ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung is a freak of nature

Fern Creek, which is probably more of a top 10 school, than top 5. You're from the Cincinnati area, right? You'd probably know more about this school than I would.

I think Mac will see meaningful minutes from day 1. If he can tighten his handle, play decent defense, and be a reliable 3-point shooter, he has a chance to play 20+ minutes by the end of the season.
Yeah I made my comment more as a joke. Fern Creek is usually a very talented, very athletic group of kids. They are also consistently a top 20 team in the state (top 5 only some years.) But High School basketball in the state of KY is pretty weak. Louisville and Lexington produce basically all the good teams/athletes.

On a good year, the state may have 10 D1 players max, and usually 90% of those D1 commits are to mid-majors.

Last edited:
Yeah I made my comment more as a joke. Fern Creek is usually a very talented, very athletic group of kids. They are also consistently a top 20 team in the state (top 5 only some years.) But High School basketball in the state of KY is pretty weak. Louisville and Lexington produce basically all the good teams/athletes.

On a good year, the state may have 10 D1 players max, and usually 90% of those D1 commits are to mid-majors.
So. Just another way to put down McClung. His team did win the Va state championship with him scoring 47 points in the championship game and breaking JJ Redicks championship game scoring record. That was against a very good basketball team. not a JV team.

Reactions: KisteK
Nice try. I've had this username since 2002.

You seem to know a lot about Mac, and you referenced the JV comment - so naturally I assume you're @lkc1234 ...and well, there's the fact that you've had this account less than a month, as well. Not a big deal, really. Just curious.
I just made that connection in another thread. Weird that earlier in this thread kl40504 said "LKC1234 thinks he will start or play a lot this year." Reminds of the this time on the mainboard where a guy started a thread and asked for another poster's advice. The OP and tagged poster talked to each other for like 12 replies and then later it determined that both posters had the same IP address, therefore they were the same person. Lol

I just made that connection in another thread. Weird that earlier in this thread kl40504 said "LKC1234 thinks he will start or play a lot this year." Reminds of the this time on the mainboard where a guy started a thread and asked for another poster's advice. The OP and tagged poster talked to each other for like 12 replies and then later it determined that both posters had the same IP address, therefore they were the same person. Lol
Really. You are so smart.

Reactions: Todoubled23

lol a perfect combination of sad and hilarious.

Four minutes into watching him play an average (at best) Illini team, and he doesn’t belong on the same floor. His defense is atrocious.

Only four minutes though.

Reactions: WDE_Tarp
Four minutes into watching him play an average (at best) Illini team, and he doesn’t belong on the same floor. His defense is atrocious.

Only four minutes though.
Past two offensive moves I've seen---He certainly belongs.

Did minimal research, buuuut..... On the year he’s 0-9 from 3 and 33% from the field with 5 assists to 5 turnovers, and 3 whole rebounds. He does nothing to make his teammates better. And, he sucks on defense. All this against the likes of MD Eastern Shore, Central Connecticut, and now Illinois. He belongs. RollLaugh

So you don’t care about defense? He’s highlights and not much else.
So you don't care about offense? He's not the first freshman that's struggled defensively. Offensively, he certainly belongs.

So you don't care about offense? He's not the first freshman that's struggled defensively. Offensively, he certainly belongs.
Can’t shoot. Can jump out of gym. He’s just way more hype than substance.

Can’t shoot. Can jump out of gym. He’s just way more hype than substance.
I can agree. But he's an elite athlete. Can get to the rim. Just a frosh. I still don't thiunk he's what MCBOOB on here thinks he is. But he is better than what I thought.

He looks a bit fat.

giphy.gif

I can agree. But he's an elite athlete. Can get to the rim. Just a frosh. I still don't thiunk he's what MCBOOB on here thinks he is. But he is better than what I thought.
He could be a legit junior/senior. But, that other freshman PG of theres is already better.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
He could be a legit junior/senior. But, that other freshman PG of theres is already better.

Akinjo is a player. Dosunmu for Illinois as well. Both better than McClung. He'll be a solid D1 players when it's all said and done.

Looks rock solid as a freshman to me. That dude will be electric if he is a 4 yr guy.

Reactions: kl40504
I really don't get the Mac hype. Is it because he's a white boy that can jump? Take race out of the equation, there are A TON of college basketball players that can do exactly what Mac does, and better.

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT