ADVERTISEMENT

NIT at Barclays - KU/TENN/MARQ/LOU

5thGenJayhawk

May 6, 2015
Pretty solid tournament here...going to be fun.

I predict:

KU v. MARQ - KU
TENN v. LOU - TENN

KU v. TENN - KU in the final.

I think Marquette upsets KU. Have struggled big time against teams that like to put 4-5 guys who can shoot the 3 on the court together. Overall talent gap with those mid-majors allowed KU to prevail against them. That talent gap isn't there with Marquette. I just get the feeling Marquette upsets KU.

I think KU will be by far the strongest in the field by the end of the year, but I'm not sure they're there now. They've been underwhelming overall.

Vick: unconscious two straight games.
Udoka: unstoppable force

The rest: decent so far. Plenty of talent, but the chemistry isn't quite there and Lawson hasn't been the efficient scorer I expected.

I think Marquette upsets KU. Have struggled big time against teams that like to put 4-5 guys who can shoot the 3 on the court together. Overall talent gap with those mid-majors allowed KU to prevail against them. That talent gap isn't there with Marquette. I just get the feeling Marquette upsets KU.

I can see this...Dedric's defense is going to be a major deciding factor. If he can guard out to the 3pt line today, we should be ok. If not, then we are playing for 3rd Place.

Kansas has a very solid team but have so much to improve on. We haven't collectively played well yet and D Lawson hasn't shown up yet. Marq will give us a good game and I think UT has the type of roster that could really gives us trouble if we don't have a good shooting night.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I can see this...Dedric's defense is going to be a major deciding factor. If he can guard out to the 3pt line today, we should be ok. If not, then we are playing for 3rd Place.
He really needs to step up on both ends of the floor. Dok has been drawing doubles and Lawson has yet to make teams pay on the back side. He needs a breakout game soon.

Will definitely give Tennessee a good chance to see where they stand if they play KU. Looking forward to that matchup.

Kansas hasn't impressed me, outside the first half of the CC.
I wouldn't be surprised if KU dropped either of these games, tbh.

ku gets run out of the gym tonight. i hate to say it but marquette booty blasts the jayhawks 94-61.

Last edited:
Reactions: toonces11
He really needs to step up on both ends of the floor. Dok has been drawing doubles and Lawson has yet to make teams pay on the back side. He needs a breakout game soon.

Yup and right now D. Lawson is playing too much with finesse on the offensive end. He's normally in a great position where he can dunk the ball but we haven't seen that power play on the interior just yet.

kansas looks so bad right now.

Other than the 1st half of MSU they've looked bad all year including the exhibitions games. The same issues have crept up in every game. Guarding the 3pt line, turnovers, and inability to finish around the basket outside of Dok dunks.

Marquette is taking our guys to the woodshed now. If our guys don't collect themselves, Marquette will blow this game wide open.

i would never criticize bill self, but the word is out on ku being unable to guard the three point line, and something has to be done.

Not worried. Eventually they will start to miss a few. Nobody outside of ‘18 Nova can keep shooting at that clip. And Self will finally put Doke back in. He changes the game even when he isn’t scoring.

Garrett sees the floor way too much. He's guaranteed to a) throw up an ill-advised brick, b) drive and miss or c) draw a foul and brick at least one at the charity stripe.

KU has outscored Marquette 19-0 to start the 2nd half. Self probably destroyed the locker room at halftime.

Reactions: KisteK
classic 22-0 run to start the second half. we should have seen it coming.

All five KU starters are very talented, but it seems like two of them are required to be a complete no-show each game.

If/when they all start to show up together, they can dominate. Especially if they consistently give the defensive effort they showed in the 2nd tonight.

All five KU starters are very talented, but it seems like two of them are required to be a complete no-show each game.

If/when they all start to show up together, they can dominate. Especially if they consistently give the defensive effort they showed in the 2nd tonight.

It’s early. They’ll be stupid good in a month

It’s early. They’ll be stupid good in a month
Exactly. Enjoy the ride. This team is going to be special. There is so much to improve on and they will get tremendously better.

I’m excited to watch them grow and develop. So many freshman, transfers who haven’t played in 2 years and guys developing into new roles.

Tennessee has to do a better job defending the Three than they did against Louisville or it will be a long night for the Vols.

Tenn/KU is going to be a treat. A great early season game. I kinda of like the Vols, here. Very experienced, physical team. I like the Vols, 88-80.

Reactions: della
Tenn/KU is going to be a treat. A great early season game. I kinda of like the Vols, here. Very experienced, physical team. I like the Vols, 88-80.
I agree, as long as Grant Williams stays out of foul trouble.

I think it will really be a big test for us. If we are cold from outside it could spell major trouble. Our defense hasn’t clicked yet

This definitely could be one of those games KU loses because they don't have the experience in some parts like Tennessee does. That said Tennessee plays a style with 2 bigs that fits more to what KU likes to play. KU could find themselves with having more success defensively against Tennesse than they have had against their last few opponents.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
This definitely could be one of those games KU loses because they don't have the experience in some parts like Tennessee does. That said Tennessee plays a style with 2 bigs that fits more to what KU likes to play. KU could find themselves with having more success defensively against Tennesse than they have had against their last few opponents.
TBH, this is a toss'em, game. I just like Tenn more b/c pf the experience. But you are right--UT's style does fit KU.

14 secs left and Louisville has some numbnuts dribble out the clock for a step back three. You ****ing kidding me

Why didn't they review that UL three? They take points away all the time for a foot on the line, why not add one?. He was clearly behind the line.

ADVERTISEMENT