ADVERTISEMENT

New thread because New Bombshell tweets

Jealousy is a hell of a thing. Makes people say stupid shit. Reminds me of some others now.
Funny thing is, I’ve seen rival fans make the blanket statement over, and over, and over again that UK fans thought Cal was dirty before he came to UK. Some did, sure. But I don’t think the vast majority did. I think most were like me - they only knew what was rumored and what they had heard/read. Actually, there was a multi-page thread on Rafters at that time, and IIRC, less than half thought he was dirty.

When his name was first mentioned as a possibility to replace Billy G, I admit it gave me pause for a bit. I never believed he was clean, yet I never believed he was dirty. Again, I only knew what was rumored. When I actually delved a bit, he moved to the top of my want list. Couldn’t have been happier when he was hired.

I’m still immensely happy about it. :D

This is not a difficult concept to grasp. Proof below

1) Zion is a part of the Duke basketball program.
2) Zion was mentioned in the FBI investigation.
3) Duke was mentioned in the FBI investigation.
QED

I would expect pretty much any functioning adult to be able to apply basic logic.
No, "basic logic" is that when Zion's name comes up Duke fans are a little uncomfortable. Duke's being mentioned in the FBI investigation is either fact or "alternative fact." I believe the question you were asked was, "Where was Duke mentioned in the FBI report?"

Reactions: Quavarius
Well, we have been click bait for years for exaggerated nonsense people jump to conclusions over so you guys have fun with it. In your case, most still won't go over K like they did Roy.
We still have to deal w/ crap about Corey Maggette from 1999; y'all have nothing to teach us on this.

Funny thing is, I’ve seen rival fans make the blanket statement over, and over, and over again that UK fans thought Cal was dirty before he came to UK. Some did, sure. But I don’t think the vast majority did. I think most were like me - they only knew what was rumored and what they had heard/read. Actually, there was a multi-page thread on Rafters at that time, and IIRC, less than half thought he was dirty.

When his name was first mentioned as a possibility to replace Billy G, I admit it gave me pause for a bit. I never believed he was clean, yet I never believed he was dirty. Again, I only knew what was rumored. When I actually delved a bit, he moved to the top of my want list. Couldn’t have been happier when he was hired.

I’m still immensely happy about it. :D
I agree with this. When Cal was at Memphis all we knew about him was all the rumors. Same thing is happening now with rival fans, they only believe what they want to believe.
Cal is one of those guys that you love if he's your coach and hate if he isn't.
He's a totally different guy than I thought he was and everyone else is going to see that he has run a clean program at UK and if they bothered to learn the facts about the Camby and Rose situations, they would find out they were wrong about him. He tried to protect both players and it made him look like he was cheating. He wasn't and that's why he himself was never sanctioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: KYtotheCore
it is funny to hear so many people call UK cheaters and it’s coming out all this went on everywhere. Bunch of hypocrites

I’d hold those thoughts until all these trials are over. Anyone who thinks that ku is the only school that going to be brought out and embarrassed is wrong.

The underbelly of this likely goes much further than one blue blood program. I’ll just sit back and hope for the best regarding Duke. I think it be wise all other premier programs do the same. Just my opinion.

He’s essentially trying to say that since Adidas and ku were willing to offer him something illegal Duke must have since that’s where he committed. It’s pretty lazy and sloppy on his part, but expected.

There’s nothing to see here regarding Duke and Zion and the trial.
No. He is saying that Zion’s family had very particular demands that had to be met in order to sign with a school. He signed with Duke. Simple logic leads to a conclusion Duke met those demands.

No, "basic logic" is that when Zion's name comes up Duke fans are a little uncomfortable. Duke's being mentioned in the FBI investigation is either fact or "alternative fact." I believe the question you were asked was, "Where was Duke mentioned in the FBI report?"
A member of the Duke basketball team was mentioned, in what world is that not Duke being mentioned? No one has said Duke is guilty of anything yet, but they were 1000% mentioned. The level of mental gymnastics required to deny that is astounding.

Reactions: Todoubled23
A member of the Duke basketball team was mentioned, in what world is that not Duke being mentioned? No one has said Duke is guilty of anything yet, but they were 1000% mentioned. The level of mental gymnastics required to deny that is astounding.
A high school basketball player that eventually committed to Duke was mentioned. In what world is that Duke being mentioned? Talk about mental gymnastics, christ.

No. He is saying that Zion’s family had very particular demands that had to be met in order to sign with a school. He signed with Duke. Simple logic leads to a conclusion Duke met those demands.

Or simple logic says the ku/Adidas scandal broke up that entire scheme and they decided Duke was the best choice.

Or does simple logic only work when trying to put a negative spin on a particular school, so you can pretend “everyone does it”?

Even the blindest of ku homers know their staff is eyes deep in shit and they are praying other schools get outed too. That’s the simple logic here.

So are you saying KU will have to vacate their FF from last year?

I am on record, on these sites, as early as June saying Kansas would be lucky to keep their '18 Final Four if anything more (at that time) came out about DeSousa and his "handlers".
…. ouch.

@KisteK

You’ve been straight roasting fools as of late.
I love these guys. Easily the best place to jab with friendlies in the offseason.
If only the politics here weren't so asinine.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
I am on record, on these sites, as early as June saying Kansas would be lucky to keep their '18 Final Four if anything more (at that time) came out about DeSousa and his "handlers".
…. ouch.

Because unlike some you don’t let your fandom blind you to the realities of what can happen behind the scenes. It’s a billion dollar business. We don’t know 1/100th of what transpired behind the scenes at these schools.

I’d hold those thoughts until all these trials are over. Anyone who thinks that ku is the only school that going to be brought out and embarrassed is wrong.

The underbelly of this likely goes much further than one blue blood program. I’ll just sit back and hope for the best regarding Duke. I think it be wise all other premier programs do the same. Just my opinion.

Never said they were wrong lol.... just they are hypocrites ...

It's great that a lot of people take Calipari's word when he says that, but automatically assume coach K doesn't have the same standards. K is just like teflon. Shit gets thrown at him every day, but nothing sticks.
I never got the impression that K had any shade thrown his way. He always appears to be above that. It seems like there is an army of dudes trying to catch Cal at cheating. Pete Thamel trips over his tongue on a daily basis trying to dig up dirt on Cal. Dude comes off as pathetic.
I get it, Cal speaks his mind and gets under the skin of those that can't stand him, but the amount of people that are willing to put their reputations on the line to get Cal is alarming.
Who is out to get K?
My post above is how I truly feel. There is no reason for UK, Duke, UNC*** or KU to cheat. Those 4 schools can get almost any played they want, there's no reason to pay a kid.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I never got the impression that K had any shade thrown his way. He always appears to be above that. It seems like there is an army of dudes trying to catch Cal at cheating. Pete Thamel trips over his tongue on a daily basis trying to dig up dirt on Cal. Dude comes off as pathetic.
I get it, Cal speaks his mind and gets under the skin of those that can't stand him, but the amount of people that are willing to put their reputations on the line to get Cal is alarming.
Who is out to get K?
My post above is how I truly feel. There is no reason for UK, Duke, UNC*** or KU to cheat. Those 4 schools can get almost any played they want, there's no reason to pay a kid.
I am mainly speaking about internet K haters more than anybody important. Any time something comes out about a Duke player, the internet message board warriors get all excited. Which it is bound to happen more and more until the college basketball climate changes.

Reactions: kyjeff1
So show us where Duke was mentioned.

Are you fcking stupid or something? Zion Williamson IS Duke.
giphy.gif

A high school basketball player that eventually committed to Duke was mentioned. In what world is that Duke being mentioned? Talk about mental gymnastics, christ.
The word Duke is only spelled one way. Does eventually committed to Duke not mention Duke. How stupid can you be?

“Kansas’ head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to de Sousa’s handler”

“Coach Self and coach Townsend knew of and asked Adidas to make this payment to Fenny”

Yikes. That’s not good.

Reactions: TheDude1
You are arguing semantics like a 4 year old. Duke was mentioned whether it gets your panties in a bundle or not. If a member of your team is involved, your team is involved. Trying to be cute about it isn't going to change the facts of the situation.
I think the distinction I'm making is pretty important and it has to do w/ something you said that is just flat-out false. I've already acknowledged that Duke fans are not happy that Zion's name has been brought up, and concern that Duke may be dragged into it exists. The fact remains Duke was not mentioned in the FBI report, which is what you were initially asked.

Because unlike some you don’t let your fandom blind you to the realities of what can happen behind the scenes. It’s a billion dollar business. We don’t know 1/100th of what transpired behind the scenes at these schools.

But yet you’re ITT posting “Nothing to see here with Duke, Zion and the trial.”

C’mon man... no offense, but you have to take your own advice sometimes.

“Kansas’ head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to de Sousa’s handler”

“Coach Self and coach Townsend knew of and asked Adidas to make this payment to Fenny”

Yikes. That’s not good.
Closing arguments, right? I mean that wasn't proven at all during the trial. He's just trying to get something to stick, right?

I think the distinction I'm making is pretty important and it has to do w/ something you said that is just flat-out false. I've already acknowledged that Duke fans are not happy that Zion's name has been brought up, and concern that Duke may be dragged into it exists. The fact remains Duke was not mentioned in the FBI report, which is what you were initially asked.
A current Duke player being mentioned, means that Duke was mentioned. His eligibility is Duke's concern now. Not sure why are you are continuing to try and deflect something that is a matter of record, but hey if it makes you feel better go for it.

For the record, I don't think Duke paid him. If ANYONE paid him (which is certainly a possibility) it will (or at least should) have consequences for Duke this year. Most logical explanation is Zion saw this shit blowing up last year and decided to distance himself from the Adidas schools and settled in on attending Duke. But that remains to be proved.

Reactions: jeffreysh68
A current Duke player being mentioned, means that Duke was mentioned. His eligibility is Duke's concern now. Not sure why are you are continuing to try and deflect something that is a matter of record, but hey if it makes you feel better go for it.

For the record, I don't think Duke paid him. If ANYONE paid him (which is certainly a possibility) it will (or at least should) have consequences for Duke this year. Most logical explanation is Zion saw this shit blowing up last year and decided to distance himself from the Adidas schools and settled on Duke. But that remains to be proved.
What did they say about Duke?

Yep.... it was "Cal is ruining college basketball w/OAD's." When K started getting in on the OAD's it was "Coach K has adapted to college basketball landscape." (or something ridiculously apologetic like that)

Serious question, has any heard Cal ruining..... line outside of UK fans? Seriously never heard it other than UK fans crying about it. Like me guess 1 person wrote an article 7 years ago and all UK fans feel shady that anyone would talk bad about them.

For the record, I don't think Duke paid him. If ANYONE paid him (which is certainly a possibility) it will (or at least should) have consequences for Duke this year. Most logical explanation is Zion saw this shit blowing up last year and decided to distance himself from the Adidas schools and settled in on attending Duke. But that remains to be proved.
His eligibility is indeed Duke's concern now.
The fact remains they were not mentioned.

ADVERTISEMENT