ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

I dont either but I believe that’s what Cal is telling him. Obviously I have no clue but that’s what I’ve read.

about a year ago or so Cal said every top recruit tells him they want to be OAD

i know all the UK players say that Cal does not promise them anything other than the chance to compete

Reactions: kl40504
about a year ago or so Cal said every top recruit tells him they want to be OAD

i know all the UK players say that Cal does not promise them anything other than the chance to compete
fwiw, dude told me Miller sold him on getting all the shots he wants. it's not reeally a great game plan as romeo is running IU into the ground.

avatar bet? ZERO chance you take this bet. time will prove me right. Won't it?

Miller promises all the shots. No need for post season success, you can chuck all you want. 100% done.
I’m in. He goes to IU, you win. He goes to UK, I win. He goes somewhere else and we both lose.

done

I'm sure you won't mind an avatar with him playing for you.

I'll even give you odds on how sure i am. He goes to UK, I wear your avatar for a year, he goes to IU you wear my avatar for the off season.

It's done. it's 100%IU.

Reactions: kl40504 and SNU0821
again all it would have taken was for one adult to act like an adult
you have security everywhere, send them over to shut them up

it sounds like you are the type that allows the crazies to run the asylum
do your children run your household
Since IU has the largest student allotment in the nation, it's not confined too just one area. Instead, they are literally spread out throughout the whole arena. There could be 5 in this row....2 rows back theres another group and so on. (At least that's how it used to be...I'm assuming it's still the same). But besides that, I actually can understand why Archie wouldn't have said anything. He's a new coach and his team is in the middle of a historic meltdown. Even though his job is secure for at least another year....he probably isn't feeling the greatest in the job security department. If he ended up saying something...I guarantee you that a huge segment of the fanbase would be screaming today about how he needs to focus on the team instead of what the students are saying.

But with that said, Glass was apparently sitting right next to the announcer and should have said something during the first timeout.

About what this thread was started for....

Initially I've felt for a very long time that it was going to easily be IU. Throughout this whole process, its always been from the insiders " its between iu and MSU, but dont count UK out, or its IU and UK, but dont count out MSU". There have been every combination of a top 2 between IU, UK, MSU and North Carolina, but IU has ALWAYS been in the best spot of each of those pairings.

But then it was reported that the family really doesn't care for all the attention and are getting tired of constantly being tagged by fans for both positive and negative tweets. This has started to scare me somewhat, but I still figured he'd pick IU. But then it seemed like there was more rumblings that UK might be close to IU and then he was going to the game.....which really scared me, if I'm being honest. However, the one thing that does give me a little pause on UK, is I'll admit, IUs fanbase can be crazy sometimes. But, UK has IU beat in that department...a ref literally had death threats!

The night of his visit I was certain it was a done deal to UK now. Fortunately, I'm starting to think I might have over reacted a little bit on that. But, I'm not nearly as certain as before that he's going to pick IU. The rumors I've heard is that HE wants to pick IU for multiple reasons (this was before the UK visit..I honestly don't know how he feels now), but his parents both want either UK, or MSU . He's made a comment before about how TJD is his best friend, so it's more then just being past teammates. He's also apparently gotten very close with Phinisee and Franklin. He's also talked in the past about how special it would be to wear his states uniform. But, I've also heard that Cal has done a phenomenal job at selling him on the "1 and done" dream.

I honestly won't be surprised if he goes either way.

How do you know Miller even heard it? Again, IU has 7,000 plus in their student SECTIONS...There are like 10 or so areas's designated for students only. What was Miller to do---Stop the game, get on the mic, and address the entire arena?

Jesus....EVen if Miller heard it, who does address? Does he go to each section, telling them to stop?

Not necessarily Archie, but Fred Glass could've easily put a stop to it. He sits right behind the PA announcer and I would be shocked if Glass didn't hear the chants all night. That email he sent to the students was laughable.

Show me where I defended them.....I didn't give excuses....I gave reasons. I asked what you thought Miller should have done, i.e. Stop the game, get on the PA, and tell them to stop? Maybe he should have. But then again, he was a little busy.
Here is a quote from Keion Brooks on his last visit to UK.
It was crazy. I’ve never been to a game where it was that loud. The atmosphere was really lit, and I loved how Coach (John) Calipari could control the crowd.”
That is what you expect from a coach when the fans get out of control.

Then I would expect him to be referring to Purdue, amirite?
tenor.gif

Reactions: SNU0821
Lol! Honest question, not trolling. Why do you think you haven't been getting as much consideration from top in state talent? You seem to always be in on the Top 50-100 in state players but not the Top 25 type guys.
It's not a "sexy" program and I'm not sure Painter is a great salesman or really wants to be, for whatever reason. I think the '12/13 classes burning him really changed the way he approached recruiting - and that's not to say he'd be reeling in bluechips if he didn't change, because he's whiffed on his fair share.

But I do think he gets preachy about defense and "earning" playing time in recruiting; which is all fine and good, but maybe don't beat kids over the head with it for two years while trying to get a commitment.

Then again, he sold Malik Hall on being "THE" guy at Purdue post-Carsen and the kid goes to MSU so he can be surrounded by "NBA talent" (none of whom ended up committing to MSU when it was all said and done, but I digress...)

Not sure Purdue will ever be a destination school for recruits. And the narratives of the offense being slow and plodding and him being stubborn in his system - as completely wrong as they are - don't do him any favors, either. But if he can sprinkle in a top-30 kid once every few classes, he's going to continue knocking on the door in March.

Reactions: SNU0821
Pot meet kettle. Wow. Quite sure all allegations into this were proven false and went nowhere.

Take a look in the mirror before casting any stones our way.
What’s the latest on Brooks? Hearing there is a 2020 5* forward (can’t remember the name) that could be committing to UK and then reclassifying to 2019. Wonder if that would impact him at all.

Pot meet kettle. Wow. Quite sure all allegations into this were proven false and went nowhere.

Take a look in the mirror before casting any stones our way.
That's exactly the point genius. Every basketball recruiting thread Sparty fans are complaining about all these other schools that cheat and are dirty. But MSU is so clean and of the absolute highest integrity. All of my posts itt were basically mocking that laughable sanctimonious mindset and telling MSU fans to look in the mirror before casting stones. I haven't said KU is clean or devoid of problems.

I'm glad the allegations were proven false and was admittedly not aware of that. I have no hate for Michigan State and generally root for you guys in the B1G. I do think the MSU fanbase is ridiculously arrogant and naive but I don't hope bad things for your players or programs.

Every kid that comes to Kentucky thinks they are one and done. Nick Richards thought he was one and done. That dude was raw as can be as a freshman. Gabriel was just as bad.

Cal may not directly tell kids you’re one and done, but you don’t have to in order to make them believe they will be.

Maybe he actually believes it though. Nick had a ton of upside and high school scouts saw it too obviously as he was a concensus 5*.

What’s the latest on Brooks? Hearing there is a 2020 5* forward (can’t remember the name) that could be committing to UK and then reclassifying to 2019. Wonder if that would impact him at all.

We haven’t heard anything new on Brooks for a few days. Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater both put in crystal ball picks for him to UK which is a big reason we’re feeling confident. But Evan Daniels seems think the pressure from Brooks circle to go to IU might still win out.

Isiah Todd is the 20/20 reclass possibility. He’s very versatile though. It seems like he and Brooks could play together.

Todd isn’t exactly a lock and doesn’t seem close to deciding however.

I think Cal is aiming for a lineup of:

Pg: Maxey/Quickley
Sg: Whitney/Baker
Sf: Brooks
Pf: Todd
C: Richards/Montgomery

I don’t expect Allen to play next year while he recovers from the acl injury. Whitney is a 2/3 with Brooks a 3/4 and Todd and Montgomery both 4/5’s. But I think Brooks in that lineup would play most of his time at the 3. Which is probably what he wants.

We think Hagans and Herro will leave for the draft of they’re even close to the first round. Hagans will be 20 years old shortly after the draft. Even after moving up a class he was still a year behind.

Wish I knew. The overall feeling I get from reading my home board is that he is not likely MSU bound. But who knows. Thought we were getting one of Carey or Stewart. That crapped out. Maybe we get Brooks when it seems unlikely. The individual who figures out college recruiting will be the first.

Reactions: Dward13
That's exactly the point genius. Every basketball recruiting thread Sparty fans are complaining about all these other schools that cheat and are dirty. But MSU is so clean and of the absolute highest integrity. All of my posts itt were basically mocking that laughable sanctimonious mindset and telling MSU fans to look in the mirror before casting stones. I haven't said KU is clean or devoid of problems.

I'm glad the allegations were proven false and was admittedly not aware of that. I have no hate for Michigan State and generally root for you guys in the B1G. I do think the MSU fanbase is ridiculously arrogant and naive but I don't hope bad things for your players or programs.
I don't frequent this board often. I responded to you when I thought you one of the ignorant sheep just following the ESPN story line. Read a few more of your posts and felt a tad guilty for lashing out. With that said, I'm no genius (as you've pointed out) but every fan base has its share of sanctimonious koolaid drinkers. That doesn't mean that Izzo isn't clean. I truly happen to think he is.

Brooks is Kentucky bound. Kentucky now has the lead on the crystal ball. Lurkersspect must have bad sources.

He may be Kentucky bound but the crystal balls arent telling us much. Take notice if Snow puts one in.

I took notice after Slater and Meyer put their selections in. If Daniels flips the choice, it’s all but over, IMO.

I took notice after Slater and Meyer put their selections in. If Daniels flips the choice, it’s all but over, IMO.

Slater and Meyer made ya go hrmm but apparently they aren’t “in” on this one. I said before the swings just more of people are understanding how deep Kentucky had been for several months. Now had Brooks parents been with him on the visit I think you could see the writing on the wall.

Reactions: kl40504 and SNU0821
Slater and Meyer made ya go hrmm but apparently they aren’t “in” on this one. I said before the swings just more of people are understanding how deep Kentucky had been for several months. Now had Brooks parents been with him on the visit I think you could see the writing on the wall.
His parents didn't go on his official to UK? I haven't been able to keep up recently with everything.

i wonder if he is still going to announce before the end of the month
my gut feelings say no

Brian Snow had an interesting response to a question about Brooks today. Someone mentioned they heard a rumor that Brooks wants IU but his dad wants UK. Here is Snow's response...

"Is there some level of truth to this, yes, but it is a gross over simplification. But I would be lying if I said there was no truth to this statement, because on at least some level it is grounded in fact. With that said, this will be Keion's decision. Now his parents are helping him, and if they aren't comfortable with something they will step in, but ultimately this will be Keion's decision."

Thought this was interesting none the less. I'm hoping it's true that KBj wants IU. Would help me digest this shitty season IU is having.

Reactions: Hank_
ADVERTISEMENT