ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

boilerzz

Jul 5, 2002
Team
Purdue
The season is upon us B1G fans. It's time for that irrational confidence of the offseason to be replaced with the reality of actual opponents with a pulse.

Time for @hailtoyourvictor to ramp up the trolling (is that possible).
Time for @SNU0821 to practice his animal sounds (Mooooo!) and preach the greatness of the chosen one (hope his IU career doesn't end like his namesake's)
Time for @herkiesrevenge (ie. Gil) to show up once a week to enlighten us to the greatness of Franny!
Time for @JohnHoosierr to embarrass the rest of the Purdue faithful.
Time for @MileHighSpartan to believe this is Izzo's most talented team until they lose in the 2nd round again.
Time for @bMORE607 to drop a few too many expletives
Time for @Deathclutch to be crushed under the miniscule weight of Eric Curry's fragile body (Hope you stay healthy young man)
Time for @Jaycg15 to continue to tell us that it's a process for Brad Underwood and patience is a virtue
Time for @jwardelt to enjoy Ethan Happ's 7th and final year on Wisconsin's campus
Time for @superhusker33 to enjoy a successful season for Nebraksa...including an NIT championship
Time for @Mgkcbb to lurk until called out and drop some sick win shares stats on the rest of us.
Time for @Katatonic to be the token NW fan who posts once a month
Time for @RutgHoops to show up occasionally and remind us all that Rutgers fans do in fact exist
TIme for @ScarletnGrayBuck to stop by once in a while to talk OSU football (basketball won't have much to talk about)
TIme for our resident Penn State fan....wait, do we have a resident Penn State fan?

@Kevin Bryan, can we get a pin on this thread?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

For Turgeon’s last year

The season is upon us B1G fans. It's time for that irrational confidence of the offseason to be replaced with the reality of actual opponents with a pulse.

Time for @hailtoyourvictor to ramp up the trolling (is that possible).
Time for @SNU0821 to practice his animal sounds (Mooooo!) and preach the greatness of the chosen one (hope his IU career doesn't end like his namesake's)
Time for @herkiesrevenge (ie. Gil) to show up once a week to enlighten us to the greatness of Franny!
Time for @JohnHoosierr to embarrass the rest of the Purdue faithful.
Time for @MileHighSpartan to believe this is Izzo's most talented team until they lose in the 2nd round again.
Time for @bMORE607 to drop a few too many expletives
Time for @Deathclutch to be crushed under the miniscule weight of Eric Curry's fragile body (Hope you stay healthy young man)
Time for @Jaycg15 to continue to tell us that it's a process for Brad Underwood and patience is a virtue
Time for @jwardelt to enjoy Ethan Happ's 7th and final year on Wisconsin's campus
Time for @superhusker33 to enjoy a successful season for Nebraksa...including an NIT championship
Time for @Mgkcbb to lurk until called out and drop some sick win shares stats on the rest of us.
Time for @Katatonic to be the token NW fan who posts once a month
Time for @RutgHoops to show up occasionally and remind us all that Rutgers fans do in fact exist
TIme for @ScarletnGrayBuck to stop by once in a while to talk OSU football (basketball won't have much to talk about)
TIme for our resident Penn State fan....wait, do we have a resident Penn State fan?

@Kevin Bryan, can we get a pin on this thread?

We're on an upswing!

We need a new "This is Indiana" video. What does Bilbo Baggins have to do with basketball?!

Alright, I’m ready to do my final preseason prediction

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Indiana
4. Nebraska
5. Wisconsin
6. Purdue
7. Maryland
8. Iowa
9. Minnesota
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Rutgers
14. Northwestern

Edit: the conference is much deeper as a whole this year. Making this list was hard in the middle. Many potential tournament teams.

Last edited:
Alright, I’m ready to do my final preseason prediction

1. Michigan
2. MSU
3. Indiana
4. Nebraska
5. Wisconsin
6. Purdue
7. Maryland
8. Iowa
9. Minnesota
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Illinois
13. Rutgers
14. Northwestern

Edit: the conference is much deeper as a whole this year. Making this list was hard in the middle. Many potential tournament teams.
I am Snu0821 and I approve of this message.

My half-assed, barely-researched guess.

1. Michigan
2. Indiana
3. MSU
4. Wisconsin
5. Nebraska
6. Maryland
7. Purdue
8. Minnesota
9. Penn State
10. Illinois
11. Iowa
12. Ohio State
13. Northwestern
14. Rutgers

My cop out guess:

1 MSU
2 Michigan
3 Indiana (damn schedule sets up well)
4 Purdue
4 Wisconsin
4 Maryland
4 Nebraska
4 Minnesota
9 Ohio State
10 Iowa
11 Penn State
12 Northwestern
13 Illinois
14 East Chicago YMCA Tuesday Rec League
15 South Detroit Boys and Girls Club Co-ed team
16 Rutgers

Reactions: KisteK
1. MSU
2. Michigan
3. Indiana
4. Iowa
5. Wisconsin
6. Purdue
7. Maryland
8. Nebraska
9. Minnesota
10. Ohio State
11. Northwestern
12. Illinois
13. Rutgers
14. Penn State

Reactions: KisteK
Anyone else a little hesitant to put OSU so low? Did it last year and got destroyed. Granted, I think it's more warranted this year, but still, they proved everyone wrong last year.

Anyone else a little hesitant to put OSU so low? Did it last year and got destroyed. Granted, I think it's more warranted this year, but still, they proved everyone wrong last year.

Yep. I think Holtmann is a great coach and may prove to be one of the best 2-3 in the league after a few years.

Reactions: SNU0821

I'll eat the crow, but he doesn't have two top 50 upperclassmen on the roster this year. This is basically his year one.

I think you will see a flip flop of Indiana and Ohio State this year and both will be on the same path starting next year for the foreseeable future.

I'll eat the crow, but he doesn't have two top 50 upperclassmen on the roster this year. This is basically his year one.

I think you will see a flip flop of Indiana and Ohio State this year and both will be on the same path starting next year for the foreseeable future.

To add on to this. This is when you feel the hurt after losing an entire recruiting class to transfers

ADVERTISEMENT