ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

2nd half Iowa 38 Purdue 33. Purdue 19-30 from 3
Iowa after going 2-12 from 3 have gone 4-5 from 3 AGAINST THIS great defense.

like I keep saying Purdue is shooting out of their ass from 3 EVEN that last 3 the player was falling when he made it.

Why does everyone appear to get lucky shooting nights vs Iowa?

HMMM Purdue scores 51 points in the 1st half to Iowa 20 points
2nd Half Iowa scores 44 points to Purdue's 36,

Garza 19 points 2-3 from 3, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block
Bohannon 9 points, 4 assists and 2 steals [here I though that JBo was the worst defender]
Cook 9 points, 3-4 from the FTL, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block
Ellingson 9 points, 1-1 from 3.
team totals 64 points 6-18 from 3, 32 rebounds, 18 assists, 6 steals and 4 blocks from a team that can't play defense.

Reactions: ThreeTwaunMoore
2nd half Iowa 38 Purdue 33. Purdue 19-30 from 3
Iowa after going 2-12 from 3 have gone 4-5 from 3 AGAINST THIS great defense.

like I keep saying Purdue is shooting out of their ass from 3 EVEN that last 3 the player was falling when he made it.

You do realize Purdue was playing almost all their backups when Iowa went on their "run" right?

Reactions: KisteK

Bohannon 9 points, 4 assists and 2 steals [here I though that JBo was the worst defender]
team totals 64 points 6-18 from 3, 32 rebounds, 18 assists, 6 steals and 4 blocks from a team that can't play defense.

They had the 3rd String in...

Those are virtually all offensive stats

Painter called off the dogs with like 7 minutes to go. Otherwise, Purdue probably puts up 110 points.

Iowa shoots three times as many free throws as Purdue.

When is the Big Ten going to address the lopsided officiating?

TIC
oh well I guess the refs didn't see any fouls on a team that shot 30 3's for the game.

Iowa is a complete dumpster fire. Purdue was called for 17 fouls and Iowa only 7?! Painter will certainly have a chat with the B1G officials after that horrible discrepancy in fouls.

I guess Purdue didn’t have too much trouble slowing down the almighty Jesus Bohannon today.

Reactions: mathboy
You do realize Purdue was playing almost all their backups when Iowa went on their "run" right?
no they weren't has Painter DIDN'T start pulling his starters until the 2:38 mark in the 2nd half

besides if that's the case Purdue will be in big trouble next season as they lose 4 senior starters.

no they weren't has Painter DIDN'T start pulling his starters until the 2:38 mark in the 2nd half

besides if that's the case Purdue will be in big trouble next season as they lose 4 senior starters.

Completely false. Both Edwards, PJ Thompson, and Haas were all pulled at the 5:58 minute mark. At that time, Purdue had Ryan Cline (bench guy), Grady Eifert (bench guy/walk-on), Nojel Eastern (bench guy), Jacquil Taylor (bench guy who rarely plays), and one starter in Mathias. So no, you’re completely wrong and lied once again. Care to try again? The score at that time was 81-53. So with our backups, you managed to turn a 28 point deficit into a 24 point deficit. Congrats!

I guess Purdue didn’t have too much trouble slowing down the almighty Jesus Bohannon today.
nope but Garza stepped up by making 8-10 and 2-3 from 3 FOR A team high of 19 points
Baer did his thing 6 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists with 1 block,

the team only had 10 TO's for the games again against the best Defensive team and JBo had ZERO TO's for the game,.

nope but Garza stepped up by making 8-10 and 2-3 from 3 FOR A team high of 19 points
Baer did his thing 6 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists with 1 block,

the team only had 10 TO's for the games again against the best Daefensive team and JBo had ZERO TO's for the game,.

And you still got obliterated in front of a sellout crowd when Purdue pulled their starters with 6 minutes left.

Would you like half a W for this? You won the 2nd half!

you only look for the worst while I look for the positive

the positive this team could have mailed the 2nd half and given up. but they didn't
they were avg'ing 14 TO's per game and ended up with just 10
1st half they were 2-12 from 3 and in the 2nd half they went 4-6 from 3
they also combined for 6 steals and 4 blocks, this team showed more intensity than they did in the last 3 games.
also this game proves what I have been thinking about Baer that he is better off coming in as the 6th man vs starting.

this will allow Fran to start 6'6 Wieskamp at the 2 or 3 with Moss playing the 2 or 3.
for this has the 18-19 starting lineup and the 6th -9th man
1 Bohannon
2 Moss or Wieskamp
3 Wieskamp or Moss
4 Cook
5 Garza
6 Baer
7 Dailey
8 Connor
9 Pemsl
the rest as needed due to injury or foul trouble.

you look at it your way while I will look at it my way.

no he didn't but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

We won by 20+ and it could’ve easily been 40. I’m happy as a clam. My team is 19-2 and 8-0 in conference. How’s Iowa doing?

you only look for the worst while I look for the positive

the positive this team could have mailed the 2nd half and given up. but they didn't
they were avg'ing 14 TO's per game and ended up with just 10
1st half they were 2-12 from 3 and in the 2nd half they went 4-6 from 3
they also combined for 6 steals and 4 blocks, this team showed more intensity than they did in the last 3 games.
also this game proves what I have been thinking about Baer that he is better off coming in as the 6th man vs starting.

this will allow Fran to start 6'6 Wieskamp at the 2 or 3 with Moss playing the 2 or 3.
for this has the 18-19 starting lineup and the 6th -9th man
1 Bohannon
2 Moss or Wieskamp
3 Wieskamp or Moss
4 Cook
5 Garza
6 Baer
7 Dailey
8 Connor
9 Pemsl
the rest as needed due to injury or foul trouble.

you look at it your way while I will look at it my way.

What happened to Nunge, your shooting guard forward? Iowa must really be loaded if he does not play next year in top nine.

What happened to Nunge, your shooting guard forward? Iowa must really be loaded if he does not play next year in top nine.

Haha Nunge literally didn’t do a damn thing. He shot a contested 3 and clanked it. He tried to drive on Purdue a few times but went nowhere.

ADVERTISEMENT