ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

How's everyone feel about IU at Nebraska tonight? I haven't watched a ton of Nebraska this year, but when I have, I came away thinking they're a really solid team. IU's been playing well, but this should be a damn tough game for us tonight. Line started at IU +4, went up to +4.5 and has now dropped to +3.5. First thoughts are IU drops this one by more than the 4(ish) points.
I'll be staying away from that line for sure.

Reactions: SNU0821
Question- would you all think its lame of UofM to hang up a 2013 championship banner? Some discussion on our homeboard about it in light of the Louisville news

Lame.

Would be similar to the MSU Football twitter page tweeting out congrats to Nick Foles on his Super Bowl victory.

We all laughed and then they took it down.

Same thing would happen with the banner.

Reactions: BANGBRO
Hoping for Nebraska win, so they can make the tournament. Hoping IU then beats OSU next game .

Nebraska is going to need to either win the BTT or win from now until Sunday of the BTT to make the NCAA.

Thus, if you want to see Nebraska make the NCAA it will likely have to come at the expense of MSU losing to them on Saturday in New York. This will likely cost MSU any shot at a one seed (and may even reinforce the thought MSU won the regular season crown on merit of schedule).

I don't think there is a path where Nebraska can make the NCAA without it being detrimental to Michigan State.

So do you still want to see Nebraska make the NCAA?

And claiming National Championships when the NCAA tournament was inferior to the NIT.

giphy.gif

Nebraska is going to need to either win the BTT or win from now until Sunday of the BTT to make the NCAA.

Thus, if you want to see Nebraska make the NCAA it will likely have to come at the expense of MSU losing to them on Saturday in New York. This will likely cost MSU any shot at a one seed (and may even reinforce the thought MSU won the regular season crown on merit of schedule).

I don't think there is a path where Nebraska can make the NCAA without it being detrimental to Michigan State.

So do you still want to see Nebraska make the NCAA?

Honestly just wanted Nebraska to win so they look like a better win for MSU. Don't even really care if IU goes 2-0, or 0-2, or if Nebraska goes 0-2 or 2-0. They're #61 in the busted ass RPI, not sure anything is going to push them into the Top50 range.

Not sure a 1-seed is possible for MSU based on what the selection committee is saying is important this year. Unless maybe they win the BTT and beat Michigan/Purdue/OSU along the way. Even then, they'll still have a lower number of "quadrant' wins than other potential 1-seeds.

Honestly just wanted Nebraska to win so they look like a better win for MSU. Don't even really care if IU goes 2-0, or 0-2, or if Nebraska goes 0-2 or 2-0. They're #61 in the busted ass RPI, not sure anything is going to push them into the Top50 range.

Not sure a 1-seed is possible for MSU based on what the selection committee is saying is important this year. Unless maybe they win the BTT and beat Michigan/Purdue/OSU along the way. Even then, they'll still have a lower number of "quadrant' wins than other potential 1-seeds.

Your odds of getting a quad 1 win with Nebraska are basically impossible at this point.

On the other hand, the road win at Indiana could sneak up to quad 1 if the Hoosiers win their next four games or so.

Plus Michigan State played Indiana twice to the one time versus the Huskers.

It is marginally incremental, but the smart money would be on Indiana

Reactions: ScarletnGrayBuck

I will absolutely love how these top teams play against each other on a neutral court at MSG. Should be epic.

Not to get too specific but rooting for a triple overtime Illinois win over MSU tonight. Ill-Ini!

Illinois will be exhausted for Purdue game. Game on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Crazy

Maybe I’m crazy but does it seem like the Izzone has lost a step or two? Doesn’t seem the same as it was when I was in school (graduated in 2010).
Not crazy at all. Very disappointing. Many people on our HB talk about it a lot.

How many times have they looked great, dominant? Not many. Struggled against a lot of bad teams. But that's how all of college basketball is this year.

Yeah. MSU has avoided the bad loss though which every top team has at least 1. (Maybe UVA doesn’t).

Frazier though for Ill has hit two jackass desperation threes with 1 second on the clock.

MSU will win easily.

Illinois will be exhausted for Purdue game. Game on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Crazy
And again Sunday. This MSG crap needs to stop. We're not the only team with a stretch like this.

Dave Flemming is marveled at Underwood's intensity during the timeout.

He has obviously never seen a Frantrum.

Reactions: Jaycg15
How many times have they looked great, dominant? Not many. Struggled against a lot of bad teams. But that's how all of college basketball is this year.

They looked dominant the first ~half of the season. They haven't looked dominant since the OSU loss.
That happens in conference play. A lot of good coaches making adjustments.

Maybe I’m crazy but does it seem like the Izzone has lost a step or two? Doesn’t seem the same as it was when I was in school (graduated in 2010).

They definitely seem weaker than in the past. They have been consistently outshined by the "oldzone" (izzone alumni game when current students are on break).

Not sure what happened. Seems like more people are interested in texting, or wearing goofy outfits to get on TV than to actually be loud and cheer. They only get loud after a big dunk / play anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT