ADVERTISEMENT

New thread because New Bombshell tweets

His eligibility is indeed Duke's concern now.
The fact remains they were not mentioned.
A member of your damn team was named, so your school was named. This isn't rocket science. This is literally a worse job of deflection than the UNC folks did.

Hate to break it to you, but Zion Williamson is as much a part of Duke basketball as Coach K is.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
2kf0ks.jpg

That one of your current players asked for money, jobs and a place to live in order to attend a college. Totally no big deal.
So they said absolutely nothing about Duke at all?

If you cannot give a quote where Duke was mentioned, then clearly Duke wasn't mentioned. Yet you insinuate that I am special ed. Wow

But yet you’re ITT posting “Nothing to see here with Duke, Zion and the trial.”

C’mon man... no offense, but you have to take your own advice sometimes.

Actually I have more than once in this thread. You should probably read all my posts not just a select few.

A member of your damn team was named, so your school was named. This isn't rocket science. This is literally a worse job of deflection than the UNC folks did.

Hate to break it to you, but Zion Williamson is as much a part of Duke basketball as Coach K is.
You are correct that this is not rocket science. The difference between the verb "to mention" and the verb "to relate (to)" is elementary school stuff. If the former applies, quote it. Otherwise, you might want to get a second grader to tutor you.

Reactions: Quavarius
So they said absolutely nothing about Duke at all?

If you cannot give a quote where Duke was mentioned, then clearly Duke wasn't mentioned. Yet you insinuate that I am special ed. Wow
Good god you are dense. If a member of your current roster was mentioned, your team was mentioned. You must need assistance tying your shoes if this is a difficult concept for you to grasp. Keep living in fantasy land I guess.

Good god you are dense. If a member of your current roster was mentioned, your team was mentioned. You must need assistance tying your shoes if this is a difficult concept for you to grasp. Keep living in fantasy land I guess.
Quote where they mentioned Duke. This will end all debate.

You are correct that this is not rocket science. The difference between the verb "to mention" and the verb "to relate (to)" is elementary school stuff. If the former applies, quote it. Otherwise, you might want to get a second grader to tutor you.
Like I said, arguing semantics like a 4 year old who can't admit you're wrong. Zion Williamson IS Duke basketball now. If he was mentioned, your program was.

Like I said, arguing semantics like a 4 year old who can't admit you're wrong. Zion Williamson IS Duke basketball now. If he was mentioned, your program was.
So quote it. That's the footprint mentioning something leaves behind.

Are you fcking stupid or something? Zion Williamson IS Duke.

This is a very underappreciated for locked-thread reasons... The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy so go **** yourself, or something? How does that phrase go?

And no, Duke was not mentioned. That is not semantics. “Duke” being mentioned would mean a representative of Duke University or a coach or the word “Duke” itself. A player was mentioned to eventually went to Duke. I don’t get how this is even a discussion.

Now you could argue that because a player being discussed eventually want to Duke, Duke may have cheated or something like that. But Duke is not mentioned.

Reactions: RonEJones
So then you agree---UK has been mentioned as well?

Edit:Just saw where you said current roster...Which leads to the question of---Why current? Is that your key word to keep UK out of it?

So then you agree---UK has been mentioned as well?

Edit:Just saw where you said current roster...Which leads to the question of---Why current? Is that your key word to keep UK out of it?
Yes, Kentucky was mentioned, though none of our players past or current have people on record saying they asked for anything.

See how easy that is? Great gotcha, Borden. Eyeroll

Laughing

OK. SO I will ask this.

If the NCAA concludes that Zion took money to attend Kansas....Does Duke get in trouble?
If they play Zion, they would have to forfeit any games they play him in. I've already been through this in the current thread. I never accused Duke of cheating, which is why the level of resistance is just stupid.

If they play Zion, they would have to forfeit any games they play him in. I've already been through this in the current thread. I never accused Duke of cheating, which is why the level of resistance is just stupid.
Sure, if they play him. Say they dont---Do they get in trouble? No, they do not. NOW---If Duke were mentioned, then....then they would/could. To insinuate someone is part of something simply b/c of association is silly, Global. Which is exactly what you are doing.

That's what stupid. Duke is no part of this. None. Zero. It didn't say, "Zion asked DUKE for money". It said, "Kansas". You can bet your bottom dollar is a story broke, and it said--"Keldon Johnson asked UCLA for money", that you would fight tooth and nail separating UK from any association. And you would be correct.

Sure, if they play him. Say they dont---Do they get in trouble? No, they do not.
You literally, just restated what I have said...

To insinuate someone is part of something simply b/c of association is silly, Global. Which is exactly what you are doing.
I didn't insinuate anything. I already said I don't think Duke cheated. Read the damn thread before you start pulling stuff out of your backside.

That's what stupid. Duke is no part of this. None. Zero. It didn't say, "Zion asked DUKE for money". It said, "Kansas". You can bet your bottom dollar is a story broke, and it said--"Keldon Johnson asked UCLA for money", that you would fight tooth and nail separating UK from any association. And you would be correct.
If Keldon Johnson was on the record for asking for stuff from UCLA, I wouldn't try and deny that UK was involved in the current situation. That would just be dumb. You don't have to be guilty to be involved in a situation. Innocent bystanders are also involved. It is not a difficult concept.

But thanks for telling me how I would react.

Reactions: treyforuk
Isn’t Bam involved for getting 34k? Wasn’t NC State trying to buy him to play with Dennis Smith Jr?
I don't recall the entire Bam story, but it didn't involve him or his family. Think it was his AAU coach? His eligibility isn't in question with what came out.

You literally, just restated what I have said...

I didn't insinuate anything. I already said I don't think Duke cheated. Read the damn thread before you start pulling stuff out of your backside.

If Keldon Johnson was on the record for asking for stuff from UCLA, I wouldn't try and deny that UK was involved in the current situation. That would just be dumb. You don't have to be guilty to be involved in a situation. Innocent bystanders are also involved. It is not a difficult concept.

But thanks for telling me how I would react.
Yeah----Ok. I know exactly how you, and the rest of BBN would react.

I don't need to read the entire thread. You saying Duke was mentioned is wrong. Zion was. Not Duke.

I don't recall the entire Bam story, but it didn't involve him or his family. Think it was his AAU coach? His eligibility isn't in question with what came out.
I don’t recall anything about his AAU coach. All I really remember was a notebook that had his name with the amount he received with “2017 draft not signed: bad loan” but I haven’t really kept up with it much.

I remember when Kentucky fans wanted Zion and were recruiting him really hard and thought they’d get him.

I also remember Kevin Knox randomly choosing Kentucky out of nowhere like Zion did with Duke.

But Cal’s whole “we walk” was just like K and Roy’s comments, stupid. Didn’t walk away from Zion and numerous other recruits.

If somethin comes out then you’re gonna look so dumb. Then somethin comes out about Zion literally a day after K saying that at media day, lol.

But Cal’s whole “we walk” was just like K and Roy’s comments, stupid. Didn’t walk away from Zion and numerous other recruits.

To be fair, he said in is quote that some walk from Calipari and UK.

"So, the thing that Kentucky is not for everyone, we do not get everyone that we start recruiting. Some of them, we walk away from. Some of them, they walk away from us and it’s — you’re not promised anything.”

I remember when Kentucky fans wanted Zion and were recruiting him really hard and thought they’d get him.

I also remember Kevin Knox randomly choosing Kentucky out of nowhere like Zion did with Duke.

If somethin comes out then you’re gonna look so dumb. Then somethin comes out about Zion literally a day after K saying that at media day, lol.
I think it would be naive any any fan to think their school has clean hands. And yeah, that includes IU; though, I mean, ummm, well....If we were paying for the kids we got---Crean's dumber than I thought. Majority of our most touted recruits were from Indiana. But, I do worry about the likes of Vonleh and Bryant.

Anyways...I just look at it like this: If School "A" is offering you $100K, why would you go to School "B" for nothing? Now, I understand this doesn't pertain to all kids. Money to some may not mean as much. May not need it. But on the other side, it certainly pertains to some, as well. So before proclaiming---"No way my school is involved..." Just ask yourself the above mentioned---"Why would a kid go play somewhere for nothing, when he go play somewhere for something?

Sure, if they play him. Say they dont---Do they get in trouble? No, they do not. NOW---If Duke were mentioned, then....then they would/could. To insinuate someone is part of something simply b/c of association is silly, Global. Which is exactly what you are doing.

I damn sure wouldn't play Keldon J0hnson (if I was Calipari) in this scenario, until the NCAA told me I could and even then you're not safe.

ADVERTISEMENT