ADVERTISEMENT

KU Guard Arterio Morris Suspended from Program

Yet you have no problem with calling Morris a rapist before an arrest or charge has even been made.

You actually think that these guys are hell-bent on taking Kentucky down? LOL. Come on. Why weren't they writing about this? Somehow they rec'd proof of the source of the money immediately after the story broke, so they backed off? Give me a break, man. This is the opposite of common sense.

Here are the facts: Dude posts a video of himself flashing massive stacks of bills with a sentence that read "Make sure you keep a little something in ya shoeboxxx nobody can touch!" Right when this became a story, he was held out and didn't travel to Kentucky's game in Florida "for personal reasons." It was also reported that there was tension between him and the staff. Then the rest of the season was cancelled due to Covid.

Hagans' name also came up during the FBI probe. He was tied to ASM Sports' Christian Dawkins.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/11/...ats-fbi-probe-ashton-hagans-jarred-vanderbilt

Dawkins proposed giving Vanderbilt a $100,000 line of credit and $25,000 advance on his marketing revenue if he was projected as a lottery pick at the end of the 2017-18 season.

Dawkins also planned to recruit 2019 point guard prospect Ashton Hagans of Cartersville, Georgia, who reclassified to the 2018 class and is a freshman at Kentucky. According to the email, Dawkins wanted to pay Hagans $2,000 per month from October 2017 to October 2018, then $3,000 monthly through April 2020.

So you think that common sense tells us this dude didn't take money? LOL. Sure.

Lifting a chair and then putting it down is a "really bad" crime to you? You must be a saint.

Lagerald Vick was accused of hitting a girl in the arm. And like 20 years ago, CJ Giles allegedly pulled a girl across a room or something. Her injuries were listed as minor. He was promptly dismissed from the team. No charges were brought against Vick. I'm not defending any of that stuff, if true. My point has been that this shit happens all over.

IF Morris is guilty of rape, then that's very bad, yes. Can we at least wait until there's an arrest or charge filed, or should we just go ahead and convict him now? Guess we know the answer to that.

I already listed about 10 UK players that were involved in some pretty heinous crimes in the last decade plus. And that was just what I found in a quick Google search. Ravi Moss was arrested for 4th degree assault after doing serious damage to his girlfriend's face and head. Michael Porter was sentenced to prison for six counts of third-degree sodomy and three counts of first-degree sexual abuse with a 14 yr old. Bledsoe hit a girl. Terrence Jones stomped on a homeless person. Etc, etc.

Are you sure you should be on your high horse here?
Man, that’s a freaking novel. Gonna be honest, I only skimmed through it, so I'll just say this:

-Comparing this Morris rape accusation to Ashton Hagans flashing cash, is really bad.

-Believe it or not, John Calipari has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Pat Forde, Pete Thamel, Higgins and as we're seeing now, people in the UK admissions office, so it's entirely possible that Forde and Thamel get hard ons anytime they think the can nail Cal (take that however you want).

-are you seriously going to belittle Desosa's intent when he picked up that chair? Come in man, you're better than this.

Look, if it'll make you feel better, I'll admit that Ashton was flashing cash that could have been an illegal benefit. I heard Cal sold a bottle of his semen to a local stud farm and he gave the proceeds to Ash to help a brotha out.

Oh and I'm not on a high horse, I'm really not taking any of this as seriously as you are. little advice here, learn how to laugh at yourself and chill the F out.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Man, that’s a freaking novel. Gonna be honest, I only skimmed through it, so I'll just say this:

-Comparing this Morris rape accusation to Ashton Hagans flashing cash, is really bad.

-Believe it or not, John Calipari has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Pat Forde, Pete Thamel, Higgins and as we're seeing now, people in the UK admissions office, so it's entirely possible that Forde and Thamel get hard ons anytime they think the can nail Cal (take that however you want).

-are you seriously going to belittle Desosa's intent when he picked up that chair? Come in man, you're better than this.

Look, if it'll make you feel better, I'll admit that Ashton was flashing cash that could have been an illegal benefit. I heard Cal sold a bottle of his semen to a local stud farm and he gave the proceeds to Ash to help a brotha out.

Oh and I'm not on a high horse, I'm really not taking any of this as seriously as you are. little advice here, learn how to laugh at yourself and chill the F out.

I'm not comparing Hagans' cash to a rape accusation. That's a separate issue. I'm comparing all the other shit I mentioned that you apparently skipped over.

And yeah, you've been on your high horse. You've said multiple times that Kentucky is above this kind of thing. And I've shown that's far, far from true.

Again, shit happens everywhere. It's interesting that you know more about KU allegations than Kentucky's though.

Yikes for pointing out to that douchebag that his program has consistently swept truly terrible acts under the rug? It's like being called a dirtbag by Jeffrey Epstein. 😆

Like I said, if Morris is charged with the crime, he'll be off the team promptly. It appears it was probably a mistake to recruit him, but let's at least let the investigation play out.

Your fans won't even admit that Ashton Hagans was likely paid, despite flashing stacks all over social media. But you're sure quick to convict a KU player, eh?
Goddamn if we paid for Hagans I want our money back.

Soooooo Morris did the raping while Furphy, Jackson, and Timberlake watched? Niiiiiice! And it happened in McCarthy Hall, where all the players live? LMAO....awesome.

The KU witnesses be like...

giphy.gif

Goddamn if we paid for Hagans I want our money back.

Technically, it looks like it was ASM Sports' money.

You think Adidas doesn't want a refund for DeSousa and Billy Preston? 😆

Cheick Diallo was another that was mentioned at some point, although I'm not sure there was any proof.

I honestly don't think you could name three players that had less of an impact on the court in the Self era. Preston would have probably been solid if he had ever played.

• Haha
Reactions: RipThru
Yet you have no problem with calling Morris a rapist before an arrest or charge has even been made.

You actually think that these guys are hell-bent on taking Kentucky down? LOL. Come on. Why weren't they writing about this? Somehow they rec'd proof of the source of the money immediately after the story broke, so they backed off? Give me a break, man. This is the opposite of common sense.

Here are the facts: Dude posts a video of himself flashing massive stacks of bills with a sentence that read "Make sure you keep a little something in ya shoeboxxx nobody can touch!" Right when this became a story, he was held out and didn't travel to Kentucky's game in Florida "for personal reasons." It was also reported that there was tension between him and the staff. Then the rest of the season was cancelled due to Covid.

Hagans' name also came up during the FBI probe. He was tied to ASM Sports' Christian Dawkins.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/11/...ats-fbi-probe-ashton-hagans-jarred-vanderbilt

Dawkins proposed giving Vanderbilt a $100,000 line of credit and $25,000 advance on his marketing revenue if he was projected as a lottery pick at the end of the 2017-18 season.

Dawkins also planned to recruit 2019 point guard prospect Ashton Hagans of Cartersville, Georgia, who reclassified to the 2018 class and is a freshman at Kentucky. According to the email, Dawkins wanted to pay Hagans $2,000 per month from October 2017 to October 2018, then $3,000 monthly through April 2020.

So you think that common sense tells us this dude didn't take money? LOL. Sure.

Lifting a chair and then putting it down is a "really bad" crime to you? You must be a saint.

Lagerald Vick was accused of hitting a girl in the arm. And like 20 years ago, CJ Giles allegedly pulled a girl across a room or something. Her injuries were listed as minor. He was promptly dismissed from the team. No charges were brought against Vick. I'm not defending any of that stuff, if true. My point has been that this shit happens all over.

IF Morris is guilty of rape, then that's very bad, yes. Can we at least wait until there's an arrest or charge filed, or should we just go ahead and convict him now? Guess we know the answer to that.

I already listed about 10 UK players that were involved in some pretty heinous crimes in the last decade plus. And that was just what I found in a quick Google search. Ravi Moss was arrested for 4th degree assault after doing serious damage to his girlfriend's face and head. Michael Porter was sentenced to prison for six counts of third-degree sodomy and three counts of first-degree sexual abuse with a 14 yr old. Bledsoe hit a girl. Terrence Jones stomped on a homeless person. Etc, etc.

Are you sure you should be on your high horse here?
The crux of this whole argument is Self and how he deals with this stuff. What would you have had Cal do to these guys, being that 3/4 incidents you named were after the dudes left the university? You can't hold a university/coach responsible for their actions after they leave...

Edit...was Porter at the University when his crime was committed?

The crux of this whole argument is Self and how he deals with this stuff. What would you have had Cal do to these guys, being that 3/4 incidents you named were after the dudes left the university? You can't hold a university/coach responsible for their actions after they leave...

Edit...was Porter at the University when his crime was committed?

I think Porter's incidents allegedly started during his last year at Kentucky in '09.

The argument against Self is that he's brought in guys with questionable character, right? So it doesn't really matter when it happens or what the response is. It's not like Self is just looking the other way at everything that goes on under his watch. He's dismissed some really talented players from the team that were never convicted of anything. He kicked JR Giddens off the team for getting jumped by some thugs after leaving a bar. CJ Giles was quickly dismissed after his allegation. Morris is suspended and, if there's any truth to the allegation, he'll swiftly get the boot. He'll probably get the boot regardless at this point.

Self might deserve criticism for taking a chance on this guy, but by most accounts the other incident was pretty minor. He basically snapped his ex's bra strap, and she tried to drop the charges.

Last edited:
I'm not comparing Hagans' cash to a rape accusation. That's a separate issue. I'm comparing all the other shit I mentioned that you apparently skipped over.

And yeah, you've been on your high horse. You've said multiple times that Kentucky is above this kind of thing. And I've shown that's far, far from true.

Again, shit happens everywhere. It's interesting that you know more about KU allegations than Kentucky's though.
Wait, when did I say UK was above this kind of thing? I stated that multiple times??? When and where??? I think you have me confused with someone else.

But nevertheless, I don't recall rapes and beatings happening at UK. One is bad enough, but KU has had this happen multiple times now. This doesn’t put me on a high horse, all I'm doing is stating a fact.

I have no problem admitting that Willis was drunk in his car, Hagans flashed cash that nobody knows where said cash came from, Billy Gillispie stole one of his players gf's and Billy was also a lonely drunk that hung out at bars by himself at night. I'm not sure what else I need to admit to so you stop saying I'm looking down on KU like UK is fault free.

I think Porter's incidents allegedly started during his last year at Kentucky in '09.

The argument against Self is that he's brought in guys with questionable character, right? So it doesn't really matter when it happens or what the response is. It's not like Self is just looking the other way at everything that goes on under his watch. He's dismissed some really talented players from the team that were never convicted of anything. He kicked JR Giddens off the team for getting jumped by some thugs after leaving a bar. CJ Giles was quickly dismissed after his allegation. Morris is suspended and, if there's any truth to the allegation, he'll swiftly get the boot. He'll probably get the boot regardless at this point.

Self might deserve criticism for taking a chance on this guy, but by all accounts the other incident was pretty minor. He basically snapped his ex's bra strap, and she tried to drop the charges.
According to the indictment on Michael Porter, the incidents were between November 2009 and April 2010; he didn't play his senior year.

It DOES matter when it happens, at least to me. You can't control another person's actions but you CAN control your response. I like Self; I think he's the best X and O guy in the business. But I do think he will gamble on a guy's character if he's talented.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
According to the indictment on Michael Porter, the incidents were between November 2009 and April 2010; he didn't play his senior year.

It DOES matter when it happens, at least to me. You can't control another person's actions but you CAN control your response. I like Self; I think he's the best X and O guy in the business. But I do think he will gamble on a guy's character if he's talented.

Fair enough. It appears that's what happened here. He took a gamble on this guy and now he's in an embarrassing situation. But one could also argue that Kentucky's taken a gamble on a lot of questionable players/coaches, based on the incidents I mentioned.

Coaches/organizations take gambles on players all the time, and a lot of shit gets swept under the rug. Every pro basketball/football team out there has had numerous players who have been accused or charged with crimes. This stuff is a lot more common than we'd like to admit.

Fair enough. It appears that's what happened here. He took a gamble on this guy and now he's in an embarrassing situation. But one could also argue that Kentucky's taken a gamble on a lot of questionable players/coaches, based on the incidents I mentioned.

Coaches/organizations take gambles on players all the time, and a lot of shit gets swept under the rug. Every pro basketball/football team out there has had numerous players who have been accused or charged with crimes. This stuff is a lot more common than we'd like to admit.
Who cares what happened, or didn't happen at UK? This isn’t about UK. You’re deflecting, this is about KU, Self and Morris.

Besides, unless you can find where UK players committed rape, nothing you have tried to toss out to change the subject, is even close to equivalent to this alleged Morris situation.

Why are you working so hard to defend KU and Self here? It is what it is. It’s not like Self was in the room cheering Morris on.

Wait, when did I say UK was above this kind of thing? I stated that multiple times??? When and where??? I think you have me confused with someone else.

But nevertheless, I don't recall rapes and beatings happening at UK. One is bad enough, but KU has had this happen multiple times now. This doesn’t put me on a high horse, all I'm doing is stating a fact.

I have no problem admitting that Willis was drunk in his car, Hagans flashed cash that nobody knows where said cash came from, Billy Gillispie stole one of his players gf's and Billy was also a lonely drunk that hung out at bars by himself at night. I'm not sure what else I need to admit to so you stop saying I'm looking down on KU like UK is fault free.

Wow, KU is really trying hard to compete with UofL.

UK still isn't close to KU and especially UofL on this stage.

Sure seems like someone implying that his school is above it to me. And you basically doubled down in this very post by saying you don't recall any Kentucky players doing this sort of thing.

I mean, I've already listed several horrible acts committed by players that went through your program. I guess if you choose to ignore them, they didn't happen?

Who cares what happened, or didn't happen at UK? This isn’t about UK. You’re deflecting, this is about KU, Self and Morris.

Besides, unless you can find where UK players committed rape, nothing you have tried to toss out to change the subject, is even close to equivalent to this alleged Morris situation.

Why are you working so hard to defend KU and Self here? It is what it is. It’s not like Self was in the room cheering Morris on.

Of course I'm going to deflect when you're trying to paint KU to be morally inferior to your program/coaches. Imagine if proof surfaced that Nike paid a few Kentucky players, and KU fans were having a field day with it. You don't think you'd deflect? 😆

No, I didn't see any rape allegations in a quick Google search of Kentucky's recent history. Just people who beat the hell out of females, stomped on homeless people, and were imprisoned for several counts of sodomy with 14 year olds. Classy stuff, right? I can see why you're on your high horse. 😆

This allegation is a bad look for KU, even if it turns out to be false. I don't deny that. But I get a little sick of the holier than thou bullshit. It's like people don't understand how common sexual misconduct and/or DV are in this country. This ain't unique to KU, fellas. I read a stat that 1 in 5 college girls is a victim of rape. Not 1 in 5 KU girls. 1 in 5 nationally. So, even if this is true, let's quit pretending that this shit is rare.

A quick Google search told me that a former UK player was sentenced to prison for sodomizing two underage girls in 2012. Ravi Moss was arrested for 4th degree assault after causing injuries to his girlfriend's head, face and back. Eric Bledsoe was arrested for domestic violence. Tai Wynyard was suspended for being tied to a thug who was carrying guns to parties and charged w/ 4th degree assault. Several former UK players and coaches have been arrested for DUIs in the last decade plus. Terrence Jones was arrested for stomping on a homeless person. Derek Willis, etc.

I realize you guys badly want reasons to hate KU and to feel like your programs are morally superior, but let's be real. You're throwing stones from glass houses.
Hmmm.... I wonder where you heard that before....

Wow, KU is really trying hard to compete with UofL.

UK still isn't close to KU and especially UofL on this stage.

Sure seems like someone implying that his school is above it to me. And you basically doubled down in this very post by saying you don't recall any Kentucky players doing this sort of thing.

I mean, I've already listed several horrible acts committed by players that went through your program. I guess if you choose to ignore them, they didn't happen?
Hmm, seems like you're greatly exaggerating what I said.

First of all, my initial post, the one about comparing KU to UofL, was tongue in cheek, but, if I'm being honest, KU and UofL have had some pretty bad issues the last 10 years. Tjis isn’t close to debatable.

Another thing you purposely exaggerated, is the part where you're saying I'm eluding to UK being above KU… LOL, where the hell did I say that?

You keep saying you listed all these UK players that have been in trouble, but are any of their issues at the level of what we have seen at KU? Hell nah. Rape and violence are on a different level and don't get it twisted, this isn’t me comparing schools, it's me comparing criminal acts. Nowhere did I elude to KU accepting this behavior, or encouraging it, but it is happening, that is a fact.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to twist and exaggerate my posts to fit your weird narrative, but that's exactly what you're doing. Why are you acting like a victim?

Of course I'm going to deflect when you're trying to paint KU to be morally inferior to your program/coaches. Imagine if proof surfaced that Nike paid a few Kentucky players, and KU fans were having a field day with it. You don't think you'd deflect? 😆

No, I didn't see any rape allegations in a quick Google search of Kentucky's recent history. Just people who beat the hell out of females, stomped on homeless people, and were imprisoned for several counts of sodomy with 14 year olds. Classy stuff, right? I can see why you're on your high horse. 😆
Not sure why you keep bringing up Michael Porter, his transgressions happened after he left UK. In fact, most of the ones your bringing up happened when these kids either graduated, or were on summer break. How much control do you think universities have over college kids that aren't on campus?

You sure are going through a lot of trouble to deflect the attention to UK even though there are fans of multiple schools in this thread, in fact, it was a duke fan that fired the initial shot here. You have a massive UK hate boner, don't you?

This would have gone a lot better if you just took the ribbing in stride. That’s all this was.

Hmm, seems like you're greatly exaggerating what I said.

First of all, my initial post, the one about comparing KU to UofL, was tongue in cheek, but, if I'm being honest, KU and UofL have had some pretty bad issues the last 10 years. Tjis isn’t close to debatable.

Another thing you purposely exaggerated, is the part where you're saying I'm eluding to UK being above KU… LOL, where the hell did I say that?

You keep saying you listed all these UK players that have been in trouble, but are any of their issues at the level of what we have seen at KU? Hell nah. Rape and violence are on a different level and don't get it twisted, this isn’t me comparing schools, it's me comparing criminal acts. Nowhere did I elude to KU accepting this behavior, or encouraging it, but it is happening, that is a fact.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to twist and exaggerate my posts to fit your weird narrative, but that's exactly what you're doing. Why are you acting like a victim?

I didn't exaggerate anything. I posted a direct quote of you saying that Kentucky isn't close to KU on these matters. And you keep doubling down on it by saying that this level of thing hasn't happened at Kentucky.

Not sure why you keep bringing up Michael Porter, his transgressions happened after he left UK. In fact, most of the ones your bringing up happened when these kids either graduated, or were on summer break. How much control do you think universities have over college kids that aren't on campus?

You sure are going through a lot of trouble to deflect the attention to UK even though there are fans of multiple schools in this thread, in fact, it was a duke fan that fired the initial shot here. You have a massive UK hate boner, don't you?

This would have gone a lot better if you just took the ribbing in stride. That’s all this was.

Seems like you're the one victimizing yourself here. Bringing up facts to prove the point that shit happens everywhere isn't "hate."

When/where these incidents happened doesn't change my point. People don't go from being choir boys to stomping on homeless people and beating the shit out of women. These were/are obviously dudes with character issues. And that's what Self is being lambasted for, right? Recruiting some guys that had potential character issues? No one can really control what they do, even while they're on campus.

The first school I googled was Michigan, then I set my sights on Kentucky because you kept saying that their players don't do these things. If bignish hadn't pulled a hit and run like usual, I probably would have looked up Duke. We all know about their lacrosse team.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Yeah, but all those people probably deserved it.

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

I didn't exaggerate anything. I posted a direct quote of you saying that Kentucky isn't close to KU on these matters. And you keep doubling down on it by saying that this level of thing hasn't happened at Kentucky.
Yup, you're right, UK isn’t close to KU when it comes to rapes and violent crimes, some of which were against women. That's simply a fact that is not debatable.

But you accused me in previous posts of being on a high horse and making it seem like KU is an inferior program, or university. I never said, or eluded to that. It's not my fault you can tell the difference.

Reactions: MGO2022
Seems like you're the one victimizing yourself here. Bringing up facts to prove the point that shit happens everywhere isn't "hate."

When/where these incidents happened doesn't change my point. People don't go from being choir boys to stomping on homeless people and beating the shit out of women. These were/are obviously dudes with character issues. And that's what Self is being lambasted for, right? Recruiting some guys that had potential character issues? No one can really control what they do, even while they're on campus.

The first school I googled was Michigan, then I set my sights on Kentucky because you kept saying that their players don't do these things. If bignish hadn't pulled a hit and run like usual, I probably would have looked up Duke. We all know about their lacrosse team.
Good luck on your mission, whatever mission that is. Sheesh.

Every person in Lawrence is more intelligent than you.

Ph-ag .
You didn’t go to KU though (which is pretty easy to do) or college anywhere for that matter Cletus. You’re a t-shirt fan and an extremely butthurt one at that.

Yup, you're right, UK isn’t close to KU when it comes to rapes and violent crimes, some of which were against women. That's simply a fact that is not debatable.

But you accused me in previous posts of being on a high horse and making it seem like KU is an inferior program, or university. I never said, or eluded to that. It's not my fault you can tell the difference.

No, I meant you’re on your high horse about this stuff.

KU may have had more incidents on campus, but I showed that Kentucky’s had their share of dirtbags enrolled. The fact that they weren’t charged with a crime while on the team doesn’t mean they were high character dudes.

You didn’t go to KU though (which is pretty easy to do) or college anywhere for that matter Cletus. You’re a t-shirt fan and an extremely butthurt one at that.

Big yawn. You can’t even come up with an original name. You should crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of when Dickinson shat on your head.

Last edited:
No, I meant you’re on your high horse about this stuff.

KU may have had more incidents on campus, but I showed that Kentucky’s had their share of dirtbags enrolled. The fact that they weren’t charged with a crime while on the team doesn’t mean they were high character dudes.
Jesus man, I've said nothing that puts me on a high horse. That is so lame, especially when you factor in the ONLY reason I'm saying anything about UK, is because you’ve been deflecting to make UK look as bad as KU when it comes to these rape and violence issues.

You: "BUT, BUT, BUT KENTUCKY HAD TRANSGRESSIINS TOO… ."

Nobody cares, learn to take some ribbing and move on.

Jesus man, I've said nothing that puts me on a high horse. That is so lame, especially when you factor in the ONLY reason I'm saying anything about UK, is because you’ve been deflecting to make UK look as bad as KU when it comes to these rape and violence issues.

You: "BUT, BUT, BUT KENTUCKY HAD TRANSGRESSIINS TOO… ."

Nobody cares, learn to take some ribbing and move on.

LOL. I would have never even brought up Kentucky if you hadn’t already made comparisons.

Kansas not only is a re tard university, it also apparently is a rapist university.

I’ve stopped believing nike wasn’t at least helping UK out at one point but i think they clearly stopped as we suddenly started whiffing on like 90% of our top targets and having to settle for seconds and thirds.

My thing with Hagans though…you’re telling me we pay Ashton Hagans…but get outbid for all 3 of Zion, Barrett and Reddish in the same class by the same school? Nah. That doesn’t make any damn sense at all. And Zion himself said we finished 5th! Which means we got outbid by Kansas, Duke, Clemson and someone else.

Other players we apparently didn’t want to pay over the years: Deandre Ayton, Mohammed Bamba, Trae Young, Cade Cunningham, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith, James Wiseman…But we’ll pay Ashton Hagans. That just doesn’t add up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT