ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky vs Bama thread

Going head to head again Oscar will beat Kofi down the floor 9 out of 10 times. Will 100% out work him, dominate on the boards and take Kofi out to 15_17 feet. Kofi is a great big man. Oscar is a guy putting up numbers no one has done in 40 years.

Going head to head again Oscar will beat Kofi down the floor 9 out of 10 times. Will 100% out work him, dominate on the boards and take Kofi out to 15_17 feet. Kofi is a great big man. Oscar is a guy putting up numbers no one has done in 40 years.
You spelled 10 out of 10 wrong. Oscar even beats Wheeler down the floor most of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Kind of kidding. Plenty of players could win it. It'll just be dissappointing to watch a guy with that much effort on and off the court and put up numbers, have basically all talking heads saying he should win it and he doesn't.

Do you all believe in good luck charms?

My wife is a good luck charm. so many times she gets home and boom, we go on a run. Yesterday, down by 12. Boom run. Can't argue with success.

I used to wear good luck hats. then found out only UK hats bought in Kentucky worked, then found out no hats worked.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Nate Oats and I still can't believe UK was missing their backcourt and only had 7 turnovers.

Pretty good stat....plus the win.

Nate Oats and I still can't believe UK was missing their backcourt and only had 7 turnovers.

Pretty good stat....plus the win.
Well Nate Oats should believe it, because his defense sucks. I agree though, would've expected them to have at least 10 unforced TOs.

Well Nate Oats should believe it, because his defense sucks. I agree though, would've expected them to have at least 10 unforced TOs.
He really needs to work on is D. If they're going to jack up 30 threes a game, they can't completely rely on it to outscore teams. Maybe hire in a defensive coach like Donovan has a couple of times now.

He really needs to work on is D. If they're going to jack up 30 threes a game, they can't completely rely on it to outscore teams. Maybe hire in a defensive coach like Donovan has a couple of times now.
They shot 40 yesterday. 😆 UK shot 14 and Bama only made 5 more. Pretty crazy considering Bama started 9-12 from 3.

You know shit's going your way when Brooks and Toppin both make a 3 in the same game. Bet the odds of that were +10,000,000.

They shot 40 yesterday. 😆 UK shot 14 and Bama only made 5 more. Pretty crazy considering Bama started 9-12 from 3.
That 9-12 was tough. I wanted to think, law of averages will work it's way out, but I never know.

Toppin summed it up in the post game

On what enabled the team to get back into the game late in the first half…
"This is Kentucky basketball. People come into our arena, we go to people's arenas, and the first five minutes of the game, everyone's hitting every shot because they're excited to play Kentucky. That's how it is all the time, and we already know. Coach always emphasizes staying the course, just keep grinding it out. And that's what we do. We kept running, we kept getting into their legs. And guess what? They stopped making shots late in that first half. So we just have to keep pushing through things, and know that basketball is a game of runs and that's what we did."

That 9-12 was tough. I wanted to think, law of averages will work it's way out, but I never know.

Toppin summed it up in the post game

On what enabled the team to get back into the game late in the first half…
"This is Kentucky basketball. People come into our arena, we go to people's arenas, and the first five minutes of the game, everyone's hitting every shot because they're excited to play Kentucky. That's how it is all the time, and we already know. Coach always emphasizes staying the course, just keep grinding it out. And that's what we do. We kept running, we kept getting into their legs. And guess what? They stopped making shots late in that first half. So we just have to keep pushing through things, and know that basketball is a game of runs and that's what we did."
It was probably their best game plan though since UK was without their best 2 perimeter defenders (even though jacking 3s is always their game plan).

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT