ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

Interesting. Maryland picks up Mississippi State transfer Schnider Herard. Purdue recruited him and wanted him out of high school.
Kansas recruited both him and Newman. Not very impressed with Newman, was wondering where Herard would end up.

Bohannon is the leading scorer with 7 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist and 1 steal, but but Bohannon is the worst defender in the Country.

nobody has shot over 70% from 3 vs Iowa all season
Carson came into the game shooting 38.5% from 3 and was 45 of 117 from 3 TODAY he is 6-8 for 75%, you can't do that in practice with nobody around, ..
Amypoehler.gif

Seems like Iowa doesnt have a single player who can drive to the basket tbh. And Bohannon isn't a PG
That's impossible. Did you know Bohannon was one of only 20 named to 2018 Bob Cousey watch list? It's obvious you didn't know. But now you know.

Man it would be sweet is tOSU and Purdue were both 12-0 when they meet. I think people around the country might be starting to circle that game

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck
my take away from todays game is that Garza went head to head vs Hass and Haarms and never got dominated by either
Garza led the team in scoring with 19 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block in 20 minutes, going 6-7 from 2 and 2-3 from 3.

my take away from todays game is that Garza went head to head vs Hass and Haarms and never got dominated by either
Garza led the team in scoring with 19 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block in 20 minutes, going 6-7 from 2 and 2-3 from 3.

My main takeaway wasnt that Purdue dumptrucked their third straight opponent, it was then Kriener may have played his final game in an Iowa jersey

We will be hearing news of his transfer soob Id imagine. Maybe Nunge too.

My main takeaway wasnt that Purdue dumptrucked their third straight opponent, it was then Kriener may have played his final game in an Iowa jersey

Kriener got a concussion last game and didn't pass the test so he couldn't play. I would be surprised if he transfers. My guesses would be Ellingson and Wagner

He’s good but just admit that Purdue is a much better team @nitewing

Reactions: KisteK

nobody is going anywhere
Nunge in 12 minutes had 2 assists, 2 steals and 1 block and is just a FR so why would he leave?
Kriener was out with a injury. and is just a SO so why would he leave,
is this wishful thinking on your part?

it has been my experience that players improve every year,

next year there will be 6 JR's. 2 SO and 3 FR.
AND 3 SR's,

Fran does not crean players,
key additions in the 18 season
PG Connor
PG Fredrick
SG/WG Wieskamp,

adding the 2 PG's will be a big relief for JBo. as with the 2 PG's being added will allow JBo to play the 2 and get more rest as he played 33 minutes today.

Wieskamp will let Baer go back to doing what he does best and that is being this groups 6th man.

You could also say that Iowa went head-to-head with Purdue and matched them for the first 2 minutes. Take your victories where ever you can find them.

He’s good but just admit that Purdue is a much better team @nitewing
only because there are 4 SENIORS ON THEIR TEAM, ooo wow they walloped Wisconsin a team that graduated 4 seniors and are the youngest team ahead of Iowa in the BT,

OOO WOW they walloped a depleted Minnesota team because there top player is on the bench because of legal problems,

the entire BT is a shit storm and Purdue and MSU are taking full advantage of this as is OSU.

its amazing how really bad BT teams can and is making Purdue and OSU look better than maybe they are.

You could also say that Iowa went head-to-head with Purdue and matched them for the first 2 minutes. Take your victories where ever you can find them.
no victory in defeat the only positives are in who responds in this case it was Garza who went head with both Hass and Haarms and responded without backing down.

what this does is develop a better inside outside game. with Cook and Garza in the middle and JBo and Moss on the perimeter. now all they need is a solid starter at the 3. as Baer is the true 6th man for this team, this is where 6'6 Weiskamp can fill that void. just like 6'5 Connor will fill the void as the backup PG.

in the 19 class 6'7 Patrick will replace Baer but he is a starter but as a FR can work his way into the rotation. unlike these who were forced to play as FR
JBo
Moss
Cook
Pemsl
Kriener
and now Garza and Nunge,

3 rebounds! Dominant!

I am def gonna slight this guy again.

======================

Gil, if Cook graduates Iowa and never sees the NCAA tournament, should Fran be fired?
Cook will see the NCAAT, JUST 2 years ago they were in the NCAAT for the 3rd straight year after going 11 years with them going to the NCAAT 3 times.

you really think a coach that took a team to 3 straight NCAAT in his 7 years on the job vs a team that only went to the NCAAT 3 times in 11 years is going to get FIRED?

Cook will see the NCAAT, JUST 2 years ago they were in the NCAAT for the 3rd straight year after going 11 years with them going to the NCAAT 3 times.

you really think a coach that took a team to 3 straight NCAAT in his 7 years on the job vs a team that only went to the NCAAT 3 times in 11 years is going to get FIRED?

Calm down, I just think it'd be an absolute crime to waste a talent like Cook. It'd mean JBo never goes, either..

Bad look, imo.
No matter how talented your kids are.

Reactions: Jaycg15
another thing Fran guided this Iowa program to 4 straight 20 win season
and 6 straight .500+ seasons out of 7seasons,

please oh please tell me when did Iowa cross over that threshold to the level of Kentucky, Duke, Kansas or even MSU?

Man it would be sweet is tOSU and Purdue were both 12-0 when they meet. I think people around the country might be starting to circle that game

That would be the game of the year in the B1G if it happens. Purdue is just stacked and they are seniors. OSU has a lot more talent than many think, young and veteran. It would just be an amazing game, as compared to most of the B1G this year.

Garza hit jump shots he normally doesn’t hit when the game was already decided. Don’t overthink it.

Its going to be really fun watching Ethan Happ play this Iowa defense. Like I said, I cant wait for the game Tuesday.

another thing Fran guided this Iowa program to 4 straight 20 win season
and 6 straight .500+ seasons out of 7seasons,

please oh please tell me when did Iowa cross over that threshold to the level of Kentucky, Duke, Kansas or even MSU?

.500 season isn’t hard to accomplish.

Reactions: KisteK
Calm down, I just think it'd be an absolute crime to waste a talent like Cook. It'd mean JBo never goes, either..

Bad look, imo.
No matter how talented your kids are.
so you are saying none of them can improve?

that 2012 class improved each year and they produced the 3rd best win total for 4 year starters, the #1 win total happened in the 90-91 season. this how much Fran has done for the Iowa program.

Fran has also produced 4 straight 1st Team All BT teamers
here are Fran 1st 7 years a Iowa HC
4-14 10th in front of 11th place Indiana
8-10 7th NIT
9-9 6th NIT championship game
9-9 6th 1st NCAAT appearance
12-6 3rd 1st NCAAT WIN
12-6 3RD 2ND NCAAT WIN
10-8 5th NIT
that makes 5 .500 or better BT records. the last time that happened was in the late 1990's under Dr. Tom almost a little over 20+ years ago for the 5th .500+ BT winning seasons
Dr. Toms last 5 seasons resulted in these
1 2nd a sweet 16 the year he was run off,
1 3rd 1st round NCAAT Win
2 4th 2 1st round NCAAT wins
1 5th 1st round NCAAT win

Gil, every college basketball player wants to play in the NCAA tournament. Every player worth his scholarship does, anyway.

All I ask is

If Cook never plays in an NCAA tournament game, should Fran be fired?

Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT