ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
Not a recruiting guy but this is going to get interesting. IU and Mich State have been favored. Kid is from Indiana. Goes to Kentucky vs Tennessee game and cancels visit to Michigan State. I always think every recruit will go to Kentucky. But it looks good for Kentucky, right?

Reactions: kl40504
Not a recruiting guy but this is going to get interesting. IU and Mich State have been favored. Kid is from Indiana. Goes to Kentucky vs Tennessee game and cancels visit to Michigan State. I always think every recruit will go to Kentucky. But it looks good for Kentucky, right?

Logistics wise couldn’t make it to MSU, but that is the second time he has canceled on MSU.

He is trying to get to IU for another game before the end of the season. All accounts he had a great trip to UK but a decision hasn’t been made. Lots of connections to IU and of course have TJD signed so that should help...with that said it’s known how much of a dumpster fire this season has been for IU. The IU fans of social media have been a massive turn off to the family.

I think it will be a UK IU battle until the end and UK probably took the lead over the weekend

Reactions: SNU0821 and kl40504
Not sure, TBH...I mean, if the visit went that well, to where he cancelled his visit to MSU because of it, seems maybe a commitment would have came along with it. And maybe it does. I know the signing of TJD helps IU a lot here. He and Brooks are close friends, and have often talked about playing together. Not to mention the comments Brooks made regarding staying home, and wearing the IU uniform.

BUT.......IU's season has went to hell. Some comments via twitter, etc, etc...have rubbed the Brooks family wrong. I honestly think the kid wants to go to IU, but maybe now the family is pushing for elsewhere.

In the end, I think he ends up at Indiana. The friendship with TJD and Franklin, the lure of staying home, is the difference. But who knows with teenagers...

Not sure if looks any better for UK, than it does IU. But UK certainly has a spot at the table.

Note: I'd love to have Brooks. BUT....a healthy, able to play Hunter would soften the blow IF he decides to go to UK. Hunter is a stud.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
Not sure, TBH...I mean, if the visit went that well, to where he cancelled his visit to MSU because of it, seems maybe a commitment would have came along with it. And maybe it does. I know the signing of TJD helps IU a lot here. He and Brooks are close friends, and have often talked about playing together. Not to mention the comments Brooks made regarding staying home, and wearing the IU uniform.

BUT.......IU's season has went to hell. Some comments via twitter, etc, etc...have rubbed the Brooks family wrong. I honestly think the kid wants to go to IU, but maybe now the family is pushing for elsewhere.

In the end, I think he ends up at Indiana. The friendship with TJD and Franklin, the lure of staying home, is the difference. But who knows with teenagers...

Not sure if looks any better for UK, than it does IU. But UK certainly has a spot at the table.

Note: I'd love to have Brooks. BUT....a healthy, able to play Hunter would soften the blow IF he decides to go to UK. Hunter is a stud.
Who is Hunter?

There had been some whispers weeks ago that UK was in it deeper than most thought. MSU was canceled because of logistics. The environment is something that impressed Brooks, that and the NBA plan. I don't really see him as a one and done but the Cal plan has resonated with him. Not sure that this visit necessarily pushed UK ahead as much as it showed how much they truly are in it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
There had been some whispers weeks ago that UK was in it deeper than most thought. MSU was canceled because of logistics. The environment is something that impressed Brooks, that and the NBA plan. I don't really see him as a one and done but the Cal plan has resonated with him. Not sure that this visit necessarily pushed UK ahead as much as it showed how much they truly are in it.
This. Snow mentioned something like this where the visit had a very good impression on him. However, it didn't put them as a leader in this or anything like that. In fact, he's never even called IU a leader. He's always said it was a three team battle with IU and MSU always being there and UK and UNC fighting for the third spot. Now that UNC is out, it's a three team race again. My guess/hope is playing time/necessity of production/playing with TJD and Franklin will win out and he'll be a Hoosier. BUT, tough to ever count out UK in recruiting. I won't believe it until the kid commits and signs.

Surprised I had to tell you this, but you really didn't need to click on this link. Everyone and their brother knows Brooks isn't even considering Purdue.
Thanks for the heads up. I actually am interested in who may or may not be attending the programs that Purdue plays though so I did consider it relevant.

Thanks for the heads up. I actually am interested in who may or may not be attending the programs that Purdue plays though so I did consider it relevant.
giphy.gif

Even if he's not 1&D I think Cal can sell on what PJ has done this year after coming back. Or at least dispel some of the negative recruiting that has taken place before about guys coming back.
I honestly wrote off Brooks like 6 months ago. But the late unofficial definitely makes me wonder.

What “logistics” suddenly popped up that the kid couldn’t make a planned trip to Lansing from Lexington?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
What “logistics” suddenly popped up that the kid couldn’t make a planned trip to Lansing from Lexington?

UK game ended at probably 10:30. Meet with the coaching staff afterwards, i'm sure they had a long day and stayed in lexington, probably didn't get to their hotel until midnight-1:00am. MSU/OSU game had a 1:00pm tip, thats 6 hours away. They'd likely have to get up at 4 to get ready, eat, leave by 6 to get to east lansing by noon, that doesn't include traffic, stops for gas. Could they have made it? yes, would it have been enjoyable at MSU? No.

Reactions: klize17 and SNU0821
If he's really making a decision this week, I highly doubt MSU is still in it. I thought maybe he'd try to make another visit, such as Wednesday for the Rutgers game... but it looks like LaLu has a game at the same time so that's out.

If he's really making a decision this week, I highly doubt MSU is still in it. I thought maybe he'd try to make another visit, such as Wednesday for the Rutgers game... but it looks like LaLu has a game at the same time so that's out.

Don't know if its set to make a decision this week or not, so far its been speculation.

Yup. Snow said he's 100% not making a decision today or tomorrow. After that, it's day to day with no hard timeline set. Seems to me the kid is really conflicted on where he wants to go and is doing his due diligence and operating on no timeline letting it happen when it happens.

I've thought for a looooooooong time there were 2 locks in the class (uncommited) from day 1...
Brooks to IU
Hurt to KU

Reactions: SNU0821
I've thought for a looooooooong time there were 2 locks in the class (uncommited) from day 1...
Brooks to IU
Hurt to KU

You’re usually right when it comes to your predictions, unfortunately. However, reading his interview following UK game he made some pretty heavy U.K. statements. Made comments about iron sharpening iron, for instance, which is etched in U.K. lock room. Talked about being impressed with Calipari and his mind for basketball, etc. Usually see more neutral comments from guys when leaning towards other schools. Especially when one of those schools is Indiana, whose fans never say anything positive about Kentucky.

Albeit, I thought Mohammed Bamba, Zion Williamson and about 20 others were also going to Kentucky. So, there’s that.

UK game ended at probably 10:30. Meet with the coaching staff afterwards, i'm sure they had a long day and stayed in lexington, probably didn't get to their hotel until midnight-1:00am. MSU/OSU game had a 1:00pm tip, thats 6 hours away. They'd likely have to get up at 4 to get ready, eat, leave by 6 to get to east lansing by noon, that doesn't include traffic, stops for gas. Could they have made it? yes, would it have been enjoyable at MSU? No.

I would have assumed all that would’ve been taken into consideration beforehand. If not, poor planning.

Surprised I had to tell you this, but you really didn't need to click on this link. Everyone and their brother knows Brooks isn't even considering Purdue.
Same could be said for iu. After seeing how toxic your program/ fanbase is, and how awful of a coach archie is, you're obviously not in consideration either.

I imagine an Indiana kid would want to get as far away from that program as possible. We welcome you with open arms, Keion

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Same could be said for iu. After seeing how toxic your program/ fanbase is, and how awful of a coach archie is, you're obviously not in consideration either.
That's weird. The people who actually follow this recruitment, and know what they're talking about, disagree.

I get you're angry another in state 5* didn't really even give Purdue a shot. Gotta take it's toll on you after a while.

I imagine an Indiana kid would want to get as far away from that program as possible. We welcome you with open arms, Keion

It can go both ways. Yeah its a disaster so leave to the more steady program...or sign on with two of your former AAU teammates also from Indiana and build it back. He will start from the get go and get plenty of shots at Indiana. The kid cant go wrong, just depends on what he wants.

It can go both ways. Yeah its a disaster so leave to the more steady program...or sign on with two of your former AAU teammates also from Indiana and build it back. He will start from the get go and get plenty of shots at Indiana. The kid cant go wrong, just depends on what he wants.
Yup. I think you can point at Romeo as an example of need for skilled players. He's putting up 17ppg and really should be utilized even more than he is already.

Yup. Snow said he's 100% not making a decision today or tomorrow. After that, it's day to day with no hard timeline set. Seems to me the kid is really conflicted on where he wants to go and is doing his due diligence and operating on no timeline letting it happen when it happens.
I think he has made up his mind he wants no part of that dumpster fire called IU.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I would have assumed all that would’ve been taken into consideration beforehand. If not, poor planning.

I agree but i think we've all been there. "Yeah we'll make it", then the game goes a bit long, you end up staying around to talk and start to feel run down and realize its not worth the hassle.

I agree but i think we've all been there. "Yeah we'll make it", then the game goes a bit long, you end up staying around to talk and start to feel run down and realize its not worth the hassle.
Especially since you have made your mind up and you know you are not going to MSU.

Yup. I think you can point at Romeo as an example of need for skilled players. He's putting up 17ppg and really should be utilized even more than he is already.
Key word there is utilized more. I am sure Brooks has seen that.

ADVERTISEMENT