ADVERTISEMENT

New thread because New Bombshell tweets

I damn sure wouldn't play Keldon J0hnson (if I was Calipari) in this scenario, until the NCAA told me I could and even then you're not safe.
This is what troubles me about the whole DeSousa issue.......KU must have known that Preston was dirty so they held him out while investigating.....which ultimately saved them a lost season since his name was mentioned. But if you are that careful with him....why play DeSousa? Silvio only played 8.8 minutes a game and mostly in mop up minutes or to spell Dok. Why risk the season and post season if it turns out hes ineligible? I know the defense in their closing remarks claims that KU knew about the payments to his handlers to get out from under the Under Armor payment to attend Maryland, but if they did....and they played him......somebody needs to be handed walking papers. Completely foolish move. Unless they were told by the NCAA that he was in the clear.

Do you have facts? If not, it is baseless. Pick up a dictionary, bro.

You have two options, I guess. You can run with the theory that Bill Self/Adidas has to cheat to acquire half the talent that Calipari gets w/out cheating Laughing

....or accept reality.

Yeah----Ok. I know exactly how you, and the rest of BBN would react.

I don't need to read the entire thread. You saying Duke was mentioned is wrong. Zion was. Not Duke.
Based on what? What a ridiculous thing to say. You dont know me, or most of the BBN. And I was in tball the last time UK was in any major trouble with the NCAA in basketball. So I'm not sure what historical data you could be pulling from to tell me how I would react.
If UK basketball ever gets caught cheating, I will have no problem owning up to it. Just like I did when UK football cheated. Exactly 0 percent of my personal happiness in life is based on UK and the lack of NCAA penalties , so no reason for denial. UK basketball could be put on probation and suck and I would still watch and enjoy it. See UK football.

And you do need to read the thread if you are going to say I am insinuating something when I directly stated the exact opposite in the same thread. Or continue doubling down on false statements. It's cool.

Last edited:
I remember when Kentucky fans wanted Zion and were recruiting him really hard and thought they’d get him.

I also remember Kevin Knox randomly choosing Kentucky out of nowhere like Zion did with Duke.

But Cal’s whole “we walk” was just like K and Roy’s comments, stupid. Didn’t walk away from Zion and numerous other recruits.

If somethin comes out then you’re gonna look so dumb. Then somethin comes out about Zion literally a day after K saying that at media day, lol.
I'm guessing Zion didnt ask K (or Cal) for money or he wouldnt have made that statement. Otherwise I'm sure K would have walked.

You'd have to be the dumbest coach alive to knowingly take players asking for money at Duke or UK imo. I believe Cal's statement 100%. And believe it for most big time head coaches in the NCAA. Maybe its just plausible deniability, but I'd expect most coaches to look elsewhere for talent if possible if confronted with direct requests for money.

Thats not to say they arent paid elsewhere.

Based on what? What a ridiculous thing to say. You dont know me, or most of the BBN. And I was in tball the last time UK was in any major trouble with the NCAA in basketball. So I'm not sure what historical data you could be pulling from to tell me how I would react.
If UK basketball ever gets caught cheating, I will have no problem owning up to it. Just like I did when UK football cheated. Exactly 0 percent of my personal happiness in life is based on UK and the lack of NCAA penalties , so no reason for denial. UK basketball could be put on probation and suck and I would still watch and enjoy it. See UK football.

And you do need to read the thread if you are going to say I am insinuating something when I directly stated the exact opposite in the same thread.
Ok. You are right. If this were UK player, not you, nor BBN would be on the other side of this argument.

This is what troubles me about the whole DeSousa issue.......KU must have known that Preston was dirty so they held him out while investigating.....which ultimately saved them a lost season since his name was mentioned. But if you are that careful with him....why play DeSousa? Silvio only played 8.8 minutes a game and mostly in mop up minutes or to spell Dok. Why risk the season and post season if it turns out hes ineligible? I know the defense in their closing remarks claims that KU knew about the payments to his handlers to get out from under the Under Armor payment to attend Maryland, but if they did....and they played him......somebody needs to be handed walking papers. Completely foolish move. Unless they were told by the NCAA that he was in the clear.
They played him because they didn't think they would get caught. It's just that simple. If they knew for a second that the FBI was going to come sniffing around they would have pulled that kid right off the court.

I’d hold those thoughts until all these trials are over. Anyone who thinks that ku is the only school that going to be brought out and embarrassed is wrong.

The underbelly of this likely goes much further than one blue blood program. I’ll just sit back and hope for the best regarding Duke. I think it be wise all other premier programs do the same. Just my opinion.
Yep. Told my wife the exact thing. Why would a kid pass on $100K, and go play somewhere else for free? It would be quite naive to think your school, COULDN"T be involved.

Reactions: HRTheCard
@Global Havok what are your thoughts on CBB in general? Dirty or not really? Just some coaches and schools? A few of the top 50 recruits?

And I do agree that most coaches would avoid players/families looking for payment from anyone and everyone.

They played him because they didn't think they would get caught. It's just that simple. If they knew for a second that the FBI was going to come sniffing around they would have pulled that kid right off the court.
At that point, you might as well keep playing him anyways. Your season is already toast pretty much. I wouldn't have pulled him if I was the coach, unless he was actually ruled ineligible.

Yep. Told my wife the exact thing. Why would a kid pass on $100K, and go play somewhere else for free? It would be quite naive to think your school, COULDN"T be involved.
It honestly seems that the majority of fans here have that exact mindset. Its weird to me.

@Global Havok what are your thoughts on CBB in general? Dirty or not really? Just some coaches and schools? A few of the top 50 recruits?

And I do agree that most coaches would avoid players/families looking for payment from anyone and everyone.
The scene in general? Kids are getting hand outs in one shape or another everywhere.

The head coaches at most power programs? Clean.

At that point, you might as well keep playing him anyways. Your season is already toast pretty much. I wouldn't have pulled him if I was the coach, unless he was actually ruled ineligible.
Yeah, but they diddid realize they were going to be caught until the season was over. The FBI stuff all happened over the summer.

It honestly seems that the majority of fans here have that exact mindset. Its weird to me.
The schools don't go around offering 100k to every top 25 kid, IMO. That would be reckless. The kids or their handlers ask for it. I think most coaches probably avoid those kids.

Yeah, but they diddid realize they were going to be caught until the season was over. The FBI stuff all happened over the summer.
Oh yeah, I just mean if the FBI stuff had popped off in Feb I still don't think I would have sat the kid.

I'm sure tons of UK fans would. That doesn't mean I, or any given UK fan would. Believe it or not, the UK fanbase (just like any other collection of people) is made up of individuals and not a collective hive mind.
Funny how some use this argument when convenient to their "argument".Laughing Remember this next time before putting that "S" on the word, "fan".Winking

Also worth noting that the defense will totally try to insinuate coach's and staff knew-----b/c that gets their clients out of trouble for fraud.

Oh yeah, I just mean if the FBI stuff had popped off in Feb I still don't think I would have sat the kid.
I might have sat him at that point. By playing him, you're basically hoisting your two middle fingers in the air and telling everyone to kiss your ass.
But at that point you really want to salvage whatever class you can and call it a day.

Funny how some use this argument when convenient to their "argument".Laughing Remember this next time before putting that "S" on the word, "fan".Winking
You'll have a hard time finding me generalizing an entire fanbase anywhere. Because I don't do it.

I might generalize fans of a given school on this board. (I don't think we have an active UNC poster who acknowledges they commited academic fraud on this message board.) I'll generalize by saying that the UNC fans around here are in denial.

I won't say "If Nasir Little got caught taking money, every single UNC fan will try and dismiss it." Because that would be ignorant, and I cannot read minds.

The scene in general? Kids are getting hand outs in one shape or another everywhere.

The head coaches at most power programs? Clean.
Ok head coaches are clean or at least kept at a distance, agreed. Would you classify schools or programs as "clean"?

That so many fans want to believe players come to their school for free or their schools are clean. Fans just have this need to believe its clean...just enjoy it for what it is.
Not everyone has Shawn Miller for a coach.
It's really not that far fetched and I'm thinking you're going to find out that UK, UNC, Nova and Duke are clean, the schools that are dirty are the ones trying to keep pace with those 4.

It's really not that far fetched and I'm thinking you're going to find out that UK, UNC, Nova and Duke are clean, the schools that are dirty are the ones trying to keep pace with those 4.
I dont know any that have Shawn Miller as a coach. But ok, enjoy your imaginationland even with the recent news.

Hold on....you actually believe that players would rather be penniless at Kentucky or Duke than get paid to play in Allen Fieldhouse?
You seen anything at all that has indicated UK, Duke or UNC paid a player?
Alright then.

Reactions: RipThru
Ok head coaches are clean or at least kept at a distance, agreed. Would you classify schools or programs as "clean"?
I doubt any school or program is completely clean once you get down to the individual player level. It is naive to think otherwise.

I don't think most schools are tossing around $100k to their top recruits though. I think thats probably reserved for players actively seeking it, and the programs willing to play ball. But it doesn't take $100k to commit a NCAA infraction. Kids get free meals, tattoo's etc... probably pretty much everywhere.

That's a bold statement to make. You've said it a couple of times now this week. You have no idea what all goes involved with any of those schools so I'm not sure why you say this with such confidence.

Reactions: HRTheCard
I dont know any that have Shawn Miller as a coach. But ok, enjoy your imaginationland even with the recent news.
I mean, are you an insider? Are you inside the ropes and therefore have first hand knowledge of what is going on?

That's a bold statement to make. You've said it a couple of times now this week. You have no idea what all goes involved with any of those schools so I'm not sure why you say this with such confidence.
To me it's common sense, those 4 schools are kicking everyone's asses, there's no reason for tgem to cheat. Why would K or Roy crush their reputations like that? Why would Cal pay a player when there are a dozen or so other kids that want to play through UK to get to the NBA where the real money is?

To me it's common sense, those 4 schools are kicking everyone's asses, there's no reason for tgem to cheat. Why would K or Roy crush their reputations like that? Why would Cal pay a player when there are a dozen or so other kids that want to play through UK to get to the NBA where the real money is?
Well, in recent years Kentucky hasn't been kicking anybody's ass but that's not relevant here.

You know Kansas hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong at this point, right? I mean there's a lot there to suggest that they knew about dirty stuff going on but we have no evidence that Self and staff directed anything. What we do know for sure is that players are getting paid at the AAU level by shoe companies in order to steer them to certain schools. It's very naive to assume that it's not happening with players trying to go to schools like UK, Duke and UNC and it's very naive to assume that the coaches at these schools aren't aware that it's happening.

I've said for years that everybody is dirty and I still believe that. I think that most coaches are aware of this happening at the high school levl but do nothing about it because they know they need those guys in order to win and keep their jobs. That's dirty and since they do nothing about it they're contributing to the problem. That's just my opinion though.

I mean, are you an insider? Are you inside the ropes and therefore have first hand knowledge of what is going on?
I had friends who played D1 sports at multiple schools (one was a girls tennis player who had a surprising amount of shadiness around her recruitment) and a family member who played AAU ball and stayed connected for a while. I was told some general things about the Bagleys, and thats as specific as I was ever told. I have very little inside knowledge of specifics, but can also fill in some blanks using basic logic. Have you ever been to an AAU event? It really doesnt take much insider info or connections to get an idea. Pay attention to some "insiders" comments on Twitter surrounding this trial.

I know it seems easier to just believe elite player A choose elite school A over B because A had a more at "home" feel or whatever it is, and I probably wont ever change your mind, which is fine

Reactions: Todoubled23
You all gotta admit that Calipari is under more scrutiny than just about any other coach and he’s at a program with the resources to get good players with out cheating. Not hard to believe at all that he hasn’t cheated at UK due to scrutiny.

ADVERTISEMENT