ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung is a freak of nature

rivals_post_zps3f9roh6e.jpg

Apparently my content was inappropriate... was it the JV Comment? I sure do know how to hurl some vicious insults.

Apparently my content was inappropriate... was it the JV Comment? I sure do know how to hurl some vicious insults.
Evidently you forgot the Arby's classic in Bristol,Tn in December where Gate City beat Fern Creek of Louisville, Ky. a top five ranked school in Kentucky with more than three times the number of students. McClung had 45 points in that game. They also beat three other out of state larger schools. They lost to the eventual champion, North Meckenleburg, a top 5 ranked school in North Carolina led by Vernon Maxwells son and with more than four times the enrollment of Gate City. McClung had 26 points in that game and Gate City was within 6 points in the fourth quarter prior to having to foul late in the game. You might want to get your facts straight before you make such stupid comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mgkcbb
That's a rock solid argument. Do you think his family moved near/next to you solely for the competitive edge that being your neighbor provides?
That's a rock solid argument. Do you think his family moved near/next to you solely for the competitive edge that being your neighbor provides?
You make an excellent point. Thanks for your input. Especially coming from a fan of the dirtiest school in NCAA history. One that has not won a NCAA title in decades.

Reactions: RipThru

I have the same issue with posts not going through because they are being flagged as spam or inappropriate. Like you, none of the posts in question contain bad language or spam.

So far no help from the site on this issue.

You make an excellent point. Thanks for your input. Especially coming from a fan of the dirtiest school in NCAA history. One that has not won a NCAA title in decades.

Yes, you've done a solid job of convincing us all that your neighbor is very talented. See my comments in other thread about eagerly awaiting your deflection. Laughing

Dance monkey, dance.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Yes, you've done a solid job of convincing us all that your neighbor is very talented. See my comments in other thread about eagerly awaiting your deflection. Laughing

Dance monkey, dance.
I don't need to convince you of anything. How much basketball did you play? It is nice how you continue to deflect from your loyalty to the cesspool of a school that has provided prostitutes to underage recruits for 4 years.

I don't need to convince you of anything. How much basketball did you play? It is nice how you continue to deflect from your loyalty to the cesspool of a school that has provided prostitutes to underage recruits for 4 years.

How am deflecting for my loyalty? I have a "Louisville First" signature. Don't try to use the words I use; you don't understand what they mean or how to deploy them.

How am deflecting for my loyalty? I have a "Louisville First" signature. Don't try to use the words I use; you don't understand what they mean or how to deploy them.
I know that you are a fan of a school that employed Pitino (many scandals), and currently employs Petrino with a similar background to Pitino and a school with a foundation that has been proven to be corrupt while being penalized by the NCAA for corruption.

I know that you are a fan of a school that employed Pitino (many scandals), and currently employs Petrino with a similar background to Pitino and a school with a foundation that has been proven to be corrupt while being penalized by the NCAA for corruption.

Uh yeah....was my Louisville sig a giveaway? Geezus Kriest, nothing gets past you. McClung is very lucky to have such an amazing intellectual as a neighbor and ambassador. jumpingsmile

Evidently you forgot the Arby's classic in Bristol,Tn in December where Gate City beat Fern Creek of Louisville, Ky. a top five ranked school in Kentucky with more than three times the number of students. McClung had 45 points in that game. They also beat three other out of state larger schools. They lost to the eventual champion, North Meckenleburg, a top 5 ranked school in North Carolina led by Vernon Maxwells son and with more than four times the enrollment of Gate City. McClung had 26 points in that game and Gate City was within 6 points in the fourth quarter prior to having to foul late in the game. You might want to get your facts straight before you make such stupid comments.
A top 5 Kentucky school? Oh damn

A top 5 Kentucky school? Oh damn
What about the top 5 school in Charlotte, North Carolina. Or is that a Junior Varsity also. I didn't know Wojo was rising. I thought Marquette was falling since he had been coach. I hope he gets the Duke job after K retires.

Last edited:
What about the top 5 school in Charlotte, North Carolina. Or is that a Junior Varsity also. I didn't know Wojo was rising. I thought Marquette was falling since he had been coach. I hope he gets the Duke job after K retires.

You mean the school that defeated Gate City by 16 points? Good one. Also, did you forget the part where he went 9 for 23 from the floor with 6 turnovers?

Last edited:
He’s not rising? He just lost to a top 2 university in Ohio. Good enough for you?

You mean the school that defeated Gate City by 16 points? Good one. Also, did you forget the part where he went 9 for 23 from the floor with 6 turnovers?
But you said he could not compete with JV teams. Have you forgot that statement?

But you said he could not compete with JV teams. Have you forgot that statement?

That's not even remotely close to what I said. "But it's hard to gauge how good he is when he's playing against schools that couldn't compete with most JV teams."

I'm not bashing the kid, I'm simply saying his HS team plays poor competition on a regular basis. I can't tell how good he is simply because the quality of defense is egregiously bad. He might be a superstar in college, but he also might be Seventh Woods. Hard to tell at this point... I just looked on maxpreps, and here is the margin of victory against all the teams Gate City has played from Virginia (I assume most, if not all, are really small schools):

Reactions: sgrooms and KisteK
MAC City is going to dumptruck teams next year as the haters salt level continues registering levels never previously seen.

That's not even remotely close to what I said. "But it's hard to gauge how good he is when he's playing against schools that couldn't compete with most JV teams."

I'm not bashing the kid, I'm simply saying his HS team plays poor competition on a regular basis. I can't tell how good he is simply because the quality of defense is egregiously bad. He might be a superstar in college, but he also might be Seventh Woods. Hard to tell at this point... I just looked on maxpreps, and here is the margin of victory against all the teams Gate City has played from Virginia (I assume most, if not all, are really small schools):

Here is exactly what you said: "I've never seen so much hype for a 3 star recruit. He's fun to watch, no doubt but its hard to gauge how good he is when he's playing against schools that couldn't compete with most JV teams".
That implies that he is only playing against inferior competition. The Arby classic and his summer play with a Virginia AAU team defies that logic. You can bash the kid all you want but at least tell the truth.

Last edited:
1. McClung is a nice-looking player. I just cannot properly assess how good he is, given the poor competition. That is not bashing. It's nothing against him, small schools are obviously at a disadvantage when they have to play other small schools. Plenty of guys from lower division schools have excelled in college, but it's more the exception than the norm. I hope he excels. He plays with a chip on his shoulders and I like that.

2. He's a D-1 recruit, no doubt. I mentioned that he might be a superstar in college. But again, given the lack of competition (39 point average margin of victory against the small schools in Virginia), how can anyone definitively evaluate him?

3. He went 9 for 23 from the floor with 6 turnovers against North Meck... His team is actually really nice. It's unfortunate they can't get better competition on a regular basis. Props to Gate City because it's almost unheard of for a small school to have two D-1 prospects on the same team.

4. Yes, he did play in the AAU Circuit. But he didn't exactly wow anyone. He came off the bench averaging 6 ppg, 2.4 ast, 1.9 TOs, 1.9 reb, 38.1 FG%, 35.3 3pt%. The shooting percentages and turnover rate are the most concerning (2 turnovers in 12 minutes a game). But it's a relatively low small sample size, so who knows? McClung is an athlete and I think he'll be fine.

Last edited:
1. McClung is a nice-looking player. I just cannot properly assess how good he is, given the poor competition. That is not bashing. It's nothing against him, small schools are obviously at a disadvantage when they have to play other small schools. Plenty of guys from lower division schools have excelled in college, but it's more the exception than the norm. I hope he excels. He plays with a chip on his shoulders and I like that.

2. He's a D-1 recruit, no doubt. I mentioned that he might be a superstar in college. But again, given the lack of competition (39 point average margin of victory against the small schools in Virginia), how can anyone definitively evaluate him?

3. He went 9 for 23 from the floor with 6 turnovers against North Meck... His team is actually really nice. It's unfortunate they can't get better competition on a regular basis. Props to Gate City because it's almost unheard of for a small school to have two D-1 prospects on the same team.

4. Yes, he did play in the AAU Circuit. But he didn't exactly wow anyone. He came off the bench averaging 6 ppg, 2.4 ast, 1.9 TOs, 1.9 reb, 38.1 FG%, 35.3 3pt%. The shooting percentages and turnover rate are the most concerning (2 turnovers in 12 minutes a game). But it's a relatively low small sample size, so who knows? McClung is an athlete and I think he'll be fine.
Against Fern Creek from Louisville, Ky which has 4 times the enrollment of Gate City McClung had 44 points. He hit 7 threes and hit 14 of 22 shots while getting 8 rebounds and making 4 turnovers. In most games McClung is double teamed and at times has to play against a box and one. Yes he went 9 for 23 against North Mech but he was double teamed most of that game.

Last edited:
Mac McClung is not my neighbor but I got him as an All American lock by the end of his junior year.

Yawn..he's no rex Chapman. He got some pub bc it's a white kid who can dunk.

He'll end up being one of those kids thats in the college dunk contest as a senior that goes on while the ncaa tournament is happening, where He'll be facing kids from Valdosta state and northwest Michigan State tech

ADVERTISEMENT