ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron Declares Himself GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have to claim you’re the best, you aren’t the best.
ali-liston_ce2b2d2917366a74628a579e283ad146.fit-760w.jpg

Chamberlain, Reed, Bird, Magic, Jabbar are all better than “The Mouth”, IMO.
Interesting nickname you alone have apparently given one of the most politically outspoken athletes in a generation while touting the superiority of one of the most notorious smack talkers ever.

Kind of a different situation, I think. There was no one that really took the GOAT title before Ali showed up. MJ has been the GOAT for 20 years.
I have a hard time believing that most people didn’t talk about and agree that Joe Louis was the greatest boxer that had ever been in the ring before Ali came around.

Interesting nickname you alone have apparently given one of the most politically outspoken athletes in a generation while touting the superiority of one of the most notorious smack talkers ever.
Bird talked smack playing the game in between the lines.

He didn’t take his opportunity to call people uneducated that didn’t vote for His preffered candidate

I have a hard time believing that most people didn’t talk about and agree that Joe Louis was the greatest boxer that had ever been in the ring before Ali came around.
I don’t know much about boxing so you could be right. But no one is believing this stuff from LeBron.

I think his quote means that he thought so at the time, didn’t necessarily mean now?

And I like him very much. He’s a lot smarter and more thoughtful than most professional athletes, I like that he has put winning ahead of personal money on a number of occasions, is very engaged with social issues that are important, and about 1 million times the person that Jordan was. I suggest people watch “shut up and dribble”… Fantastic three part series on Showtime in which LeBron plays a part. I’m a huge fan, and it has nothing to do with basketball.

( very interesting also to hear the LeBron camp talk about the decision show now. They all think it was the biggest mistake of his career. But it came from a place of decency if you can read about it…)

Right? Thinking the exact same thing. Kareem was a huge social justice warrior. And no one talks as much shit as that relenting asshole Jordan. Just shut up and dribble, amirite?

I'm not a huge Lebron fan but do respect him. He seems like a fantastic person. He is obviously a great player and even though he may not be the GOAT I don't blame him for thinking he is. Like some things he does and says, I think being outspoken about it comes from a little bit of his sensitivity about what people think about him.

Reactions: Big_Blue79

He didn’t take his opportunity to call people uneducated that didn’t vote for His preffered candidate

That Duke privilege has rubbed off on some of its fan base - even though half of the bandwagons fans never lived in NC, didn’t go to Duke and aren’t smart enough to get admitted if they tried.

Please expand on this. Wondering how being "politically outspoken" is the same as talking trash on a basketball court.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I don’t think he’s wrong for thinking that. I also don’t think people are wrong for saying Jordan is the GOAT. They’re both amazing players and we’re lucky to have witnessed either of them play at such a high level for almost all of the last 30+ years.
Well said. I am 46 and have the fortune of seeing MJ, Kobe, and LBJ, play in their primes.

Special.

BTW---Its Mike. And IMO, it ain't close.

I think his quote means that he thought so at the time, didn’t necessarily mean now?

And I like him very much. He’s a lot smarter and more thoughtful than most professional athletes, I like that he has put winning ahead of personal money on a number of occasions, is very engaged with social issues that are important, and about 1 million times the person that Jordan was. I suggest people watch “shut up and dribble”… Fantastic three part series on Showtime in which LeBron plays a part. I’m a huge fan, and it has nothing to do with basketball.

( very interesting also to hear the LeBron camp talk about the decision show now. They all think it was the biggest mistake of his career. But it came from a place of decency if you can read about it…)
Being a better person doesn't mean you are the better player. Just means you are a better person.

MJ has the better resume for being the GOAT but, if I'm starting a team from scratch, there's no way in hell I'm picking MJ over LeBron.

He didn’t take his opportunity to call people uneducated that didn’t vote for MY preffered candidate
Fair distinction, but I fixed one other thing for you (and not another), which was my point anyway...

Being politically outspoken is only bragged about when you are outspoken about liberal points of view.
And only criticized as something you shouldn't be doing, and which earns you divisive nicknames, when it involves liberal views.

Being outspoken about conservative things is an oxymoron, anyway. It's like celebrating "Boss's Day."

Please expand on this. Wondering how being "politically outspoken" is the same as talking trash on a basketball court.
I've conceded that point already. I should have stuck with how criticizing someone as "mouthy" is the new "uppity."

Showing your racism again, I see.

Right? Thinking the exact same thing. Kareem was a huge social justice warrior. And no one talks as much shit as that relenting asshole Jordan. Just shut up and dribble, amirite?
Yeah, now that Kareem is in his 70s, has had health troubles, and there's no Democratic National Convention for him to speak at this year, he's popular with conservatives the way preserved-in-time MLK and literally-lost-his-voice Ali are.

46 years from now, when LeBron can barely speak above a whisper and the cameras have long since left him in peace, conservatives will be saying, "Why can't all these black people asking for assistance with bullet wounds in the ER have the grace and patience of LeBron James? And waaaaah, my tax dollars!"

Hell of a way to get 2019 rolling on the CBB. Happy New year, everyone! Let's regurgitate the same talking points from last year and the year before that!
There is no off-season for telling people of color to shut up and do that thing that entertains/serves us.

Reactions: TheDude1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT