ADVERTISEMENT

NFL general discussion thread.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...fter-helmet-swing-two-other-players-punished/

Garrett has been suspended indefinitely without pay (at minimum for the rest of the season), Pouncey has been suspended for 3 games without pay, Ogunjobi has been suspended for 1 game without pay and all 3 players have been fined undisclosed amounts. Both teams were also fined $250,000. Additional discipline could be coming for other players
truth be told, I think maybe the worst action was Ogunjobi as he ran over Rudolph who did not see him coming.

With the article stating that his suspension is indefinite and will be for the remainder of this season at minimum I’d be surprised if his suspension doesn’t extend into next season. If they’ll suspend players for 6 games for violating the league substance abuse policy then you’d think that they would suspend a player at least double that for ripping off a player’s helmet and then hitting him with it.
Then you also consider they don't suspend a player for even a game when he beats and threatens to beat his kid, nor a player who choked another player on the ground.

They also did not suspend Antonio smith who ripped off Incognito's helmet and hit him much harder in his face.....

Pretty good slate of games this week.

Panthers vs Saints. Panthers are desperate for a win and it would be nice to get a 3rd loss for the Saints.

Cowboys vs Patriots. Obviously the Patriots are expected to win. But the Cowboys do have an elite offense. We'll see if they can make it a game.

Packers vs 49ers. The Niners are without another big piece in their defense this week. We seem to be adding another big player to the injury list every week. Already without Kwon Alexander for the year, they now have to take on Aaron Rodgers without a major piece to their pass rush in Dee Ford. This tells me that the Niners will have to score 30+ to win this game. They should have George Kittle back, so that will help.

Ravens vs Rams. The Rams have played great defense over the last month. Not so much offense. Though the Ravens can rack up points on offense, I could easily see this being a 13-10 type game. A really good MNF game regardless.

Pretty good slate of games this week.

Panthers vs Saints. Panthers are desperate for a win and it would be nice to get a 3rd loss for the Saints.

Cowboys vs Patriots. Obviously the Patriots are expected to win. But the Cowboys do have an elite offense. We'll see if they can make it a game.

Packers vs 49ers. The Niners are without another big piece in their defense this week. We seem to be adding another big player to the injury list every week. Already without Kwon Alexander for the year, they now have to take on Aaron Rodgers without a major piece to their pass rush in Dee Ford. This tells me that the Niners will have to score 30+ to win this game. They should have George Kittle back, so that will help.

Ravens vs Rams. The Rams have played great defense over the last month. Not so much offense. Though the Ravens can rack up points on offense, I could easily see this being a 13-10 type game. A really good MNF game regardless.
The Panthers definitely need a win to gain some ground on the Saints and increase our chances of making the playoffs.I’ll most likely miss most of if not all of the first half because I’ll be a gun and knife show, so hopefully I’ll come home to find out that we’re leading.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
That’s going to be a fun game
It's a 1 o'clock game. Advantage you. The thing that concerns me is our lack of run defense. They held Rodgers in check last night, but both Murray and Wilson had some success and neither of them have Ingram in the backfield. Jackson should be able to create chaos. If the Niners front line shows out like they did last night, I will be happy. I really like the emergence of Deebo Samuel. Him, a healthy Kittle and Sanders are as good of a recieving trio the 49ers have had in a long time.

49ers and Ravens look like the two best teams right now.

Hoping the Chiefs can get their shit together after the bye. Finally getting healthy.

Reactions: dtgold88
Still think that Jackson will struggle if forced to come from behind and win a game with his arm. But no one has been able to put them in that position lately.

Still think that Jackson will struggle if forced to come from behind and win a game with his arm. But no one has been able to put them in that position lately.
Disagree, dude has a sufficient arm, plus he’s accurate and aware in the pocket. He’s basically the complete package.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Disagree, dude has a sufficient arm, plus he’s accurate and aware in the pocket. He’s basically the complete package.

Well, he's only been in that situation twice this year and it didn't go well. And it's not as if the Chiefs or Browns have Ronnie Lott back there.

Again, it may not matter.

Reactions: dtgold88
ADVERTISEMENT