ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs WVU

Let's see...WV rarely drove. KU drove often. WVU hacked Doke multiple times. 26 fouls to 14. After factoring in the T and intentional fouling at the end, it comes down to about 22-14. Yep. Pretty well adds up.

Sorry bout the sour grapes.

Reactions: npreston
Absolutely! I'm certain every person in America watching that game was giving each other high-5's over and over...unless you were a UConn fan. It's remarkable and it's something we never see again with what Geno has done with the Lady Huskies. It's not their fault, they're just head and shoulders above everyone else 99% of the time. Simply unreal.
What has helped is very seldom, if ever(?) do players leave early in the womens game. So Geno just stockpiles talent. Kinda of like Alabama football. Both have 3rd stringers who are All-Americans as juniors.

Ok, but how many of WVU's 35, non-three point attempts were jump shots? A lot. Kansas drove the ball Doogie.

I agree there is reason to be upset. 35-2 is crazy.

I dont know, but how many of KU's FT's were on calls like this?

What is Konate supposed to do? Run out of the paint when the shot goes up? He was literally just standing there and Dok fell on him.

How many videos like this do I need to post?

Pretty sure WVU fouled Kansas like 10 times in last couple of minutes as well, which obviously skews the numbers.

I dont know, but how many of KU's FT's were on calls like this?

What is Konate supposed to do? Run out of the paint when the shot goes up? He was literally just standing there and Dok fell on him.

How many videos like this do I need to post?
Wrong place.....wrong time. Protecting a shooter. You have to let him come down. Don't get mad at the official. If he had jumped, made a play, he's probably ok. But no matter if accidental or not, you have to give him room to come down. Is what it is. TBH Doogie, I would have made the same call. MOF, I have.

Dude, you’re missing the point. When a player drives the ball, he’s going to get fouled way more times than when he takes a jump shot. We drove the ball far more times than you did. You’re right, I don’t think there was a foul on a 3 point attempt, nor did we foul you when you took jump shots. You did, however, foul like a champ when we drove it.

When we drove it.... nothing was called.

Not sure how many times Esa got knocked to the floor on a drive with no foul called.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Wrong place.....wrong time. Protecting a shooter. You have to let him come down. Don't get mad at the official. If he had jumped, made a play, he's probably ok. But no matter if accidental or not, you have to give him room to come down. Is what it is. TBH Doogie, I would have made the same call. MOF, I have.

He misses that put back dunk whether Konate is there or not. Never even controlled that ball off the rebound. Let them play.

We didn't get that type of call all night.

Doubt it. Pretty sure that was a one time thing. Can’t blame her one bit, with all the pervs around here fappin to every picture of a pair of legs with tits. Winking

Well if it helps her out she could always add me on Snapchat!!!:D

He misses that put back dunk whether Konate is there or not. Never even controlled that ball off the rebound. Let them play.

Maybe because that type of play didn't happen? And as an official, you cannot assume if a shot is going in or not. What you do know though is, he's attempting to shoot. Which means the defense HAS TO LET HIM COME DOWN. SO yeah, Konate should've gotten out of the way. Sorry my man. You have to let a shooter come down. Cannot get under them.

When we drove it.... nothing was called.

Not sure how many times Esa got knocked to the floor on a drive with no foul called.

Every blocked layup has to be a foul right? If you're going to produce "evidence," it should at least be close enough to show clear contact.

Mountaineer tears are delicious.

Maybe because that type of play didn't happen?

wrong place, wrong time.... incidental contact that had no impact on whether the shot was made or not.

Tons of plays like that. And we never got the benefit of the doubt.

I get it. We foul a lot. We're not a blue blood. Our coach is fat and screams. But holy shit.... 35-2????

Every blocked layup has to be a foul right? If you're going to produce "evidence," it should at least be close enough to show clear contact.

Mountaineer tears are delicious.

There was no contact on the body there, right?

Good Lord... some of you Jayhawk fans.

wrong place, wrong time.... incidental contact that had no impact on whether the shot was made or not.

Tons of plays like that. And we never got the benefit of the doubt.

I get it. We foul a lot. We're not a blue blood. Our coach is fat and screams. But holy shit.... 35-2????
Well, you do foul a lot. That's no secret. 35-2 is a hard pill to swallow. I agree. If it were IU, I'd probably be mad as well. But I guess I don't get as mad because I officiate. I dunno. That or I;m just getting to god damn old.

There was no contact on the body there, right?

Good Lord... some of you Jayhawk fans.
Sure there was some contact. There is always going to be contact. But for one, it sorta of appears your guy jumped into the KU guy. Maybe not. Personally I think the force of the blocked shot, made it appear a lot worse than what it was. Like I said, sure there was some contact. But did that contact effect his shot? Meh----not so sure it did. And I'm not sure he (WVU kid) didn't initate it.

Since all you guys can do is point to a couple (weak) examples...

How bout the blatant no-call when Svi was tackled that Bilas called out himself? There. PROOF that KU didn't benefit from officiating bias. See how that works?

Sure there was some contact. There is always going to be contact. But for one, it sorta of appears your guy jumped into the KU guy. Maybe not. Personally I think the force of the blocked shot, made it appear a lot worse than what it was. Like I said, sure there was some contact. But did that contact effect his shot? Meh----not so sure it did. And I'm not sure he (WVU kid) didn't initate it.

If that's a KU player taking that shot and a WVU defender..... is that a foul?

Michael-Kenneth-Williams-Oh-No-Doubt.gif

Since all you guys can do is point to a couple (weak) examples...

How bout the blatant no-call when Svi was tackled that Bilas called out himself? There. PROOF that KU didn't benefit from officiating bias. See how that works?

Was that before or after Svi took 4 steps on that dunk?

I've posted at least 5 examples of ridiculous calls so far.

I could go all night if you really wanted me to.

There's no defending 35-2. You just can't do it.

And again... I we still should've won if Huggs didn't freeze his team with 9 minutes to go.

The dude basically gave up a foul.

Was moving into him.... inside the circle, swatted down at the shooter, hit him with his body, knocked him out of bounds.
Maybe you didn't show the video you thought you did? Swatting down isn;t a foul. Swatting down and making contact is....Again I think the force of the play made it look worse. Seemed WVU player jumped in(to force some contact). KU player is a primary defender---semi-circle is irrelevant. Plus it appeared whe he started his jump, he was outside if it anyways.

I feel your pain Doogie. I do. But for someone who said he wasn't blaming the officials.....................Well, I mean....................Ummmmmm. It kinda of looks that way. Just saying.

Well, you do foul a lot. That's no secret. 35-2 is a hard pill to swallow. I agree. If it were IU, I'd probably be mad as well. But I guess I don't get as mad because I officiate. I dunno. That or I;m just getting to god damn old.

Everyone ignores the fact that when you take out the technical and intentional fouls at the end, the FOUL disparity was only about 21-14. And at least a few of those were intentional hacks to prevent an easy score from Doke.

This is absurdly blown out of proportion.

Maybe you didn't show the video you thought you did? Swatting down isn;t a foul. Swatting down and making contact is....Again I think the force of the play made it look worse. Seemed WVU player jumped in(to force some contact). KU player is a primary defender---semi-circle is irrelevant. Plus it appeared whe he started his jump, he was outside if it anyways.

I feel your pain Doogie. I do. But for someone who said he wasn't blaming the officials.....................Well, I mean....................Ummmmmm. It kinda of looks that way. Just saying.

I didn't say one word about officials until KU fans started crying.

I think the FT discrepancy was 14-0 at that point.

35-2 is insane. We should get 5-6 FT's just off blown calls alone. If that doesn't happen something is seriously wrong in my opinion.

If that's a KU player taking that shot and a WVU defender..... is that a foul?

Michael-Kenneth-Williams-Oh-No-Doubt.gif
I dunno. If the games in Morgantown, probably not. I don't know why some fans cry homecooking, when they get it themselves 20+ times a year.

I'm with ya though, Doogie. 35-2 is crazy. I am sure the game will be broken down by league officials. Any time there is a disparity such as this-----games are looked at very close.

But in no way shpae or form do I think those guys were out to get WVU and Huggins. He (Bob) is one of the more respected guys in the game. I'm not sure ZI;ve ever met an official that didn't like him.

I dunno. If the games in Morgantown, probably not. I don't know why some fans cry homecooking, when they get it themselves 20+ times a year.

I'm with ya though, Doogie. 35-2 is crazy. I am sure the game will be broken down by league officials. Any time there is a disparity such as this-----games are looked at very close.

But in no way shpae or form do I think those guys were out to get WVU and Huggins. He (Bob) is one of the more respected guys in the game. I'm not sure ZI;ve ever met an official that didn't like him.

One of them reffed the game tonight...

Higgins and his dad have always had it out for Huggs

Just listen to huggs Postgame. He's a straight shooter.

I didn't say one word about officials until KU fans started crying.

I think the FT discrepancy was 14-0 at that point.

35-2 is insane. We should get 5-6 FT's just off blown calls alone. If that doesn't happen something is seriously wrong in my opinion.
AS in? I mean do some of you really feel that games are fixed? Or that officials care who wins/loses? I mean really? Do you realize how hard that would be? PLus I cannot think of one official who doesn't truly and genuinely like Huggins. Not one. Especially not enough to do something like that.

One of them reffed the game tonight...
Higgins and his dad have laways had it for Huggs.
Just listen to huggs Postgame. He's a straight shooter.
I find that hard to believe. But I am prettyt sure Higgins was the 2nd shooter, on the Grassy Knoll.

AS in? I mean do some of you really feel that games are fixed? Or that officials care who wins/loses? I mean really? Do you realize how hard that would be? PLus I cannot think of one official who doesn't truly and genuinely like Huggins. Not one. Especially not enough to do something like that.

Higgins and his dad hate huggs. Huggs has made that clear over the years.

Not saying it's fixed. But they call our games based on reputation. Too many calls are anticipated and not based on what they actually see.

And one last time. We beat ourselves. Hard to ignore 35-2 though.

Was that before or after Svi took 4 steps on that dunk?

I've posted at least 5 examples of ridiculous calls so far.

I could go all night if you really wanted me to.

There's no defending 35-2. You just can't do it.

And again... I we still should've won if Huggs didn't freeze his team with 9 minutes to go.

Actually, when the foul disparity (not including intentional fouling and T) was only about 7, and some of those were Hack a Doke...I can defend it.

And before you talk about KU homerism, think back to when you painted WVU out to be an unstoppable juggernaut that KU had no shot of beating a month ago. Now they're on the verge of falling out of the top 25.Laughing

Actually, when the foul disparity (not including intentional fouling and T) was only about 7, and some of those were Hack a Doke...I can defend it.

And before you talk about KU homerism, think back to when you painted WVU out to be an unstoppable juggernaut that KU had no shot of beating a month ago. Now they're on the verge of falling out of the top 25.Laughing

Im not a nova fan. I never painted that picture. We're clearly better than ku though. Dominated 65 of our 80s minutes played. It took some freaky shit, some help from refs, and some choking from wvu for u to pull out two miracle comebacks.

It was 12-0 at halftime and 29-2 before huggs got the t's.

Last edited:
Higgins and his dad hate huggs. Huggs has made that clear over the years.

Not saying it's fixed. But they call our games based on reputation. Too many calls are anticipated and not based on what they actually see.

And one last time. We beat ourselves. Hard to ignore 35-2 though.
Huggins complemented Higgins tonight., Again, whatever there was, I don't think it's there anymore).

Interesting tidbits here Doogie; WVU fans:

In conference play, West Virginia has been whistled for an average of 21 fouls, and its opponents 18.

Tonight, before the technicals and the two intentional fouls, that count was 22-14. With those, it was 26-14. So basically, right on WVU's average.

And it road games, that disparity goes up to 23-17. Tonight, WVU was whistled for 26. But keep in mind, two of those were via technical fouls. And two more were "stop the clock fouls".

Of WVU's 61 FGA's, only SIX-----Yes, SIX, were at the rim. That's 55 jump shots out of 61 attempts.

I mean yeah, 35-2 is hard to swallow. I cannot think of any fan base that wouldn't bitch. I would. But I mean, dudes............You guys foul. And you do it a lot. A lot of FT disparity comes form common fouls compared to shooting fouls. I mean both teams could have 6 fouls. But one team could have 12 FTA, the other zero. And people would be like---"Damn, they've shot 12 free throws. Other team zero". But wait---------They have they same amount of fouls. Doooooooooooooo whaaaaaat? Weird, I know. But it happens.

Interesting tidbits here Doogie; WVU fans:

In conference play, West Virginia has been whistled for an average of 21 fouls, and its opponents 18.

Tonight, before the technicals and the two intentional fouls, that count was 22-14. With those, it was 26-14. So basically, right on WVU's average.

And it road games, that disparity goes up to 23-17. Tonight, WVU was whistled for 26. But keep in mind, two of those were via technical fouls. And two more were "stop the clock fouls".

Of WVU's 61 FGA's, only SIX-----Yes, SIX, were at the rim. That's 55 jump shots out of 61 attempts.

I mean yeah, 35-2 is hard to swallow. I cannot think of any fan base that wouldn't bitch. I would. But I mean, dudes............You guys foul. And you do it a lot. A lot of FT disparity comes form common fouls compared to shooting fouls. I mean both teams could have 6 fouls. But one team could have 12 FTA, the other zero. And people would be like---"Damn, they've shot 12 free throws. Other team zero". But wait---------They have they same amount of fouls. Doooooooooooooo whaaaaaat? Weird, I know. But it happens.
Fvckin home run. This is why you’re one of the best posters on this board. Facts.
875Dw.gif

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT