ADVERTISEMENT

Your 2023-2024 NCAA champions

My fault. Not sure how I left Roach out. Still....championship teams usually have a ton of experience throughout the rotation. As for Ryan Young...is he even going to play more than a few minutes? If they're playing Filipowski at the 5, there can't be many minutes left over. And if he does end up playing a lot, that's probably not a good thing. He's not going to make a major contribution to a title run.
I would expect him to backup Flip at the 5 playing 10-15 minutes a game so he's basically a reserve big. He's a grad transfer so having a smaller role isn't something that's going to bother him as that's basically what happened at the end of last year when Lively came on strong and becoming our fulltime starter.

He might play more if Flip gets into foul trouble and our freshman recruit Sean Stewart isn't physically ready to handle the position or our developmental big Reeves can't contribute still in Year 2.

I agree that its not a good thing if he ends up playing a lot, he's a good hustle guy who rebounds well and has good touch around the rim but his defense is pretty bad, especially defending the pick and roll.

The reason Duke never returns their top scorers is because they usually have more dominant players at the top.
Agreed, which I'm fine with if the freshmen are guys like Bagley, Paolo and Zion who are monsters as freshmen. Where you get into trouble is when you have 5 stars who aren't that productive as freshmen but bolt for the draft anyway preferring to take their chances of being late 1st rounders, 2nd rounders or being undrafted over returning to school.

I actually think NIL is going to really benefit the blue bloods like Duke and KU since we should be able to "re-recruit" our 5 star freshmen to return to campus for Year 2.

It looks like Scheyer is going to keep going after those superstar One and Dones but then also recruit 5 stars who will likely stay multiple years and if they're on the fence, Duke can throw the NIL bag at them to get them to stick around. This is key to having continuity and the experience on the roster to truly be title contenders.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I wasn't talking about rankings. Just look at the list.
Harris, KJ Adams, Braun, Dick and Wilson are the only players from the last 4 classes that accomplished ANYthing at KU.

😂

So why is KU #1 right now according to CBS Sports, Torvik, Goodman, Lunardi, and others? Explain this phenomenon.

Even IF KU had less talent than Duke, what would make you think that Scheyer is in Self's league? Do you think that coaching doesn't matter?

Are you serious? Really weak year? There should be several loaded teams.
UNC was in the top 10 pre season last year. Rankings should not even be considered until after 1/1/24. They are meaningless

UNC was in the top 10 pre season last year. Rankings should not even be considered until after 1/1/24. They are meaningless

The point was that it's ridiculous to call this an untalented team.

Preseason polls don't mean much, but they do mean that the people who are paid for their opinions on this stuff disagree with nish. They're #1 in practically every poll.

North Carolina returned almost everyone from a team that reached the title game. Of course they were going to start the year ranked highly.

Your 2023-2024 NCAA champions Kansas Jayhawks non con schedule

Nov 6th vs UNC-Central

Nov 10th vs Mahattan College

Nov 14 Champs Classic VS Kentucky

Nov 20-22 Maui Class (Tennessee, Gonzaga, UCLA, Purdue, UCLA, Marquette, Syracuse, Chaminade)

Nov 28 Eastern Illinois

Dec 1 VS UConn allen fieldhouse

Dec 5 VS Wichita State at Tmobile center in KC

Dec 9th VS Mizzou Allen Fieldhouse

Dec 16th VS @ Indiana assembly hall

Dec 22nd vs Yale

Reactions: KisteK

Nov 6th vs UNC-Central

Nov 20-22 Maui Class (Tennessee, Gonzaga, UCLA, Purdue, UCLA, Marquette, Syracuse, Chaminade)

Nov 28 Eastern Illinois

Dec 22nd vs Yale

Having three tune-ups before Maui is nice.

So it's looking like

Flip
Mitchell
Proctor
McCain
Roach?
Proctor, Roach, Mitchell and Flip are almost definitely starters and the 5th guy will depend on which freshman stands out between McCain, Power and Foster.

Nov 6th vs UNC-Central

Nov 28 Eastern Illinois

Dec 22nd vs Yale
It is The Assembly Hall and is capitalized.

You are going to visit the Sistine Chapel of Basketball

Be respectful of where you are.

Like, not even their own fanbois care enough to champion that it's Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall 🤣🤣🤣😭🥳

B1G fans so simple, just add THE and demand respect 😭😭😭🤣🤣

It is where he stores the box the NCAA trophy came in so he can return it once the FBI is finished.

no_words_homer_into_brush.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT