ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky VS. Tennessee

I'm still stunned that Texas Tech loaded their college kids with free beer.

It almost worked.
The big 12 wants sports to be fun. Great thing they have going down there. Next step is doing it when UTEP comes to town.

Reactions: kyjeff1
source.gif
_defiance.jpg

He can't shoot and turns it over a little too much, but at least he leads the league in assists. The Cats are much better off with him at the point as opposed to Maxey or Quickley.

Not disagreeing that he's our best PG option but he's just not a complete player and for a PG has too many total lapses in judgement.

He goes full ****** 2-3 times a game. Just total bonehead plays that shouldn't happen this consistently for a Soph who started last year. And his turnovers are fairly pedestrian. Throwing it to no one, line drive passes in traffic to a big man, random palming/carries and drives where he forgets to bring the ball with him. Then there's the stupid hero ball by jacking up a brick from 3 early in the shot clock or driving wildly to rim into 2-3 guys and creating a fast break opportunity on the other end. Did I mention he has to lead the country is blown shots at the rim?

He's a nifty passer when he's dialed in, can get to the rim when he's patient and is a helluva a defender. But his carelessness with the ball and bad decision making is the difference in us being good vs. being elite.

Not disagreeing that he's our best PG option but he's just not a complete player and for a PG has too many total lapses in judgement.

He goes full ****** 2-3 times a game. Just total bonehead plays that shouldn't happen this consistently for a Soph who started last year. And his turnovers are fairly pedestrian. Throwing it to no one, line drive passes in traffic to a big man, random palming/carries and drives where he forgets to bring the ball with him. Then there's the stupid hero ball by jacking up a brick from 3 early in the shot clock or driving wildly to rim into 2-3 guys and creating a fast break opportunity on the other end. Did I mention he has to lead the country is blown shots at the rim?

He's a nifty passer when he's dialed in, can get to the rim when he's patient and is a helluva a defender. But his carelessness with the ball and bad decision making is the difference in us being good vs. being elite.
His inability to make vanilla layups while making the difficult ones baffles me.

Taking my daily Tennessee, eh I mean shit this morning. Looking forward to a good game. For whatever reason they give us trouble down there even with mediocre teams. I’m expecting a fight all the way through. Good luck Vols
I was driving through TN years ago and scribbled into a gas station bathroom stall was, "Here I sit on this dirty old pooper, giving birth to a Tennessee trooper." Laughing

What part of KY are in?

Also, I see you're Crue fan - planning going to see those geezers on their "unretirement" tour? The wife and I were contemplating it but then saw the prices and realized what you get for your money (seen them 10+ times over the years - even opened for Vince Neil when he was doing his solo thing in the mid-90s). So we passed.

Taking my daily Tennessee, eh I mean shit this morning. Looking forward to a good game. For whatever reason they give us trouble down there even with mediocre teams. I’m expecting a fight all the way through. Good luck Vols
Tennessee is just plain bad, but I haven't watched UK, so I don't know how it will go.

Remember that time you tried to be funny and failed??? This is it! Read again...I said “Hopefully the refs let BOTH TEAMS play!!!

you are insinuating they are not going to call a fair game.

What part of KY are in?

Also, I see you're Crue fan - planning going to see those geezers on their "unretirement" tour? The wife and I were contemplating it but then saw the prices and realized what you get for your money (seen them 10+ times over the years - even opened for Vince Neil when he was doing his solo thing in the mid-90s). So we passed.
I’m back & forth between Owensboro & Bowling Green.
Mainly in Owensboro again but I own land & a business in Bowling Green.
Yes, I’m seeing them in Nashville & Atlanta.
Been a huge fan my whole life, seen them live over 20 times.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I saw them on the Dr. Feelgood tour. Good show. I'm in your area some. We should meet up sometime. I think it'd be fun to get a group together at a central location.

Fulkerson already with about 6 flops. You can tell he played with Grant Williams for a while.

Reactions: JC for 3
If I was UK my only goal for Montgomery would be that he doesn't foul. Just stop fouling people so you can rest Richards some.

For UT, Bowden has to be just a huge disappointment this year.

Reactions: Scotty00
Why is Cal so pissed? Probably a foul but not really much there and that contact happens all the time without dudes falling down.

Is it a roofing business?

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Because they call flops that go against UK - especially on the road - constantly, refuse to review any of them, and then miss stuff like that.

I mean, it was a common foul and the contact was exaggerated by your guy. They didn't call it because they didn't see it. Saying it was a shoulder block is a very homer take. You guys and your persecution complex has to take a TO at some point. Most all teams get a better whistle at home. Believe it or not no one actually calls against you because you are Kentucky.

LOL at IQ tripping over a UK players foot and Fulkerson getting called for it. It would bother me a little bit if they hadn't missed a blatant shoulder check.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Clearly nailed IQ with his shoulder on purpose. Not hard to see.

His entire body was moving into him so it was a foul. It was not a shoulder block into him though, just like that last play wasn't a trip.

Can't believe you guys actually got a call on the road though. Didn't think that happened.

Reactions: UL_1986
I mean, it was a common foul and the contact was exaggerated by your guy. They didn't call it because they didn't see it. Saying it was a shoulder block is a very homer take. You guys and your persecution complex has to take a TO at some point. Most all teams get a better whistle at home. Believe it or not no one actually calls against you because you are Kentucky.
Usually agree with your takes but you’re just wrong about this one. Obviously a shoulder check to IQs head. There will be bad calls against both teams in this game but you’re kidding yourself if you think that wasn’t a foul.

Cats gonna have to stop fouling or they won't have enough guys to finish the game.

LOL at IQ tripping over a UK players foot and Fulkerson getting called for it. It would bother me a little bit if they hadn't missed a blatant shoulder check.

I do like that if they ever make a bad call on UK there is always a caveat.

Usually agree with your takes but you’re just wrong about this one. Obviously a shoulder check to IQs head. There will be bad calls against both teams in this game but you’re kidding yourself if you think that wasn’t a foul.

If you read his paragraph the first sentence says, "I mean, it was a common foul..."

Man, you really leveled that strawman.

His head? C'mon. I said it was a foul. It was missed. It wasn't nearly as egregious as some of you are making it out to be though. It wasn't nearly as bad a miss as the trip for example.

Is it a roofing business?
No. I breed & train guard dogs. The business really took off when I moved to the Bowling Green area with clients in Nashville.
My brother runs the majority of the business & I drive back & forth to meet with clients.
My kids didn’t want to switch schools so we moved back to Owensboro in early August.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
ADVERTISEMENT