ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs WVU

Interesting tidbits here Doogie; WVU fans:

In conference play, West Virginia has been whistled for an average of 21 fouls, and its opponents 18.

Tonight, before the technicals and the two intentional fouls, that count was 22-14. With those, it was 26-14. So basically, right on WVU's average.

And it road games, that disparity goes up to 23-17. Tonight, WVU was whistled for 26. But keep in mind, two of those were via technical fouls. And two more were "stop the clock fouls".

Of WVU's 61 FGA's, only SIX-----Yes, SIX, were at the rim. That's 55 jump shots out of 61 attempts.

I mean yeah, 35-2 is hard to swallow. I cannot think of any fan base that wouldn't bitch. I would. But I mean, dudes............You guys foul. And you do it a lot. A lot of FT disparity comes form common fouls compared to shooting fouls. I mean both teams could have 6 fouls. But one team could have 12 FTA, the other zero. And people would be like---"Damn, they've shot 12 free throws. Other team zero". But wait---------They have they same amount of fouls. Doooooooooooooo whaaaaaat? Weird, I know. But it happens.

FT's before the techs and two intentional fouls....

KU 29

WVU 2

40 years of coaching and huggs has "never seen anything like it".

KU 29

WVU 2
cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Interesting tidbits here Doogie; WVU fans:

In conference play, West Virginia has been whistled for an average of 21 fouls, and its opponents 18.

Tonight, before the technicals and the two intentional fouls, that count was 22-14. With those, it was 26-14. So basically, right on WVU's average.

And it road games, that disparity goes up to 23-17. Tonight, WVU was whistled for 26. But keep in mind, two of those were via technical fouls. And two more were "stop the clock fouls".

Of WVU's 61 FGA's, only SIX-----Yes, SIX, were at the rim. That's 55 jump shots out of 61 attempts.

I mean yeah, 35-2 is hard to swallow. I cannot think of any fan base that wouldn't bitch. I would. But I mean, dudes............You guys foul. And you do it a lot. A lot of FT disparity comes form common fouls compared to shooting fouls. I mean both teams could have 6 fouls. But one team could have 12 FTA, the other zero. And people would be like---"Damn, they've shot 12 free throws. Other team zero". But wait---------They have they same amount of fouls. Doooooooooooooo whaaaaaat? Weird, I know. But it happens.

So this whole bitchfest led by Mountaineer and Kentucky fans is due to a disparity of 8, when they average a disparity of 6 on the road. And they were hacking Doke. Oh Jesus this is hilarious stuff. Case rested.

Reactions: npreston
So this whole bitchfest led by Mountaineer and Kentucky fans is due to a disparity of 8, when they average a disparity of 6 on the road. And they were hacking Doke. Oh Jesus this is hilarious stuff. Case rested.

Hacking Doke...

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

Im not a nova fan. I never painted that picture. We're clearly better than ku though. Dominated 65 of our 80s minutes played. It took some freaky shit, some help from refs, and some choking from wvu for u to pull out two miracle comebacks.

It was 12-0 at halftime and 29-2 before huggs got the t's.

Clearly better? If that were the case, you'd get it done at least once. The lead tonight was fool's gold. When's the last time your weak shooting squad hit 14 freaking 3s?RollLaugh

Not sure why I even try.

Last year we're up 14 with 3 minutes to go.

Frank Mason gets a steal on an inbounds play while he's literally standing on our guys feet out of bounds. KU fans thought that was clean too.

Oh well..... maybe we'll see ya in KC.

At least until the next time KU desperately needs a W to stay in the conference title race. Winking

tenor.gif

You’re better than this, man. Seriously. I know you’re upset, drunk, and fixated on this stat. But for real, this ain’t you.

Clearly better? If that were the case, you'd get it done at least once. The lead tonight was fool's gold. When's the last time your weak shooting squad hit 14 freaking 3s?RollLaugh

We've blown 3 straight double digit leads against you. Pretty amazing.

14 points with 3 mins to go

Up 17 or 18 last game. Up double digits late.

Up 12 with 9 to go today.

You found ways to win games with some help. Congrats.

tenor.gif

You’re better than this, man. Seriously. I know you’re upset, drunk, and fixated on this stat. But for real, this ain’t you.

Watch your team lose 3 straight games to somebody where you dominate for the majority of the game and hold double digit leads late in the 2nd half.... and to top it off you shoot 2 FT's to their 35.

How do you think you'd be feeling/reacting?

Yep. It's basketball. Flops happen, unfortunately. I don't think that decided the game though.

Didnt say it cost us the game.

Just saying your "hacking doke" comment was stupid. He shot 8 ft's and 4 of them were a complete joke.

Not sure why I even try.

Last year we're up 14 with 3 minutes to go.

Frank Mason gets a steal on an inbounds play while he's literally standing on our guys feet out of bounds. KU fans thought that was clean too.

Oh well..... maybe we'll see ya in KC.

Dude...your program's reputation is of constant fouling. And getting away with a million fouls at home. That's what they are KNOWN for. Fouling so much that refs won't call them all and your coach working refs to his advantage. This just gets funnier.

Dude...your program's reputation is of constant fouling. And getting away with a million fouls at home. That's what they are KNOWN for. Fouling so much that refs won't call them all and your coach working refs to his advantage. This just gets funnier.

That has nothing to do with the post you replied to... but ok.

Watch your team lose 3 straight games to somebody where you dominate for the majority of the game and hold double digit leads late in the 2nd half.... and to top it off you shoot 2 FT's to their 35.

YOu guys foul Doogie. I posted the numbers. In conference play, you guys average 21 fouls per game. Tonight, minus the techs and two clock stopping fouls, you had 22. On the raod you average 23. So minus the techs and two meaning less clock stopping fouls, you were actually UNDER your average(22). So basically, tonight was just a normal night for you guys foul wise. Where the prblem lies is a lot of your fouls were shooting fouls. Thus KU getting a ton of attempts. Then throw in the two techs and that's four more. A lot of KU's fouls were simply common fouls. Hence the difference in FTA's.

I'd be pissed at 35-2. But i mean, dude..........You guys foul. And tonight was no different. Well actually it was. Minus the T's, and you guys were UNDER your average od fouls per game.

That has nothing to do with the post you replied to... but ok.

Well, it's the theme of this entire thread. But if you want a direct response to that post, well, maybe you'll hit 14 3s again in KC. And no I don't think WV was the better team last year or this year. But they're close.

The KC Chiefs took both SB teams behind the woodshed this year. Are the Chiefs the true SB champs?

I understand, just don’t change who you are because of it. You’re usually much more rational and reasonable than this. You’re a smart basketball fan, you have to know your style of play leads to more fouls, especially in the final minutes. Reread @IUfanBorden post, he broke down the stats better than I ever could.

I understand, just don’t change who you are because of it. You’re usually much more rational and reasonable than this. You’re a smart basketball fan, you have to know your style of play leads to more fouls, especially in the final minutes. Reread @IUfanBorden post, he broke down the stats better than I ever could.

Rational goes out the window when the ft's are 35-2.

If someone doesn't get that I don't know what else to say.

Biggest ft discrepancy in b12 history.

Again, reread @IUfanBorden post. He broke it down. It’s not as lop sided as you believe.

35-2... it's that lopsided

You were in the bonus with 12 minutes to go in the 1st half. In the double bonus with 4:30 to go. We never shot a ft in the first half.

Ft's were 23-1 with 5 mins to go in the game.

I know we foul. But give me a break.

And I call bs on wvu only having 6 shots at the rim. I can think of more than that off the top of my head right now.

You’re finally starting to get it.

Explain shooting 67 more fts over the course of 5 games.

For a team that shoots the 2nd most 3's in the conference

Wvu has shot 25 fewer free throws than our opponents in our last 5 home games.

Last edited:

Hack a Dok, plus Svi/Newman/Graham putting their heads down and driving the ball.

How many one those 67 FT’s were in the final minutes of a game? You’re not looking at the big picture, rather, a small sample that fits your narrative.

I figured you guys would laugh this one off and take the W, but nope. I guess the refs have to actually wear shirts that say Kansas on the front for some ku fans to admit they get help.

Take it as a compliment. You've earned it over the years from being a top notch program.

I'm sure wvu's rifle team gets some preferential treatment too. Laughing

I figured you guys would laugh this one off and take the W, but nope. I guess the refs have to actually wear shirts that say Kansas on the front for some ku fans to admit they get help.

Take it as a compliment. You've earned it over the years from being a top notch program.

I'm sure wvu's rifle team gets some preferential treatment too. Laughing
WVU has a rifle team? Cool!

Reactions: KisteK

KU 29

WVU 2

40 years of coaching and huggs has "never seen anything like it".
Dude. WVU is called for an average.....of 23 fouls per game, on the road. Last night, minus the two technicals/two intentional fouls, you were called for 22. Which is, well, UNDER your average. On the road, WVU opponents are called for 17 fouls. Kansas was whistled for 14. A mere three less than what WVU opponents average. Problem is/was, a lot of WVU's fouls were of the shoooting variety. While as KU fouls were common fouls. Thus leading to a huge disparity. You guys fouled a ton. You also settled for a TON of jump shots. A ton. Look at the shot chart I provided. Not a whole lot of shots within 12-15 feet. I'd say according to the chart, roughly 90%, or more of your shot attempts were outside of 10'. Your not going to get a lot of fouls with that type of attack.

I know-----35-2. That's crazy. If it were IU, I'd probably be bitching to. But I'd also, after fixing my TV, replacing my remote, windows, etc, etc...sit down and take a look at "what happened". I do it all the time. And a lot of the time, I'm like----"well, damn".

KU will get exposed (again) at Tournament time when they step from the friendly Phogg and all their “home court advantages.” I am looking forward to seeing them get blasted on a neutral court in the NCAAs and going forward wishing them all the worst.

KU will get exposed (again) at Tournament time when they step from the friendly Phogg and all their “home court advantages.” I am looking forward to seeing them get blasted on a neutral court in the NCAAs and going forward wishing them all the worst.
You spelled Phog wrong, dumbass.

There was no contact on the body there, right?

Good Lord... some of you Jayhawk fans.
Do you want someone to concede a handful of fouls being iffy....I will. But you posting a few of these on here isn’t some vindicating evidence of why wvu lost. Kansas can handle the pressure and Huggins guys can’t. When it comes time to execute Huggins guys melt and repeatedly fail to make the simple and easy basketball play. Wvu could be called for a foul on their press almost every single trap—-yet you aren’t posting 10 sec videos of those. You’ll only see what you want..........and honestly, as a fan that’s ok. But if I have to hear you say “ we didn’t lose bc of the refs........and then proceed to talk about the refs screwing you for 14 pages.........

A ridiculous stat like that is worthy of sounding like a broken record.

You can watch basketball the rest of you life and never see something like that.

At least until the next time KU desperately needs a W to stay in the conference title race. Winking
Lifetime? Try the tcu vandy game just a few weeks prior. It happens and it’s not some epic once in bob Huggins lifetime comet passing thru orbit.

YOu guys foul Doogie. I posted the numbers. In conference play, you guys average 21 fouls per game. Tonight, minus the techs and two clock stopping fouls, you had 22. On the raod you average 23. So minus the techs and two meaning less clock stopping fouls, you were actually UNDER your average(22). So basically, tonight was just a normal night for you guys foul wise. Where the prblem lies is a lot of your fouls were shooting fouls. Thus KU getting a ton of attempts. Then throw in the two techs and that's four more. A lot of KU's fouls were simply common fouls. Hence the difference in FTA's.

I'd be pissed at 35-2. But i mean, dude..........You guys foul. And tonight was no different. Well actually it was. Minus the T's, and you guys were UNDER your average od fouls per game.
I think he agrees with that fact, but like most of us wondering why KU was not whistled. I watched the game, KU fouled more than they were called for.

The YouTube of the game dropped an hour ago. Made it easier to track the game. This game is so interesting as an examination into the psychology of fouls and FT discrepancy. I've only tracked WVU discrepancy so bare with me. Next going to track KU shots then fouls for both teams away from the basket vs near the basket (with asterisks for if the away from the basket was a shot attempt for common foul).

Because "shots in the paint" can be misleading I decided to look at shots that came on a drive vs not on a drive. I did not count as jump shots where a player took off outside the paint but was moving foward and I also did not count shots as inside the paint when Carter or Bolden got a foot inside the paint and faded away away from any contact.

Out of 61 shots WVU shot 16 of them off the drive. 5 in the first half and 11 in the 2nd half. KU contested only 1 of the shots inside in the first half. That was the block by Newman early in the game on Miles. We've seen that call be 50/50 many times as it was clean up top but there was some contact below. The block probably made it look worse than it was. The other 4 shots near the basket in the 1st half MY came little to no contest.

In the 2nd half 5 of the 11 shots near the basket for WVU were 50/50 or fouls to me.

-2 ended in fouls on KU (and-1s so WVU only had 1 attempt vs 2 on those).

-One of the 5 questionable calls was a clear foul on Doke that was missed on the Miles drive. That was a huge miss as KU quickly turned it around for the Newman layup.

-The 50/50 calls were the block by Doke on Carter with a little over 2 minutes left. Doke blocked it cleanly before any contact but there was contact with the body as Carter's body moved into him. Seen that be 50/50. And Konate jump hook. Was close. Doke was in his space but his arms were straight up. Seen that be 50/50 many times as well.

Another thing of note. In the final 2-3 minutes starting with Doke's block on Carter they let contact go in the paint. There were 4 shots in the paint in the final 2 minutes. The Carter block (50/50), Konate Hook (50/50), a Graham shot attempt (50/50), and the Miles block (definitely a missed foul). Interesting the 2 fouls called in the paint were both loose ball on rebounds. Clear fouls. Ahmad pushed Svi and then Vick clearly hit Miles on the wrist.

Excited to see the difference with KU shots. Also really interested in the number of fouls away from basket.

Wvu has shot 25 fewer free throws than our opponents in our last 5 home games.

Foul less, FTA would go down.

Next brain buster...?

Funny... That's what I said about Kansas football when we joined the league.

And its THE rifle team. Get it right.
Man, like 3-4 hours before this post you claimed to be drunk. How were you feeling at this point of the night? If I were still posting 3-4 hours after being drunk my posts would not make any sense to anybody, including myself the next morning.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Did you use a lot of periods?
I really enjoy Borden’s posts. He really gets the point across when he uses that many periods. Makes it feel like you’re really listening to somebody tell you their opinion. Like he’s in the room with you.

Reactions: KisteK
ADVERTISEMENT