ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* B1G In-Season Thread

How many losses for Minnesota does it take for you to disappear this year?
Same old song and dance from you.
2mauvb.jpg

Iowa wins and hold them to 7-26 from 3. to bad the refs screwed up the game to much.

the good from Cook
17 points
9-11 from the FTL
6 Rebounds
3 steals
the bad 6 TO's

Garza
17 points
5 rebounds
2 assists
2 steals
3 blocks

JBo 13 points
3-6 from 3
3 assists
1 steal
0 TO's
9 players played as Pemsl sat out due to undisclosed injury as a precaution.

team
10 steals.
93-82 win
2-0 12 more to tie last seasons win total.

UWGB has 3 JUCO Transfers and 2 Transfer one from Marquette their leading scorer had 17 points and 8 assist he is a 6'6 PG Cohen lll who the NBA Scouts are very interested in him.

I’m just poking fun at Purdue fans like Blaire or proudopete for talking all this crap about how bad IU should be and how bad IU’s shooters are. Then, they turn and tell us how good Cline and Edwards are. It’s abundently clear that Edwards misses the four seniors and will miss them all year. He was literally just chucking up low percentage shots early in the offense. And Sir Smokes A lot is nothing more than a streaky spot up shooter.

How is a career 39% 3-point shooter streaky? That’s laughable.

2015-2016: 38.5%
2016-2017: 41.3%
2017-2018: 39.6%

In what universe is that streaky? If anything, it’s the definition of consistency with over 300 career attempts.

Reactions: KisteK
Nebrasketball's avg. lead at half through 2 games, 39 points. Final 4 team this year

90% of the time, one of 3 teams will win the conference this year: Michigan is one, Wisconsin is another, and Nebrasketball is the other.

10% of the timesomeone else runs hot and wins it.

So congrats on being one of 3 heavy favs.

Has it been discussed that WVU got beat by Buffalo? That same WVU team that beat Purdue (up almost 20 at one point) in a scrimmage? K, thanks.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
West Virginia would destroy iu

Romeo Langford is 6/14 from the FT line
And 1/7 from 3 btw. Not sure if you saw all my threads on the Purdue board about how hed struggle shooting and then multiple IU fans flocked over to promise me he wouldnt.

Then multiple other IU fans tagged me on this board begging me to come discuss it here.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
And 1/7 from 3 btw. Not sure if you saw all my threads on the Purdue board about how hed struggle shooting and then multiple IU fans flocked over to promise me he wouldnt.

Then multiple other IU fans tagged me on this board begging me to come discuss it here.
You said he wouldn't be able to score inside against collegiate bigs. He's shooting 85% inside arc.

Reactions: SNU0821
You said he wouldn't be able to score inside against collegiate bigs. He's shooting 85% inside arc.

Listen, the boy cant shoot. Against B1G opponents, he will be about 45-55ish on 2 point shots. Thats going to be a problem considering his 3 point and FT jumpshot is broken. And thats just straight out.

So technically Purdue is 2-1 instead of 2-0.
From a record perspective? No, they are 2-0. Those scrimmages are a good indicator of how Purdue will be this year though.

I'm glad this week both IU and Purdue get to play better competition. It will make things a lot clearer one way or another.

Eades has called more techs on Izzo than any other ref by far. Geez. This game isn’t even fun to watch right now.

Way to many calls. Let em play

Not worried about langford or iu. We still have the best player of the 2 teams in carsen edwards. Im fully expecting a sweep again this year.

McQuaid has been very encouraging. Way more versatile offensively, and looks a lot more comfortable at point. Still a good defender too.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Nice win by MSU. 106-82

This team offensively is sick so far, but the defense hasn’t looked great.

I watched the entire game. I also watched the entire Kansas game and rewatched it fast forwarding thru certain parts.

The verdict is when Ca$$ius is on the floor, theyre a top 25 offensive team. When hes off the floor, their offense delves into ebola virus levels. His foul count is the most important stat every single game.

McQuaid has been very encouraging. Way more versatile offensively, and looks a lot more comfortable at point. Still a good defender too.

Agree. Driving to the hoop more, as is Langford.

Aaron Henry with a nice, controlled outing. 9 points, 3 assists, 3 boards. Hit a 3. Didn't try to do too much. Good defense.

Gabe Brown but no Kithier today? Neither probably wants to redshirt. Bingham hitting 2 3's makes it harder to RS him as well.

Edit: and Ward learned how to pass out of the post. 4 assists

Agree. Driving to the hoop more, as is Langford.

Aaron Henry with a nice, controlled outing. 9 points, 3 assists, 3 boards. Hit a 3. Didn't try to do too much. Good defense.

Gabe Brown but no Kithier today? Neither probably wants to redshirt. Bingham hitting 2 3's makes it harder to RS him as well.

Aaron Henry might actually be a one and done. A sneaky one ala Deyonta Davis. Hes the best wing MSU has, by far.

Aaron Henry might actually be a one and done. A sneaky one ala Deyonta Davis. Hes the best wing MSU has, by far.
McQuaid and Langford are both better.

Matt is a better defender (not physically but he’s smarter) shooter, passer, and ball handler.

Langford has played well this year, even you can’t deny that. He has had 2 good games so far. I’m not saying he’ll be great but so far he’s been pretty good.

I watched the entire game. I also watched the entire Kansas game and rewatched it fast forwarding thru certain parts.

The verdict is when Ca$$ius is on the floor, theyre a top 25 offensive team. When hes off the floor, their offense delves into ebola virus levels. His foul count is the most important stat every single game.
LaughingjumpingsmileRollLaugh

Our offense is better than top 25 when he’s on the court, and it is still good with him off the court.

Matt McQuaid, Josh Langford, and Kenny Goins have played well this season thus far.

Reactions: NC_Trojan10
McQuaid and Langford are both better.

Matt is a better defender (not physically but he’s smarter) shooter, passer, and ball handler.

Langford has played well this year, even you can’t deny that. He has had 2 good games so far. I’m not saying he’ll be great but so far he’s been pretty good.

You cant honestly believe Langford and Mcquaid are better than Henry, right? You just trolling me because you dislike me or is this an honest take?

LaughingjumpingsmileRollLaugh

Our offense is better than top 25 when he’s on the court, and it is still good with him off the court.

Matt McQuaid, Josh Langford, and Kenny Goins have played well this season thus far.

What, specifically, are we laughing at here?

Reactions: KisteK
You cant honestly believe Langford and Mcquaid are better than Henry, right? You just trolling me because you dislike me or is this an honest take?
???

Based on everything that has happened thus far how can you believe otherwise.

Matt McQuaid has looked really good this year. Josh Langford has also looked good.

Henry may develop to be better but they both definitely are right now

Look @Mgkcbb, I get you have been trolling all off season saying that Goins, Langford, and McQuaid all suck at basketball.

I know it’s probably killing you right now, but they have played well so far. Especially McQuaid.

???

Based on everything that has happened thus far how can you believe otherwise.

Matt McQuaid has looked really good this year. Josh Langford has also looked good.

Henry may develop to be better but they both definitely are right now

Langford has 2 assists and 4 turnovers on the year. Hes done that in what, 55 mins or so? The guy he was defending was the leading scorer in the Kansas game.

He offers next to nothing outside of shooting.

I mean, Henry looks like a star, does he not? Youve got to be honest here and look past the wanting.

Look @Mgkcbb, I get you have been trolling all off season saying that Goins, Langford, and McQuaid all suck at basketball.

I know it’s probably killing you right now, but they have played well so far. Especially McQuaid.

They all 3 have looked good. But its not the non conference we worry about with those guys.

Langford shot 38% from the field in conference play last year.
Mcquaid shot 38% from the field in conference play last year.

Goins was terrible in every facet in conference play.

It takes a tremendous leap of faith to think those 3 will be great all year. **** all the noise, **** all the supposed trolling, Lets be real here.

really? you guys are bragging about players that have yet to play anybody with a pulse?

Iowa gets a shot at a top 20 team next weekend. then I can get a better idea of where they stand and how they do.

Reactions: KisteK and Mgkcbb
ADVERTISEMENT