ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky VS. Tennessee

vince-neil-thevinceneil-stop-sending-me-this-shit-38728059.png
tumblr_inline_mm2y3pIES21qz4rgp.gif

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
But you don't see the calls that favor UK. There were many of those as well. You and many of your UK brethren lack the self-awareness to understand this. Hell, many UNC fans lack it as well. They just don't post their nonsense here.

Well I’m sorry we ain’t all as perfect as you Mr. Holier than thou!Laughing Find one post where I blamed a UK loss on a ref. I’ll wait! Calls go both ways and sometimes they hurt you and sometimes they help you (Kinda like the UT player that got called for a trip today when it was actually a UK player that tripped his own teammate). That was a bad call but not as bad as the call on Sestina. Stop letting your UK hate blind you. You’re starting to enter the Sugar Tits area!!!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well I’m sorry we ain’t all as perfect as you Mr. Holier than thou!Laughing Find one post where I blamed a UK loss on a ref. I’ll wait! Calls go both ways and sometimes they hurt you and sometimes they help you (Kinda like the UT player that got called for a trip today when it was actually a UK player that tripped his own teammate). That was a bad call but not as bad as the call on Sestina. Stop letting your UK hate blind you. You’re starting to enter the Sugar Tits area!!!

Maybe you didn't, but I did.

Please revisit the Auburn 44 free throws against UK last Saturday. Against LSU today Auburn, plus an overtime, only got 20 free throws. Why the difference?

Coryfly is anti-UK to the point that he is not rational.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito

Please revisit the Auburn 44 free throws against UK last Saturday. Against LSU today Auburn, plus an overtime, only got 20 free throws. Why the difference?

Yea, he try’s to play his hate of UK down but we all know he’s second in line waiting for them to lose!Laughing

It’s crazy how much shit Vince catches from fans. He always been a drunk & he’s definitely not the 1st person to go on stage & perform drunk or high.
I took my daughter to see Migos in Nashville in 2017 & they were so messed up you couldn’t even understand them. I’ve seen Hank Jr so drunk he had to sit on a stool & perform.
Yet for some reason fans give Vince hell for it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It’s crazy how much shit Vince catches from fans. He always been a drunk & he’s definitely not the 1st person to go on stage & perform drunk or high.
I took my daughter to see Migos in Nashville in 2017 & they were so messed up you couldn’t even understand them. I’ve seen Hank Jr so drunk he had to sit on a stool & perform.
Yet for some reason fans give Vince hell for it.
This was last month and apparently he charged $400 for this happy bday video. Laughing

So you truly believe that a UK fan is more rational about fouls in a UK game than a neutral fan. Even if I disliked UK it still wouldn't be a rational take. Yet you say I'm the one that isn't rational? You guys wouldn't understand logic if your mother sit down and explained it to you.

That would be like me saying I'll be more objective about calls in the UNC game tonight than you. It would be an absurd POV.

Reactions: UL_1986
Here's the thing. SEC officiating is horrid. They call every touch foul.

When I watch BIG10/BIG12/ACC games, I don't see the same officiating.

Today, I had 2 tv's going (my mancave has a TV wall, it's set up for March Madness). The two middle screens had UK/UT on one and MSU/Michigan on the other. The guys in the Michigan game were killing each other. I mean, dudes were getting manhandled and tackled and the whistle only blew on obvious calls. Some hard collisions were play-ons.

But in the UK game, every touch was called. If you're in the paint and you don't stand there like a 2x4, dead still with arms straight up, it's a foul.

Here's the thing, the refs are also heavily influenced by the home crowd. Watch what happens when Auburn and UT play at UK, the calls they got in their jacked up home arenas won’t be called.

Watch what happens in the SECT, same thing.

Now, maybe that will help SEC teams in the NCAAT where the refs allow more physical play, but it really sucks during SEC play.

Bottom line, UK is always young and Cal teaches a physical brand of defense, so young guys + physical style = lots of dumb fouls, but when you add in incompetent officials that call every fingernail touch, that's a recipe for an unwatchable game.

Lastly, Brooks gets called for a charge on a spin move where everyone was in motion, fine, but how in the hell did UT not get called for a charge when their guard plowed into a standing still Nick Richards so hard that he damn near broke him in half? I mean, call SOMETHING there.

So you truly believe that a UK fan is more rational about fouls in a UK game than a neutral fan. Even if I disliked UK it still wouldn't be a rational take. Yet you say I'm the one that isn't rational? You guys wouldn't understand logic if your mother sit down and explained it to you.

That would be like me saying I'll be more objective about calls in the UNC game tonight than you. It would be an absurd POV.
Sounds like you watched the entire game. How do you feel about the officiating? Do you agree that they call too many touch fouls?

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Sounds like you watched the entire game. How do you feel about the officiating? Do you agree that they call too many touch fouls?

I thought it was a very physical game. So I don't agree they called every touch foul. I thought there were a few on both sides they could have let go though, probably a few others they could have called. Both of those teams play hard, physical defense. It seems to me it would be tough to officiate that sort of game tbh.

I already said I thought UT got a good whistle in the first half though. I thought UK got a little better whistle than UT in the second, especially for a road team. However, I did not think the calls influenced the game a great deal at all. UK was better and despite UT making a few runs I never felt UK was really threatened. They were always going to win.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I thought it was a very physical game. So I don't agree they called every touch foul. I thought there were a few on both sides they could have let go though, probably a few others they could have called. Both of those teams play hard, physical defense. It seems to me it would be tough to officiate that sort of game tbh.

I already said I thought UT got a good whistle in the first half though. I thought UK got a little better whistle than UT in the second, especially for a road team. However, I did not think the calls influenced the game a great deal at all. UK was better and despite UT making a few runs I never felt UK was really threatened. They were always going to win.
Yeah, I'm not saying the refs purposely called more on UK, I just see a difference in the way games are called in the SEC compared to other leagues.

Hopefully it helps UK out in the tournament. UK's youth and Cal's handsy defensive style is mostly to blame for the constant foul trouble.

Does it make you mad because I don’t blame refs or something?

So you truly believe that a UK fan is more rational about fouls in a UK game than a neutral fan. Even if I disliked UK it still wouldn't be a rational take. Yet you say I'm the one that isn't rational? You guys

wouldn't understand logic if your mother sit down and explained it to you.

Coryfly, you are not neutral about Kentucky.

Duke will not get 44 free throws tonight Coryfly. Do you have enough logic to understand that?

Kentucky has very little depth, I understand why you feel the need to let them play. Tennessee isn’t very good this year, but I think Barnes is a good coach and will make Kentucky have to grind out the win.

Juzang and Brooks: 17 pts, 10 rebs. on Saturday. Good call, Blockhead.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
@della Laughing

....back to the mediocrity I was telling you about last year....and I'm being generous with saying 'mediocrity'.
Yeah, we are not good this year, but next year we should be. Even with us not being good, y'all didn't look special yourselves.

Probably one of our worst teams since Cal has been at UK. Could easily see this team flaming out in the first or second round.

My only hope is that CBB as a whole is weak this year.
I feel like we have said this about half of Cals teams since he started here. 11, 14, 16, and 18 all struggled during times of the year up until March but ended up playing some pretty good ball by the end of things. Haven’t given up on this team yet, guards win titles and we have 3 very good ones

I feel like we have said this about half of Cals teams since he started here. 11, 14, 16, and 18 all struggled during times of the year up until March but ended up playing some pretty good ball by the end of things. Haven’t given up on this team yet, guards win titles and we have 3 very good ones
All very valid points. Can't disagree with any of that.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Probably one of our worst teams since Cal has been at UK. Could easily see this team flaming out in the first or second round.

My only hope is that CBB as a whole is weak this year.
Yeah, seems like a down year for the SEC.

Reactions: UL_1986
For sure, but even cbb overall seems pretty weak IMO.
It's called parity when there's no great teams. Think of it as they're all getting better. The players are taller, faster, with better training/ nutritiousness . from coaches with better access to training techniques.

Then more exposure/big games. HS/AAU games. Lot's and lots of big games on national tv.

When players finally get to any D1 program, it's pimped out off the backs of the players that came before them.

Adds to more resources. Add in GLeeauge, E-League, China, etc,

Science is on our side as sports fans. Hopefully science creates more parity. The tech is expensive at first, but D! has a lot of money.

With all said, insert jokes here about UK spending over a million in a recruiting budget. We're not the first or only one. I'll let you guess the others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT