ADVERTISEMENT

National player of the year tracking

ThePhog08

Gold Member
May 2, 2008
Not in any particular order.

What do yall think?

Oscar Tshiebwe 14 PPG 12.5 RPG ( minutes restriction so far)

Drew Timme 20.7 8 RPG

Jalen Wilson 24.5 PPG 9.3 RPG 4.3 APG

Armando Bacot 18 PPG 8 RPG

Marcus Sasser 16.8 PPG 3.8 RPG 3.8 APG

Trayce Jackson Davis 22 PPG 6.3 RPG 2.0 APG

Hunter Dickinson 19.5 PPG 7.8 RPG

Should anyone else be on this list to be tracked?

Eric Dixon (PF) - Villanova

This kid is damn good. Averaging like 20 pts and 6 rebounds a game. Really nice scorer and impressed me a lot last night.

Tshiebwe might have the best shot at it, but there will be good competition.

I wouldn't have guessed that Wilson would be in the conversation, but with the number of shots he's taking, he's going to have a good opportunity to put up huge numbers.

I remember when Hail dismissed Wilson as no loss for Michigan. Haha.

Last edited:
PlayerkPOY
Rating
Drew Timme, Gonzaga
6-10 · 235 · Sr · Richardson, TX
Jalen Wilson, Kansas
6-8 · 225 · Jr · Denton, TX
Zach Edey, Purdue
7-4 · 290 · Jr · Toronto, ON
Colin Castleton, Florida
6-11 · 250 · Sr · Deland, FL
Terrence Shannon, Illinois
6-6 · 215 · Sr · Chicago, IL
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
6-9 · 245 · Jr · Greenwood, IN
Kyle Filipowski, Duke
7-0 · 230 · Fr · Westtown, NY
Eric Dixon, Villanova
6-8 · 255 · Jr · Willow Grove, PA
Jalen Pickett, Penn St.
6-4 · 209 · Sr · Rochester, NY
Marcus Sasser, Houston

Adidas wouldn't pay him to go to Kansas? 😂

PlayerkPOY
Rating
1Drew Timme, Gonzaga
6-10 · 235 · Sr · Richardson, TX
2Jalen Wilson, Kansas
6-8 · 225 · Jr · Denton, TX
3Zach Edey, Purdue
7-4 · 290 · Jr · Toronto, ON
4Colin Castleton, Florida
6-11 · 250 · Sr · Deland, FL
5Terrence Shannon, Illinois
6-6 · 215 · Sr · Chicago, IL
6Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
6-9 · 245 · Jr · Greenwood, IN
7Kyle Filipowski, Duke
7-0 · 230 · Fr · Westtown, NY
8Eric Dixon, Villanova
6-8 · 255 · Jr · Willow Grove, PA
9Jalen Pickett, Penn St.
6-4 · 209 · Sr · Rochester, NY
10Marcus Sasser, Houston
Wished my #1 pick was higher than 6th.

Adidas wouldn't pay him to go to Kansas? 😂

KU misses on recruits constantly, even before the FBI probe. While certain Nike schools have their pick of the litter. What's that tell ya, champ?

KU misses on top targets as much or more than any top program. Guess you missed that part, champ.
Not going to stay on this but KU is a consistent recruiting program. At worst they are top 20 and end up with 5star recruits from who knows???

Not going to stay on this but KU is a consistent recruiting program. At worst they are top 20 and end up with 5star recruits from who knows???

Per Rivals, KU’s landed three 5 stars in the last 5 years. One of those was majorly overrated. Transferred after a year and most of the fanbase said good riddance.

A few of Self’s peers land several 5 stars and top transfers every single year.

Not in any particular order.

What do yall think?

Oscar Tshiebwe 14 PPG 12.5 RPG ( minutes restriction so far)

Drew Timme 20.7 8 RPG

Jalen Wilson 24.5 PPG 9.3 RPG 4.3 APG

Armando Bacot 18 PPG 8 RPG

Marcus Sasser 16.8 PPG 3.8 RPG 3.8 APG

Trayce Jackson Davis 22 PPG 6.3 RPG 2.0 APG

Hunter Dickinson 19.5 PPG 7.8 RPG

Should anyone else be on this list to be tracked?
I think everyone has played like 2 or 3 games and this is ridiculous to create a thread on at this point.

This might sound silly, but I’m not sure Oscar is going for it again. I think he’s focusing on what the NBA execs communicated as “needs work”.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I think everyone has played like 2 or 3 games and this is ridiculous to create a thread on at this point.
You know it says tracking. You're not quite a full fledged basketball fan yet lol. You don't get it. Guys take their own time to put these stats together and I appreciate it!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You know it says tracking. You're not quite a full fledged basketball fan yet lol. You don't get it. Guys take their own time to put these stats together and I appreciate it!
Maybe I get it, but just reject it. I wouldn’t have responded if he hadn’t asked.

Maybe I get it, but just reject it. I wouldn’t have responded if he hadn’t asked.
I reject you

But seriously. Tracking contenders and adding new ones as the season goes along. We are 10% of the way into the season 4 games in.

I reject you

But seriously. Tracking contenders and adding new ones as the season goes along. We are 10% of the way into the season 4 games in.
You be you Phog. I just answered the question because you poised it.

• Wow
Reactions: ThePhog08
But you responded to thread. We're just telling you, your take is not important to us die hard bball fans. Maybe one day, but not now.
I responded because he asked for a response. I like Phog, I'm not going to leaving him hanging in his hour of need. You UK fans need to settle down. Cal told you that y'all weren't ready, which implies you'll be ready when you need to be. If he fails in March then you have a reason to get the tar and feathers out.

Brandon Miller and Kris Murray have been playing like 1st Team All-Americans in their first few games. Bama and Iowa would both need to be Top-10 teams for either guy to be a serious NPOY candidate, though.

Reactions: ThePhog08

I should have taken him with my 1st Round Pick. His efficiency is off the charts. Only a couple games in, but he's averaging about 29 minutes a game. Sheesh. Wasn't expecting that.

Crazy thing is, he's still going to have a battle just for Big Ten POY. Kris Murray, Terrence Shannon, TJD, and Hunter Dickinson are all playing like All-Americans. He is a legit NPOY candidate, though.

The big 10 is so unpredictable right now. If purdue finishes as a top 25 team and Edey has those numbers, he should win it

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I should have taken him with my 1st Round Pick. His efficiency is off the charts. Only a couple games in, but he's averaging about 29 minutes a game. Sheesh. Wasn't expecting that.

Crazy thing is, he's still going to have a battle just for Big Ten POY. Kris Murray, Terrence Shannon, TJD, and Hunter Dickinson are all playing like All-Americans. He is a legit NPOY candidate, though.
Yeah, the B1G is loaded with individual players again. Crazy how we've not done well in recruiting as a conference but are looking at a 2nd year in a row with multiple legit NPOY candidates.

Yeah, the B1G is loaded with individual players again. Crazy how we've not done well in recruiting as a conference but are looking at a 2nd year in a row with multiple legit NPOY candidates.
Get old and stay old

Reactions: englandnu
I responded because he asked for a response. I like Phog, I'm not going to leaving him hanging in his hour of need. You UK fans need to settle down. Cal told you that y'all weren't ready, which implies you'll be ready when you need to be. If he fails in March then you have a reason to get the tar and feathers out.
We're a little touchy based on the past few years. :) Spoiled bunch. Your guys are on a roll. Good luck against the jaybirds today!

Looking forward to Edey vs Timme tonight. Don't think they will defend each other a lot (not sure either guy can contain the other), but it should be a lot of fun to watch the contrasting styles go at it.

ADVERTISEMENT