ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs WVU

How’s the head feelin this morning?
Shhh-Hungover-GIF.gif

Reactions: doogie503
Man, like 3-4 hours before this post you claimed to be drunk. How were you feeling at this point of the night? If I were still posting 3-4 hours after being drunk my posts would not make any sense to anybody, including myself the next morning.

I was gone...

I was prepared to lose that game, but wasn't prepared to see a 35-2 free throw discrepancy.

Refs were horrible, but I still put most of the blame on Huggs.

Reactions: schoonerwest
It's a weird play. To be fair that is a foul. Can't dislodge a player and that was a screen disguised as a post up. That said you call that then Doke should have had a few fouls called because he did push off a few times on lobs.

The defenders switched, and he just held his position, turned, and posted up.

Don't think that one should've been a foul at all. Oh well.

The defenders switched, and he just held his position, turned, and posted up.

Don't think that one should've been a foul at all. Oh well.

It's iffy. No problem had that not been called. KU usually doesn't switch bigs with guards unless absolutely necessary. WVU is smart with that though. They actually made that same play several times in the first half. Konate set the screen and immediately posted creating a necessity to switch and a mismatch. The couple times in the first half Doke played the ball instead of the 3pt shooter. They ran it several times in the 2nd half this time trying the other mismatch. Miles hit a 3 on one and the other Carter drove on Doke missed a midrange jumper. The difference in that play and the others was how much Konate dislodged Svi. Made it look worse than it probably was.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I guess we can take 4 steps without dribbling now. <a href="https://t.co/of3TONXMnB">pic.twitter.com/of3TONXMnB</a></p>&mdash; WVU Barstool (@WVUBarstool) <a href=" ">February 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looks a lot worse in slow motion than it was. Slow motion makes it seem like he took 5 steps. Svi definitely took an extra step when gathering for the dunk. Happens all the time on breakaway dunks. Real time it doesn't look as bad though.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
Reactions: KisteK
<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I guess we can take 4 steps without dribbling now. <a href="https://t.co/of3TONXMnB">pic.twitter.com/of3TONXMnB</a></p>&mdash; WVU Barstool (@WVUBarstool) <a href=" ">February 18, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I suppose this isn't a foul on Carter? I can go tit for tat with you posting videos of missed calls, bruh.

I've gone back and watched this game twice now and I still cannot believe Javon Carter's shot selection last night. I don't think I've seen a senior PG take as many pull up fade away jump shots off of one foot in one game. The number of times he could've gone to the basket for a layup and could easily have drawn foul after foul, he decided the hero shot fade away was the best way to go. Miles was incredible last night. The guy hit every single big shot WVU needed for much of the game but when it came time to make a stand, he passed up wide open 3 point shots when they honestly needed the 3 ball and he threw the ball away. Konate could've got any shot of his choosing inside the paint and just like Carter, he settled for just as many 15+ foot jumpers too. As for the shot chart from last night, yeah that damn thing was accurate and I was shocked by it too. Chose to believe what you want WVU. Frankly I don't give two f**ks what you believe but seeing is believing.

When you're a team who is as physical as WVU and as big as WVU, why the f**k would you continually settle for hero ball fade away jump shots (many of those fade away shots were jumping off of 1 foot no less) and expect to get the benefit of the doubt. You want to get to the FT line? Here's an idea, DRIVE TO THE F**KING BASKET WITH A GODDAMN PURPOSE!!! You do that more often I promise you live at the FT line because KU hasn't been worth a damn at guarding the lane this year. Should KU have been called for more fouls last night? YES, the answer is yes they should have but it was also nowhere as bad to the extent people were bitching about....not even close. The tin hat conspiracy theory coupled by overdosing on the victim card is sad & pathetic. Oh yeah, I'm also not calling out the entire Mountaineer fanbase either. I'm talking to one or two. It's like dealing with little brother syndrome by KSU after they go full-on Jesse the Body Ventura on a ripoff of his show Conspiracy Theory. What a bunch of no nut sad sacks most of those people are too.

As far as Bob Huggins is concerned, I'm a huge Huggie fan. Said several times last night and I'll say it again. Met the man at the NJCAA Tournament 2 years in a row when I was 10 & 11 years old while he was the head man at Cincy. He's rough around the edges but I liked the man right away and have ever since. I thought Huggins 1st technical was weak and I also thought his 2nd T was as well. T'ing him up and tossing him played no part in the loss. Huggins was frustrated and was defending his players and I totally get that. Last night his gripe about the FT disparity was as bad as the scores of others are making it out to be. You guys want to preach how much more physical you are than other teams? Fine by me but you 'd better start showing more of that Mountaineer toughness in the painted area or your toughness doesn't mean sh*t!

If or more likely when KU goes down in the NCAA Tournament, there's a good chance the things that have plagued them all season long will rear it's ugly head again and be KU's fate. I'm sure there will be some calls that I'm gonna hate along the way. KU will get exposed I'm sure it will happen. It happens damn near every year so this season won't me much different.

ADVERTISEMENT