this game were anywhere but Arkansas---we win. I think even w/o the guys we have out, IU is better. We should've won. No idea what Davis was thinking. Stupid foul. Shit happens.

Ahrens and Henry are better wings than the 2 wings MSU starts IMO.

This tenn tech guy actually shoots FTs granny style lol

Yeah this Ahrens cat for MSU looks like a keeper.

I still dont think theyre very good this year but MSU may be a national title contender next year

Ward, McQuaid, and Goins. We replace McQuaid with Watts and Goins with Hall , and then hopefully replace Ward with one of Carey or Stewart.
giphy.gif

Yeah I even forgot about Malik Hall. Hes essentially a 6'8 guard who can rebound and bang. He wont be in college for all 4 years if he remains healthy. Might not see his junior season.

By the way, Morgan is a legit big guy lol .He is IUs best player by a country mile so not sure why its become thread consensus IU lacks a big guy. He was in foul trouble entire first half and then went like 5of 7 in the 2nd half.
He is. Without foul issues, he has an easy double/double; And IU probably wins.

As far as being IU's best player---by a country mile? Not so sure about that. But that's certainly a good problem to have.

MSU is a tournament team this year but I’m not nearly as optimistic as some. I think we probably finsh around 3-5 in the Big Ten.

Tough loss for IU but what I saw confirms my belief that they’re a 5 seed type team. If I was an IU fan - spoiler alert: I’m not - I’ve be very pleased with their answers late and to see Phinisee and Romeo hitting clutch threes. Yeah they found a way to lose but it’s a young team playing their first big away game.

Big ten is looking fun as hell this year.

Reactions: KisteK and Mgkcbb
Didn’t see game. What did Davis do
Missed a 1-foot, bunny tip, that probably wins the game. All alone. Wide open. In fairness, a healthy, non-overweight Davis, probably finishes that play.

Just dunk it....He had time to gather. Just short-armed it.

ADVERTISEMENT