ADVERTISEMENT

*Official* 2017-2018 B1G In-Season Thread

What do your wins look like?

giphy.gif

Agree - Just like it will be a huge reason if Illinois were to get their first conference win tonight playing against a team without their starting center.
Yeah, I already see that excuse coming. We don't have a starting center, so it shouldn't matter.

I foresee it being used that way.
How do you view the reasons you have given for Illinois being 0-8? I mean they sure sound like excuses. Maybe not. IDk. But man----thats what it sounds like to me.

FTR---If we lose tonight, It will have nadda to do with not having Davis. Non-factor.

Reactions: klize17
Hopefully Indiana wins and the total is 141

Thanks in advance to both teams

I foresee it being used that way.
How do you view the reasons you have given for Illinois being 0-8? I mean they sure sound like excuses. Maybe not. IDk. But man----thats what it sounds like to me.

FTR---If we lose tonight, It will have nadda to do with not having Davis. Non-factor.
I've said it on here a bunch of times that they don't have the players to play their system.

You Indiana fans are all up in arms because I said Illinois would've faired better with your schedule. I'm speaking to the layout and the injuries. It's not complicated.

the future is looking better. whether you can accept it or not. oh by the way Fran is 7-6 vs Purdue, again before you shoot your mouth shouldn't Painter at least have a winning record vs Fran 1st?

IUs wins don’t count but Illinois will even with a missing piece? Terrible trolling.

And you’re right it will have nothing to do with DeRon if IU does lose. Just funny

Just that ole Bad Luck for Illinois and good luck for IU

Thought experiment.

Would you have rather played all of your games in the order that you played them or Illinois played them?

Minnesota completely healthy and Maryland completely healthy, or both of those teams missing significant pieces? Would you rather have played Northwestern at home, or would you rather play them away? Michigan state would have been a loss for either one of us away or home.

That's all I was getting at.

Reactions: KisteK
I've said it on here a bunch of times that they don't have the players to play their system.

You Indiana fans are all up in arms because I said Illinois would've faired better with your schedule. I'm speaking to the layout and the injuries. It's not complicated.
And that is possibly true. BUT.........How confident are you this Illinois team wins @ Minny, even had they been shorthanded? And sure you could've faired better. But what is better----------2-6? 3-5?

Funny how you say Illinois doesn't have the players to play their syste. I can say the same thing about IU. No shooters. Zero. None. No depth. Starting a walk-on. Tallest starter is 6'8". No PG of any count. Most of our back-up's are freshman. All these guys are mostly Crean holdovers.

Yet, Miller has IU at 5-3.

I'll take it.

not at all. Iowa is stuck with him. This is a big advantage for all the other B1G bball programs. Fran is worth 8 points to the opposition. I hope he stays for the next 20 years.
we will see if you will still be saying that the end of this year and going into the 18-19 Season.

if Fran can have just 2 top 100 4* players and take Iowa to the NIT Championship game, then to 3 straight NCAAT game produceing back to back 3rd place finishes in the BT. just think what he will do with 4 top 100 4* players and 2 4* players just outside the top 100....

the future is looking better. whether you can accept it or not. oh by the way Fran is 7-6 vs Purdue, again before you shoot your mouth shouldn't Painter at least have a winning record vs Fran 1st?

You seem to focus on something so irrelevant because that’s all you’ve got. So what if Fran is 7-6 against Purdue? Mike Davis went like 10-2 against Purdue.

Thought experiment.

Would you have rather played all of your games in the order that you played them or Illinois played them?

Minnesota completely healthy and Maryland completely healthy, or both of those teams missing significant pieces? Would you rather have played Northwestern at home, or would you rather play them away? Michigan state would have been a loss for either one of us away or home.

That's all I was getting at.
And it is a fair point. But you are totally ignoring the fact that IU lost a significant piece as well. Forced Miller to start a freshman and a walk-on. I don't think we beat Minny if they have Coffeee and Lynch. Maryland I do think we win. Northwestern is a toss-up. But I think we are better than NW. We didn't just squeeze by them. We beat them by 20.

To win at Minny a few days after losing De'Ron was big. Impressive really.

Anyways, good luck tonight.

we will see if you will still be saying that the end of this year and going into the 18-19 Season.

if Fran can have just 2 top 100 4* players and take Iowa to the NIT Championship game, then to 3 straight NCAAT game produceing back to back 3rd place finishes in the BT. just think what he will do with 4 top 100 4* players and 2 4* players just outside the top 100....

NIT Championship isn’t something to brag about. So you were essentially the 66th/67th best team that year? Yeehaw!

And it is a fair point. But you are totally ignoring the fact that IU lost a significant piece as well. Forced Miller to start a freshman and a walk-on. I don't think we beat Minny if they have Coffeee and Lynch. Maryland I do think we win. Northwestern is a toss-up. But I think we are better than NW. We didn't just squeeze by them. We beat them by 20.

To win at Minny a few days after losing De'Ron was big. Impressive really.

Anyways, good luck tonight.

I’m hoping for a Chester Frazier/Eric Gordon mid court altercation.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
IUs wins don’t count but Illinois will even with a missing piece? Terrible trolling.
Yeah I know. Is what it is. Tonight will be tough. Always is up there. But yeah it is funny how he discredit's our wins b/c teams were missing key pieces. But IU missing Davis doesn't count. A 6'11", 4* guy playing 25+mpg, averaging 10/5 is no big deal. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT