ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Cuban Asks Calipari to Renew Kentucky/Indiana Series

kqbHC.gif
tenor.gif

Ok....I mean, is this breaking news, or something? Let'me ask ya this---Who do you think was seen as CBB greatest program when UCLA was winning 7 straight title----going to 10 straight FF's?

Even with 11 titles, are they seen as CBB best?

Nope.

But at one time they were....

Kentucky 's CBB best, overall program...No argument. BUT.....they haven't been the past 30. Thats just a fact. Not an opinion. A fact. Unless you know of another program that's won more than Duke....If so, I'd be happy to hear it.

Would IU fans want to renew the series if it were at a neutral site?

Would IU fans want to renew the series if it were at a neutral site?
I cannot answer for everyone...For me, I don't give a ****. I doubt most IU fans care. Look, it wasn't IU fans screaming for home/home---It was the AD and the then HC. Of course fans are going to support their coach----Right? So, well, they supported his thought.

Again, I bet you could poll 100 IU fans, and I bet 95% wouldn't care where the game was played. I've seen both ends---twice. When they games were home and home---then Indy and Lousiville---briefly back to home and home. I loved the games at Freedom Hall. I enjoyed the games at IU, and UK.

Play the game-----Great. Don't play it---Fine. But do one or the other.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Ok....I mean, is this breaking news, or something? Let'me ask ya this---Who do you think was seen as CBB greatest program when UCLA was winning 7 straight title----going to 10 straight FF's?

Even with 11 titles, are they seen as CBB best?

Nope.

But at one time they were....

Kentucky 's CBB best, overall program...No argument. BUT.....they haven't been the past 30. Thats just a fact. Not an opinion. A fact. Unless you know of another program that's won more than Duke....If so, I'd be happy to hear it.

Good points Borden but again you moved the goal posts. 30 years would be 1990. Duke has 5 titles. Okay.

So go root for Duke.

I will root for UVA. They won the last one. :)

Damn shame that the so-called “GOAT” of college basketball won’t do a home & home with a team that hasn’t won a title since 1987.

Damn shame that the so-called “GOAT” of college basketball won’t do a home & home with a team that hasn’t won a title since 1987.

Speaking of goats did you hear what MJ said about racism in North Carolina? I bet that broke your heart!

I’m DVRing them. I’ll watch them all together at a later date.

Ok just make sure you get back to me on that. For years I thought it was just Rupp and Kentucky that had racism problems. Who would’ve guessed that it was happening in North Carolina too!Laughing

Ok just make sure you get back to me on that. For years I thought it was just Rupp and Kentucky that had racism problems. Who would’ve guessed that it was happening in North Carolina too!Laughing
In one of Jordan’s books. He said he was racist against white people during his teenage... if I remember correctly, a white girl threw a soda at him & called him the N word.
Racism is in every state in the country then & now.
It’s just that most people don’t name a huge 23,000 seat arena after a known racist.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Good points Borden but again you moved the goal posts. 30 years would be 1990. Duke has 5 titles. Okay.

So go root for Duke.

I will root for UVA. They won the last one. :)
It has zero to do with who I root for. Who someone roots for is irrelevant to facts. I dislike Duke as much as you do---Well, no, I don't. But still. It is what is. Since the "modern era" its hard to argue against Duke.

Yeah, ummm b/c HS basketball and D1 CBB are apples to apples...Laughing

The speed,....The maturity....the physicality....the intensity.....Athletic ability, etc, etc...Its very comparable.In HS, you might 6 or 7 games where you have to officiate above the rim. At the college level,its every game. Rules are different...Courts are different...Coaches are different.

But sure,you did HS ball for a while...So of course you know what its like to work a CBB game...

Ok i gotta pipe in... Doesn't excuse officials who make calls that are clearly out of position and can't see what actually took place in lieu of what they think happened. My biggest official pet peeve. Occurs all across college basketball.

Ok i gotta pipe in... Doesn't excuse officials who make calls that are clearly out of position and can't see what actually took place in lieu of what they think happened. My biggest official pet peeve. Occurs all across college basketball.
Just curious----How do you know they are out of position? Not saying it doesn't happen---It does. Sometimes the game/play dictates you having to do so. But just curious....How do you know? Or any for that matter...

Just curious----How do you know they are out of position? Not saying it doesn't happen---It does. Sometimes the game/play dictates you having to do so. But just curious....How do you know? Or any for that matter...

I mean it’s not real hard to see. I think refs have a really hard job and I don’t think I could do it but if you know anything at all about basketball it’s not hard to see.

In one of Jordan’s books. He said he was racist against white people during his teenage... if I remember correctly, a white girl threw a soda at him & called him the N word.
It’s just that most people don’t name a huge 23,000 seat arena after a known racist.

Well UNc names an arena and a Court after two guys known for cheating so there’s that!

Reactions: Random UK Fan

So what you’re saying is that Jordan was a racist! Gotcha!

Well Jordan admitted he was a raciest we didn’t need the NCAA to prove that! Thanks for the info!!!
What is your point with the Jordan & race? Do you not think some black people can also be racist?
At least Jordan was man about it & admitted how he felt as a youth.

"We can talk about the NCAA and use them as a source of innocence as long as its in our favor"

Something like that
Oh so you’re asking if I think the title UL had stripped counts?
Stop beating around the bush & ask me.
No, it doesn’t count.

Oh so you’re asking if I think the title UL had stripped counts?
Stop beating around the bush & ask me.
No, it doesn’t count.
Why was that so hard to answer in the first place? I didn't beat around the bush. It was a simple question. Appreciate your consistency, though.

Why was that so hard to answer in the first place? I didn't beat around the bush. It was a simple question. Appreciate your consistency, though.
Because off the top of my head I honestly have no clue how many titles they have without looking it up.

If someone is racist against whites, what the hell does being married to someone Cuban matter?
It does not matter one little bit.

In today's politically correct world all you have to do is call someone racist. Facts are totally ignored. Just call them racist. What gets me is that Cuban's are not a race. Mexican's are not a race.

It is completely stupid, but the lazy dudes and duddettes do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT