ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

You made the unprovable argument. How is he a douche?
Based on my observations Cline always guards the opposing team's weakest wing. They started the argument that Cline was a better defender than McBobs. Is that a provable argument? This is a discussion board where opinions are discussed.

We'll let you know if anyone has any opinions on Maryland, but I doubt it.

You made an awful argument. Sorry you made yourself look like an idiot. Simply asked for some proof on how you could come to such a absolute conclusion on something that is totally up for interpretation.
Sort of like saying Ryan Cline is a better defender than McBobs.

You guys are claiming he is a possible All Big Ten candidate. I can guarentee fans from other schools dont have that type of expectation for him.

Cline is what he is. He will hit 5/10 one game and then 3/10 the next. He is a very inconsistent shooter.

He appears to have improved his passing ability this season and also appears to be putting the ball on the floor more. He will likely average around 10 pts/gm. He will always be a guy that teams dont want to let get open looks. He also will be a guy that teams look to exploit when he is playing defense.
You are mocking him for 9-5-4. Mocking someone for that stat line is a tacit admission that you think they’re very good.

You claiming 5-10 to 3-10 is very inconsistent when it’s 40%... yet look at your roster’s percentage, who you have consistently hyped as shooters. They’d kill for 40%.

You are hilariously bad at this.

You are mocking him for 9-5-4. Mocking someone for that stat line is a tacit admission that you think they’re very good.

You claiming 5-10 to 3-10 is very inconsistent when it’s 40%... yet look at your roster’s percentage, who you have consistently hyped as shooters. They’d kill for 40%.

You are hilariously bad at this.
I realize it's 40%. It's not a consistent 40%. He is really hot one game and really cold the next. I'm not mocking him for a 9-5-4 stat line. Im mocking him for a 1/9 performance from 3 and a 3/12 performance from the field. Cline's passing has been good this season. His shooting efficiency has not. 36% from the field. 27% from 3. That's not good.

Based on my observations Cline always guards the opposing team's weakest wing. They started the argument that Cline was a better defender than McBobs. Is that a provable argument? This is a discussion board where opinions are discussed.

We'll let you know if anyone has any opinions on Maryland, but I doubt it.

The unprovable part was that you have watched all these Purdue games. Go back to your homeboard and brush up those skills.

Reactions: B-Westy and otte21
No one even said he was better. Just refuting the “Mcroberts is far and away a better defender” claim.
I dont think that's accurate, but I'm over this. We can just agree to disagree on their defensive prowess. I'm very happy with the things McBob does as our 5th or 6th best player.

I realize it's 40%. It's not a consistent 40%. He is really hot one game and really cold the next. I'm not mocking him for a 9-5-4 stat line. Im mocking him for a 1/9 performance from 3 and a 3/12 performance from the field. Cline's passing has been good this season. His shooting efficiency has not. 36% from the field. 27% from 3. That's not good.
No one is a consistent shooter then. That logic is just silly.

The unprovable part was that you have watched all these Purdue games. Go back to your homeboard and brush up those skills.
Who the f*** cares whether I can prove that I've watched those games or not? I'd say go back to your home board, but I cant imagine a maryland only board having too much action.

By the way, I live with two Purdue fans, so yea we always have their games on.

You have no conception of how high volume 3 pt shooting works. It’s adorable.

Who the f*** cares whether I can prove that I've watched those games or not? I'd say go back to your home board, but I cant imagine a maryland only board having too much action.

By the way, I live with two Purdue fans, so yea we always have their games on.

You make an argument and then say who the fvck cares if I can prove my point. Jesus Christ. Keep taking shots at Maryland, ***git, Im going to start posting pics of that last championship game you were in.

You make an argument and then say who the fvck cares if I can prove my point. Jesus Christ. Keep taking shots at Maryland, ***git, Im going to start posting pics of that last championship game you were in.
Because the point that I "cant prove" is irrelevant to the conversation. Let's try and get your thoughts on the situation. Who is a better defender Cline or McBob?

If you’re so worked up about Cline’s 27% I’d love to hear your thoughts on Romeo.
Difference is Romeo is able to score inside the arc. He's shooting 85% inside the arc. I really dont think you want to start a "who is the better scorer" between Romeo and Cline.

Difference is Romeo is able to score inside the arc. He's shooting 85% inside the arc. I really dont think you want to start a "who is the better scorer" between Romeo and Cline.
It’s interesting that you keep putting words in my mouth. Sounds like something a guy with a Very Good Argument would do.

Romeo is shooting 13% from 3 and 45% from the line. As someone so concerned about Cline’s shooting, I’d suspect you be shitting your pants concerned about those numbers.

Reactions: KisteK
Because the point that I "cant prove" is irrelevant to the conversation. Let's try and get your thoughts on the situation. Who is a better defender Cline or McBob?

Idgaf. If you are going to make an unprovable argument you cant then call somebody a douche when they call you out. Even if BWesty is a douche.

It’s interesting that you keep putting words in my mouth. Sounds like something a guy with a Very Good Argument would do.

Romeo is shooting 13% from 3 and 45% from the line. As someone so concerned about Cline’s shooting, I’d suspect you be shitting your pants concerned about those numbers.
Not at all. As I mentioned Romeo doesnt need to shoot well to score. That's the difference between he and Cline. Either way, I'm done. Have a good day

Idgaf. If you are going to make an unprovable argument you cant then call somebody a douche when they call you out. Even if BWesty is a douche.
Lol okay I'll try to post to your standards in the future. Have a good day.

Borden tried this with Mathias last year. It’s how volume shooting works.
I’m just poking fun at Purdue fans like Blaire or proudopete for talking all this crap about how bad IU should be and how bad IU’s shooters are. Then, they turn and tell us how good Cline and Edwards are. It’s abundently clear that Edwards misses the four seniors and will miss them all year. He was literally just chucking up low percentage shots early in the offense. And Sir Smokes A lot is nothing more than a streaky spot up shooter.

I’m just poking fun at Purdue fans like Blaire or proudopete for talking all this crap about how bad IU should be and how bad IU’s shooters are. Then, they turn and tell us how good Cline and Edwards are. It’s abundently clear that Edwards misses the four seniors and will miss them all year. He was literally just chucking up low percentage shots early in the offense. And Sir Smokes A lot is nothing more than a streaky spot up shooter.
While I expect us to be better, it's time for IU to back it up. It's clear we have the better players but at some point they have to prove it on the court. I'm thinking this is the year but I don't blame Purdue fans for being confident when you look at the recent history between the 2 teams. It's time for this program to put up or shut up.

Iowa giving Green Bay all they can handle. Can they hold on to their one point lead in the second half? Tune in and find out!!!!!!!! Might even get to witness a Frantrum.

Tough to tune in when you only play games on the internet. If no one sees it, did it really happen?

Reactions: KisteK and bMORE607
You are just showing your own ignorance. Cline and Edwards are right at 40% as career numbers, that’s not even debatable, but here you are trying to prove it false. Cline has played 3 whole seasons and yes, he shoots threes at a rate of 40%. Edwards has played two entire seasons and also averages right at 40% from three. He is also averaging 26 points per, so your claim he is throwing up junk is laughable.

Maybe go back to arguing Cline isn’t a good defender. You’re clearly over your head on this issue.

You are just showing your own ignorance. Cline and Edwards are right at 40% as career numbers, that’s not even debatable, but here you are trying to prove it false. Cline has played 3 whole seasons and yes, he shoots threes at a rate of 40%. Edwards has played two entire seasons and also averages right at 40% from three. He is also averaging 26 points per, so your claim he is throwing up junk is laughable.

Maybe go back to arguing Cline isn’t a good defender. You’re clearly over your head on this issue.
How are they doing this year? I don’t about the prior years. Just because Morgan didn’t have a great 3pt percentage last year doesn’t mean it can’t be significantly better this year. On the flip side, just because Cline and Edwards shot well the last few years doesn’t mean they’re automatically going to shoot a high percentage, largely because of the lack of threats on Purdue like the prior years they played with Edwards, Mathias, Haas and Thompson.

Context has never been your strong suit...

Nebrasketball's avg. lead at half through 2 games, 39 points. Final 4 team this year

King of Strawman explaining why he trolls 24/7 while building more strawmans. Very fun.

ADVERTISEMENT