ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron Declares Himself GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t forget big mean Greg Ostertag was waiting at the rim two years in a row in the Finals. Unbelievable MJ survived, let alone won. Lol
Wow...I expected better from you. I mean way to use Ostertag. Zyet overlook how Lambier and the Pistons beat him to death on his way to the Finals. Or Ewing, Mason and the Knicks.

One of the most dominant power forwards in the 80s...

5984b731ef8819aa75d4640c11197772.jpg

yes, LeBron would put up absurd numbers in that era.
Ok. Never said he wouldn't. And you talk abut me not giving LBJ his due...Show me where you ahve given MJ his.

Wow...I expected better from you. I mean way to use Ostertag. Zyet overlook how Lambier and the Pistons beat him to death on his way to the Finals. Or Ewing, Mason and the Knicks.
Guess what MJ didn’t do when all those greats were in their primes? Win it all. Too easy man.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Where have I done this....? I've responded. Am I supposed to support LBJ, when defending MJ?

Throughout the entire thread. Yes, if you were objective, you would support LBJ and MJ when comparing the two. You are biased, though, so you don't.

and even if what you say is true you gonna say MJ didn't get preferential, star treatment? he benefitted from it as much as he didn't.
Sure he did. Name me a player of MJ's status who didn't benefit from preferential treatment.

d
Don’t forget big mean Greg Ostertag was waiting at the rim two years in a row in the Finals. Unbelievable MJ survived, let alone won. Lol

hard to imagine but LeBron is bigger than karl malone. the big guys of that era just are not even in the same straosphere. KD would be the best to ever pick up a basketball if he played in the 80s.

Reactions: 829305
d

hard to imagine but LeBron is bigger than karl malone. the big guys of that era just are not even in the same straosphere. KD would be the best to ever pick up a basketball if he played in the 80s.
See I am using multiple examples...You guys are using ONE. And Karl Malone was a very physical player. Dirty to some. Just ask Isiah THmas, and his forehead.

Or dudes like Lambier and Rick Mahorn.

Sure he did. Name me a player of MJ's status who didn't benefit from preferential treatment.

so it all equals out in the end.

a person making a logical argument would actually put the physicality and size of LeBron as a plus mark for playing in the 80s/90s. the man is a physical beast of any era. how are you trying to use this against him? have you been watching too much espn?

Throughout the entire thread. Yes, if you were objective, you would support LBJ and MJ when comparing the two. You are biased, though, so you don't.
SO, when defending Jordan, I am supposed to support LBJ?

Got it.

I've already said multiple times that LBJ is easily a TOp 5 player. I mean, I dunno what else you want me say.

so it all equals out in the end.

a person making a logical argument would actually put the physicality and size of LeBron as a plus mark for playing in the 80s/90s. the man is a physical beast of any era. how are you trying to use this against him? have you been watching too much espn?
I have no doubt LBJ would have had zero issue competing in the 80's or 90's. or any era for that matter. One thing for sure, he's as an impressive physical specimen to ever play the game. I never argued otherwise.

SO, when defending Jordan, I am supposed to support LBJ?

Got it.

I've already said multiple times that LBJ is easily a TOp 5 player. I mean, I dunno what else you want me say.

If you were unbiased when comparing Jordan and LeBron you would support both of them.

Tough to say who’s better at this point. But, Bron’s career isn’t close to over barring injury. Just don’t like when people act like it’s not even debatable. That usually makes me think someone is pretty close-minded, or blinded by their adolescence, akin to thinking music from your era is the best.

Do you think LeBron would dominate that era or not? You said "I never said he wouldn't" but then you revert back to implying he wouldn't.
I didn't say he would or would not. I simply refuted the NBA of the 80's/90's wasn't an athletic misfit.

I think players like LBJ would be dominant in any era.

If you were unbiased when comparing Jordan and LeBron you would support both of them.
Now you are trolling, dude. I have supported LBJ. If flks like you weren't so adamant on defending LBJ, and showing some non bias of your own--I wouldn't spend 99% of my post, defending MJ.

It works both ways. I have said---AGAIN, that LBJ is easily Top 5. Top 3...Maybe Top 2. He's a generational type of talent. I just don't think he's better than Jordan.

Again, outside of calling LBJ better, what is it you want me to say?

I didn't say he would or would not. I simply refuted the NBA of the 80's/90's wasn't an athletic misfit.

I think players like LBJ would be dominant in any era.

The NBA is undeniably more "physically dominant" than the 80s. Your average NBA starters would be some of the most athletic players in the league in the 80s. The fact that LBJ is physically dominant over a league full of physically dominant players is incredible. You take LBJ and put him in the league 30 years ago and it wouldn't be fair.

Now you are trolling, dude. I have supported LBJ. If flks like you weren't so adamant on defending LBJ, and showing some non bias of your own--I wouldn't spend 99% of my post, defending MJ.

It works both ways. I have said---AGAIN, that LBJ is easily Top 5. Top 3...Maybe Top 2. He's a generational type of talent. I just don't think he's better than Jordan.

Again, outside of calling LBJ better, what is it you want me to say?

You don't support LBJ when you compare him to MJ.

Tough to say who’s better at this point. But, Bron’s career isn’t close to over barring injury. Just don’t like when people act like it’s not even debatable. That usually makes me think someone is pretty close-minded, or blinded by their adolescence, akin to thinking music from your era is the best.
You could've quoted me with this...I wouldn't have gotten mad.

I don't think its beyond debate. Obviously, LBJ isn't done. So that alone makes it debatable. But as of now, I don't think it is. THat could change.

Reactions: 829305
The NBA is undeniably more "physically dominant" than the 80s. Your average NBA starters would be some of the most athletic players in the league in the 80s. The fact that LBJ is physically dominant over a league full of physically dominant players is incredible. You take LBJ and put him in the league 30 years ago and it wouldn't be fair.
Where did I say otherwise? MOF, I said a player of LBJ would be dominant of any era. When I made the comment of how guys would guard MJ, it wasn't in reference to LBJ not being able to compete(in that era). It was in reference to how the game is played. It was a physical game. That doesn't mean the players were stronger, biigger, etc, etc...It means the game was played differently. It was. Remember the Jordan Rules? The Pistons all but admitted their strategy was to beat MJ to death.

Where did I say that? I believe I said "LeBron is arguably the most versatile player in the history of any one sport."
Just making sure. MJ played a bunch of point guard early on in his career and was dropping triple doubles while doing it. LBJ is remarkably versatile.

In other words, I'm not appeasing the LBJ supporters? Where have you supported MJ, when comapring him to LBJ?

In what way would you like me to support LBJ, when comparing him to Jordan? Help me out here, son. Just trying to appease your generation.

That's called not agreeing.....I mean, that's kinda of how a debate works. If I tell you peanut butter isn't good for you, Im not to give examples of why it is.

Just making sure. MJ played a bunch of point guard early on in his career and was dropping triple doubles while doing it. LBJ is remarkably versatile.

Weird debate strategy. Pretend I said something that I didn't say? Maybe I'll try that next time.

MJ fan: "Jordan is the best scorer of all time?"
Me: "So you are saying LeBron couldn't score????"

:rolleyes:

Oh, and not sure you want to get into comparing triple doubles. LeBron will probably finish with more career playoff triple doubles than Jordan had total triple doubles.

In other words, I'm not appeasing the LBJ supporters? Where have you supported MJ, when comapring him to LBJ?

In what way would you like me to support LBJ, when comparing him to Jordan? Help me out here, son. Just trying to appease your generation.

I don't support MJ when comparing him to LBJ because I'm biased towards LBJ. It's okay to admit bias. You are clearly biased towards MJ

i always like these convos. started out nice and what not. everybody on the same page.

however, has devolved into everybody drawing a line in the sand and not giving even one inch. goes to show that the two at question really deserve to be spoken of in the same breath. if you are a LBJ supporter that is a win in of itself seeing how that was like basketball sacrilegious talk even 5 years ago.

Perhaps. The rest isn't a stretch at all. All the hit-dogs-yelping confirms that for me.
Let me ask you this, you beleive it is not a tretch for Larry Bird to tell "your mama" jokes while playing a game and that is just like Le
to me that's overrated BS talk. desire to win, competitive nature...yada, yada, yada. all of the all time greats have a similar drive. it's splitting hairs.

if you put MJ on any of the teams LBJ has had to face the current Warriors and the results are the same. maybe even worse. the fact that lberon beat the 73 win warrior team with cleveland is a testament on overcoming stacked odds. if that's not a desire to win, then what is!?
You severely underestimate Michael Jordan.

You could've quoted me with this...I wouldn't have gotten mad.

I don't think its beyond debate. Obviously, LBJ isn't done. So that alone makes it debatable. But as of now, I don't think it is. THat could change.
Wasn’t singling you out though, cause you aren’t alone. I have this debate often with my closest friends (Illinoisans), and they’re just as wrong as you are. ;)

Let me ask you this, you beleive it is not a tretch for Larry Bird to tell "your mama" jokes while playing a game and that is just like Le

You severely underestimate Michael Jordan.

underestimate??? you mean misremember? you can underestimate james. he's still playing. you can be choosy on how you want to remember michael jordan and, in the case of most of this board, how others make them see because they weren't old enough to remember themselves.

in any case, i don't severely underestimate anybody. jordan was my favorite player in his prime and to this day. i've got thousands of dollars worth of his shoes in my wardrobe. i've got size 8 jordan 10 originals, all junked up and trashed, but still hang onto them because they remind me of days gone by. i don't think i underestimate him at all. i think i've just grown up a bit.

Everyone talks about all this great defense, but I think I looked at scoring averages one time and apparently the offense must have been a lot better then also, because scoring was comparable if not higher then. And as a kid in mid-80s it seemed like there were plenty of 130-124 type games.

Scoring was higher in the 80s, you’re right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT