ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas v Tennessee

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
How do you see it playing out? Will one team kick the living crap out of the other or will it be tight? Which is the superior team IYO?

I haven't seen Tennessee yet, so I don't know how they match up. If they're long and athletic, that could be a problem.

KU is still finding their identity and sorting out the rotation. Their output largely depends on whether the jumpshots are falling. They struggle to drive/finish at times.

McCormack is finally starting to play like what he was hyped to be, which should make them a little more balanced.

How do you see it playing out? Will one team kick the living crap out of the other or will it be tight? Which is the superior team IYO?
Tennessee will probably beat the Hell out of them. That is my unbiased opinion.

In all seriousness, it should be a great game. I'm just glad Tennessee doesn't have to face a coach of that high calibre in the SEC.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
I ‘m glad we get them in Knoxville. That’s probably the difference in the game. Vols need to get their rebounding issues resolved tho.

Reactions: cdbearde
KU's a strange team right now. No rim protector, yet they lead the Big 12 in blocks. They also lead in rebounds despite having bigs that don't rebound.

I'm just glad Tennessee doesn't have to face a coach of that high calibre in the SEC.
ivJcf2dTdN8SURkNyUH5olW_1bRyRPyJ4c5RUsCmc1Rj7UpJqQzXHBWDHofp_KGhFoXDGb1CJssHUznTsuEGKSa8sEV4Pd2mzjZqRVVM4ADT3eYIVDaMIYz18PPgbw

Reactions: della and cdbearde
Maybe the only SEC school that has a good chance to win a game in the challenge.

Best SEC team going up against an average Big 12 team
It is just lucky for the XII that we are not talking about next year. People in the know are already discussing Auburn will have a #1 team of biblical proportions.

Maybe the only SEC school that has a good chance to win a game in the challenge.

Best SEC team going up against an average Big 12 team

Texas fan's enjoying his brief moment in the sun. 😂

Must be sad to know that even in this year in which everything fell perfectly, you still have little chance of winning a national title or even a Big 12 title. Fool's gold season in a down year that will accomplish nothing but securing mediocre coaching at Texas for another few years.

I’ve heard down year so much, when’s the last year people considered an “up” year???

I’ve heard down year so much, when’s the last year people considered an “up” year???

I'd say the last two years are down years.

Gonzaga and Baylor aren't historically great teams. They're just great relative to their competition.

So it’s only an up year if the blue bloods are good? Or only if the elite team is a blue kid like 2012 UK

I’m not trying to pick a fight, Louisville fans just heard down year down year all 2013 when we cut down the nets. Made me wonder the last time a year was considered an up year. Or do we need transcendent stars like zion KAT and Ben Simmons?

Every team goes through the same thing in an offseason, I just don’t buy the down year concept.

and fwiw I think Gonzaga this year could compete with any team in the past decade. Maybe not win, but complete. 1-5 they are ridiculous.

So it’s only an up year if the blue bloods are good? Or only if the elite team is a blue kid like 2012 UK

I’m not trying to pick a fight, Louisville fans just heard down year down year all 2013 when we cut down the nets. Made me wonder the last time a year was considered an up year. Or do we need transcendent stars like zion KAT and Ben Simmons?

Every team goes through the same thing in an offseason, I just don’t buy the down year concept.

and fwiw I think Gonzaga this year could compete with any team in the past decade. Maybe not win, but complete. 1-5 they are ridiculous.

You do understand that my team was #1 last year right? Why can't somebody have an opinion without an agenda? My opinion happens to be a pretty common one.

Guess I could be one of those people who say that the entire sport is trash these days. Would that be better?

Last edited:
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Texas fan's enjoying his brief moment in the sun. 😂

Must be sad to know that even in this year in which everything fell perfectly, you still have little chance of winning a national title or even a Big 12 title. Fool's gold season in a down year that will accomplish nothing but securing mediocre coaching at Texas for another few years.

On to baseball season. Competiting at a high level in another sport

Something you obviously don't understand

Guy becomes more clueless everyday.
Says some of the stupidest stuff I have seen on this message board

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Well it does...

Hate to tell you.
But you think people in the Big 12 hate KU more than Texas or even OU

No...your problem is that you create your own narratives and have arguments with yourself. No one discussed nor cares which athletics dept is "most hated." What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was said, and has nothing to do with Texas's success or lack thereof.

No...your problem is that you create your own narratives and have arguments with yourself. No one discussed nor cares which athletics dept is "most hated." What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with anything that was said, and has nothing to do with Texas's success or lack thereof.

You said schools get up more for KU than Texas. Living in your own delusion.
The entire Big 12 revolves around Texas and their hatred of them.

Beating Texas in anything creates a reaction from most of the Big 12.

We are awesome in everything
That is what winners do.

Losers like KU hide behind their basketball program.
But they can't even claim superiority in that anymore

Ha.....good one. Keep 'em coming.

KU's down years are better than Texas's best years.

You said schools get up more for KU than Texas. Living in your own delusion.
The entire Big 12 revolves around Texas and their hatred of them.

Beating Texas in anything creates a reaction from most of the Big 12.

When's the last time a basketball arena sold out because Texas was in town? Hell, you can only get 8,000 in a town of 1 mil to show up to home games.

I'm the delusional one. Oh, this is funny...

No they aren't...

You are no where close to Texas
I guess Texas wants to mess around with basketball now.
You think Kansas has a chance. Might destroy the only thing you have

Okay....let me make sure I've got it straight...

KU is nowhere close to Texas in basketball. Is that right?

When's the last time a basketball arena sold out because Texas was in town? Hell, you can only get 8,000 in a town of 1 mil to show up to home games.

I'm the delusional one. Oh, this is funny...

What does one have to do with the other...

Once again you say some of the stupidest shit

I get it that Texas hurt your feelings. Nothing new. Just life in the Big 12.

You are trying to hide behind some illusion that KU is this huge university and Texas is a nobody.
Just funny.
If you ask each fanbase what Big 12 school they want to beat regardless of the sport.
It would be Texas and not Kansas

Thanks for playing

Now worry about the other UT

Okay....let me make sure I've got it straight...

KU is nowhere close to Texas in basketball. Is that right?

You just don't get it ..

People don't separate sports.
It is all the same.

Most of us feel sorry for KU because they are pretty much worthless in everything outside of basketball.

But at the end of the day...
There is zero separation.

If a school kicks your ass in football you are going to enjoy beating them in basketball.

What does one have to do with the other...

Once again you say some of the stupidest shit

I get it that Texas hurt your feelings. Nothing new. Just life in the Big 12.

You are trying to hide behind some illusion that KU is this huge university and Texas is a nobody.
Just funny.
If you ask each fanbase what Big 12 school they want to beat regardless of the sport.
It would be Texas and not Kansas

Thanks for playing

Now worry about the other UT

It's stupid to point out that no one, including your own fanbase, cares about your program? Hrm. I guess in Bizarro World. I live in reality. Try it sometime.

You were apparently the little kid who piled up the participation trophies and mommy told you that you were the bestest no matter what you failed to accomplish. And that everyone else was just jealous.

Let me explain for the 200th time that I am and have always been talking about basketball only. Hence, "College Basketball Board." I do not care about TV deals. I do not care about conference realignment. I don't care about revenue. Don't care about baseball or swimming. I don't even care about CFB. Go on the football board if you want to brag about how good Texas football used to be.

You just don't get it ..

People don't separate sports.
It is all the same.

Most of us feel sorry for KU because they are pretty much worthless in everything outside of basketball.

But at the end of the day...
There is zero separation.

If a school kicks your ass in football you are going to enjoy beating them in basketball.

Ha....bunch of nonsense. Everyone separates sports. I couldn't care less about what happened during football season when basketball rolls around.

By your logic, KU basketball should bow down when the Stanford basketball team rolls into Lawrence.

Keep thinking that no one separates swimming from basketball/football, laughable as it may be.

Last edited:
You are still talking...

Texas is elite in everything or at least tries to be
Kansas is a one trick pony

Doesn't matter how elite you think you at your trick you aren't Texas

Now...Kiss the Ring

Well, at least you try, despite failing mightily.

So do you think that Stanford fans go around bragging about having the best athletics dept? Of course not. They’re not morons.

Bragging about your swim team on a basketball board... RollLaugh

Last edited:
Reactions: duckboy33
Tennessee looks legit this year from the couple games I’ve watched from them this season.

You are still talking...

Texas is elite in everything or at least tries to be
Kansas is a one trick pony

Doesn't matter how elite you think you at your trick you aren't Texas

Now...Kiss the Ring
To be quite honest Texas isn’t elite in anything other than being the greatest under achieving program of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT