ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

Also worth noting, Snow said he's never heard the Brooks family mention IU's struggles this year. Doesn't mean they aren't talking about it but they never brought it up with Snow when they're talking about each school.

Reactions: jace4655555
Brian Snow had an interesting response to a question about Brooks today. Someone mentioned they heard a rumor that Brooks wants IU but his dad wants UK. Here is Snow's response...

"Is there some level of truth to this, yes, but it is a gross over simplification. But I would be lying if I said there was no truth to this statement, because on at least some level it is grounded in fact. With that said, this will be Keion's decision. Now his parents are helping him, and if they aren't comfortable with something they will step in, but ultimately this will be Keion's decision."

Thought this was interesting none the less. I'm hoping it's true that KBj wants IU. Would help me digest this shitty season IU is having.

been a tough season to be an IU fan for sure
as a UK fan we went through two years of this with BCG

Also worth noting, Snow said he's never heard the Brooks family mention IU's struggles this year. Doesn't mean they aren't talking about it but they never brought it up with Snow when they're talking about each school.
Who would want to talk about IU?

You act like Brian Snow lives with the Brooks family. lol

He’s pretty close and talks constantly with the family. He’s got a lot of connections in the Midwest so we get pretty good info on 247. He lives in Indy, runs a big Indiana based tournament every year, and has done this for 10 years. If he posts something 90% it’s because he knows what he’s talking about.

He’s pretty close and talks constantly with the family. He’s got a lot of connections in the Midwest so we get pretty good info on 247. He lives in Indy, runs a big Indiana based tournament every year, and has done this for 10 years. If he posts something 90% it’s because he knows what he’s talking about.

What if he didn't post something? Does that mean it didn't happen?

What if he didn't post something? Does that mean it didn't happen?

16051e1f-7218-4371-8258-4aac7fc847a8_text.gif

Lol. Good GIF. SNU said that Snow never mentioned that the Brooks family said anything about IUs struggles. That’s what I meant by “not saying anything”

He's about as close to this recruitment as any "expert" could possibly be. In the case of Brooks recruitment, if he says something, its usually based in really great information.

He's about as close to this recruitment as any "expert" could possibly be. In the case of Brooks recruitment, if he says something, its usually based in really great information.

What about what he didn’t say?

Lol. Good GIF. SNU said that Snow never mentioned that the Brooks family said anything about IUs struggles. That’s what I meant by “not saying anything”

He said it was ever brought up to him. He also said that doesn’t mean they never talked about it or isn’t a factor but that it was never a point brought up to him. Snow doesn’t sugar coat or hide stuff unless he has to. He’ll say what he wants to say even if it’s not popular. He got a ton of heat this off season saying Indiana would have shooting problems and wouldn’t be a top 25 team.

Decision set for March 15. Will be interesting to see the info spill over the next two weeks. Definitely an IU and UK battle.

Decision set for March 15. Will be interesting to see the info spill over the next two weeks. Definitely an IU and UK battle.
I saw a couple posts on Twitter from people in the Indiana AAU scene saying expect crystal ball switches back to IU. Granted, take that with a huge grain of salt, but it's at least not a bad thing for IU. Until he announces, I doubt anyone has a real clue where he's going.

Reactions: HoosierAlice
I saw a couple posts on Twitter from people in the Indiana AAU scene saying expect crystal ball switches back to IU. Granted, take that with a huge grain of salt, but it's at least not a bad thing for IU. Until he announces, I doubt anyone has a real clue where he's going.

I wouldn't be surprised. People will look to much into it being down in fort wayne and open to the public to attend. Being open can always change. Will be an interesting 10 days leading up to it.

Reactions: SNU0821

Crystal ball has UK in front comfortably. I doubt these guys know anymore than anyone else...

You all put way too much stock in the "crystal ball". That generally starts with one guy having a gut feeling and changing his pick, then a whole bunch of others that are basically clueless just follow suit because they figure he must know something. It's a great way for their site to get hits though.

You all put way too much stock in the "crystal ball". That generally starts with one guy having a gut feeling and changing his pick, then a whole bunch of others that are basically clueless just follow suit because they figure he must know something. It's a great way for their site to get hits though.

Yep. They get more points the earlier they choose a team. No one that has made a pick to this point is really covering the recruitment. Once Daniels and more importantly Snow make a pick we will have a good idea of where he is going.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I think a KSR writer probably has it right. Tyler Herro will go pro, leaving room for Brooks to start at Kentucky. Kentucky seldom loses recruits in that scenario if that’s what’s being played out.

Reactions: kl40504 and klize17
I think a KSR writer probably has it right. Tyler Herro will go pro, leaving room for Brooks to start at Kentucky. Kentucky seldom loses recruits in that scenario if that’s what’s being played out.
Everyone on the IU side is saying UK slight lean. Also saying it’s close and no decision has been made. But, literally everyone seems to be saying UK at this point.

Reactions: kl40504 and klize17

That sounds about right. Maybe something changes late for IU, but its hard to beat that scenario. Would suck to lose him, but it isn't like UK came in late and swooped him up. Indiana will never be able to keep every one in-state, just hope to keep the majority of the talent. So far Archie has a good track record hopefully it continues.

Reactions: bkingUK
Everyone on the IU side is saying UK slight lean. Also saying it’s close and no decision has been made. But, literally everyone seems to be saying UK at this point.

i do not buy that
i think when he set a date the decision was made
now which school is anyone's guess

Reactions: kl40504
i do not buy that
i think when he set a date the decision was made
now which school is anyone's guess
You don’t have to buy it. Brian Snow, who’s closer to this recruitment than anyone, has said the date was set in order to force him to a decision. So again, you’re free to believe what you want. What you think just goes against what people close to this recruitment know/say.

You don’t have to buy it. Brian Snow, who’s closer to this recruitment than anyone, has said the date was set in order to force him to a decision. So again, you’re free to believe what you want. What you think just goes against what people close to this recruitment know/say.

or what they think they know
they have no real clue if the decision has been made or not
common sense would tell you that you do not set a date unless you know where you are going
they are taking a guess

Reactions: RipThru
or what they think they know
they have no real clue if the decision has been made or not
common sense would tell you that you do not set a date unless you know where you are going
they are taking a guess

At some point he has to make a decision, it can’t go on forever. I’m not saying you’re wrong or right, none of us have any clue. Have you ever struggled with a decision up until a deadline?

Reactions: SNU0821
Honestly, I don't know why, if he's waited this long, he wouldn't just wait until the NBA decisions shake out. I'm sure IU would hold a spot for him so if he's comfortable going there, he could wait to see what the UK players end up doing before making the most informed decision possible.

Top end recruits hold the power and being good with conceding it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Honestly, I don't know why, if he's waited this long, he wouldn't just wait until the NBA decisions shake out. I'm sure IU would hold a spot for him so if he's comfortable going there, he could wait to see what the UK players end up doing before making the most informed decision possible.

Top end recruits hold the power and being good with conceding it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I think he's ready to get his decision over with and I imagine Cal already knows or has a pretty good idea of who's going and who's staying.

I think he's got a pretty good sense of who's going and who's staying. Take IU for example. Pretty clear Romeo is leaving. I would assume similar decisions have been made at UK.

Snow came out this morning, basically confirmed it's likely to be UK.

I think he's got a pretty good sense of who's going and who's staying. Take IU for example. Pretty clear Romeo is leaving. I would assume similar decisions have been made at UK.

Snow came out this morning, basically confirmed it's likely to be UK.

Shocked! He must have gotten some recent intel, being that he was so close to the recruitment.

At some point he has to make a decision, it can’t go on forever. I’m not saying you’re wrong or right, none of us have any clue. Have you ever struggled with a decision up until a deadline?

not a deadline that I myself set

UK isn’t going to wait until May on a non-elite kid. It’s part of the reason they’ve been in the reclass market so heavy this past month.

If he wants the spot, he needs to take it because there’s no guarantee it will go unfilled in that time span.

Cal was in to see Brooks last night. Archie expected to see him tonight.

I just find it hard to believe that an announcement to UK tomorrow, in front of a full crowd of IU fans, will go well.

I just find it hard to believe that an announcement to UK tomorrow, in front of a full crowd of IU fans, will go well.

This isn't a Romeo type situation.

I do find it interesting that TJD is making the trip up there though. Brings more optimism

This isn't a Romeo type situation.

I do find it interesting that TJD is making the trip up there though. Brings more optimism
Very interesting that TJD is going. On the eve of a semi-state game.

ADVERTISEMENT