ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas v Tennessee

To be quite honest Texas isn’t elite in anything other than being the greatest under achieving program of all time.

Never really thought about it, but they’d have to be the biggest underachievers of all time, right?

Honestly, I’ve never witnessed someone let a win go to their head like this. You’d think they just beat the dream team.

New Blood isn't quite sure how to behave. If they keep this up for another 30 years or so, it will come.

I propose changing the title of this thread to:

*Enmity a Kansas and Texas thing
*Family feud XII style
*There is no west like the midwest
*Kansas Tennessee Texas

Reactions: cdbearde
I propose changing the title of this thread to:

*Enmity a Kansas and Texas thing
*Family feud XII style
*There is no west like the midwest
*Kansas Tennessee Texas

Sorry...the lesser UT tends to hijack threads. In this case, it probably has something to do with insecurities over pushing Barnes out in favor of an inferior coach.

Sorry...the lesser UT tends to hijack threads. In this case, it probably has something to do with insecurities over pushing Barnes out in favor of an inferior coach.
Maybe, we can talk KU/Tenn another time. I think it is a great match up and am looking forward to it.

I wanted to talk about the ku-Tennessee game.....is this the place for that? If we hit our threes we should win the game. If we struggle then we will get blown out like the Texas game. I’m hoping for a good game. Ku is hard to figure out. We looked great against West Virginia, good against creighton, good against Gonzaga (even though we lost) and terrible against Oklahoma and Texas.

I wanted to talk about the ku-Tennessee game.....is this the place for that? If we hit our threes we should win the game. If we struggle then we will get blown out like the Texas game. I’m hoping for a good game. Ku is hard to figure out. We looked great against West Virginia, good against creighton, good against Gonzaga (even though we lost) and terrible against Oklahoma and Texas.
What if Tennessee hits their threes?

I figured it were obvious that I wasn’t referring to just this year. Sorry I didn’t spell it out for you.

This false sense of superiority may work with some schools but it doesn't work with Texas.

Doesn't matter what Texas does regardless of sport. People are going to talk shit...

Do you get it.

You are so far out there that you don't get that your attempt at defending KU doesn't work this time
Try something else.

This false sense of superiority may work with some schools but it doesn't work with Texas.

Doesn't matter what Texas does regardless of sport. People are going to talk shit...

Do you get it.

You are so far out there that you don't get that your attempt at defending KU doesn't work this time
Try something else.

There’s nothing false about KU’s superiority to Texas. Sky is blue, grass is green.

I’ve said from day one that this was Self’s least talented team at KU. And yet...still top 10 with several good wins.

I mean...I realize that they’ve dominated this league like no one’s ever seen before, but they’re bound to be a little down once every 16 years or so.

The fact that you’re reaching so desperately for ammo shows how beaten down you are.

There’s nothing false about KU’s superiority to Texas. Sky is blue, grass is green.

I’ve said from day one that this was Self’s least talented team at KU. And yet...still top 10 with several good wins.

I mean...I realize that they’ve dominated this league like no one’s ever seen before, but they’re bound to be a little down once every 16 years or so.

The fact that you think this year gives you ammo shows how beaten down you are.

Back to this again...
One trick pony whose one trick isn't as good as Texas.

Good to see you are delusional enough to pound your chest.
Wouldn't want it any other way.

Honestly Tennessee should beat KU by double digits if they play close to their ability.

Reactions: toonces11
Back to this again...
One trick pony whose one trick isn't as good as Texas.

Good to see you are delusional enough to pound your chest.
Wouldn't want it any other way.

It’s delusional to say that KU has dominated the Big 12 and that Texas’s program pales in comparison?

I’m apparently dealing with someone with dementia. I apologize, Sheriff.

One sport....
Why you keep on hanging onto that one sport that you aren't as good as Texas this year.

Why do I keep discussing basketball on a basketball board? Keep those hot takes coming.

Even in the last calendar year, KU accomplished something Texas never will. But hey...you’ve won a few Big 12 games. Heck of an accomplishment by your standards.

Why do I keep discussing basketball on a basketball board? Keep those hot takes coming.

Even in the last calendar year, KU accomplished something Texas never will. But hey...you’ve won a few Big 12 games. Heck of an accomplishment by your standards.

You can go around and around on this...

Let the game go.
You are an average team this year.

You are attempting to make that game more important than it really is.
Trying to spin to save face for Kansas.

But like I said. In all due respect to Kansas. They aren't Texas.
Their brand isn't strong enough.

You can go around and around on this...

Let the game go.
You are an average team this year.

You are attempting to make that game more important than it really is.
Trying to spin to save face for Kansas.

But like I said. In all due respect to Kansas. They aren't Texas.
Their brand isn't strong enough.

Of course they’re not Texas. They win.

1 trick pony vs 0 trick pony.

Last calendar year: AP #1 finish in CBB + Super Bowl victory. Looking to run it back soon.

Texas will lose before the final four as always. Hey, at least you won a swimming title a few years back.

Of course they’re not Texas. They win.

1 trick pony vs 0 trick pony.

Last calendar year: AP #1 finish in CBB + Super Bowl victory. Looking to run it back soon.

Texas will lose before the final four as always. Hey, at least you won a swimming title a few years back.

Poor Kansas...

Tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better

Texas A&M and Nebraska left the conference almost 10 years ago and still have more Big 12 Championships than Kansas...

Want to see something

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech
West Virginia

Colorado
Missouri
Nebraska
Texas A&M

Poor Kansas...

Tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better

Texas A&M and Nebraska left the conference almost 10 years ago and still have more Big 12 Championships than Kansas...

Want to see something

Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
TCU
Texas
Texas Tech
West Virginia

Colorado
Missouri
Nebraska
Texas A&M

Bahahahahaha.....you can have that nonsense. I’ll take Super Bowls and final fours. Back to back World Series appearances a few years back was fun too.

But hey....it’s aLL tHe sAMe, right?

Poor Texas....

Bahahahahaha.....you can have that nonsense. I’ll take Super Bowls and final fours. Back to back World Series appearances a few years back was fun too.

But hey....it’s aLL tHe sAMe, right?

Poor Texas....

Claiming Kansas City.

You know where KC BBQ came from..
Even KC music.

All bullshit aside.
That would be like me claiming the Spurs and saying Texas Basketball is better because of Tim Duncan

Claiming Kansas City.

You know where KC BBQ came from..
Even KC music.

All bullshit aside.
That would be like me claiming the Spurs and saying Texas Basketball is better because of Tim Duncan

Except I didn’t claim anything silly like that.

The point is that the teams I follow have had plenty of success. This is all that matters to me. The fact that you continue to think I do or should care about Texas baseball or diving is beyond funny.

Except I didn’t claim anything silly like that.

The point is that the teams I follow have had plenty of success. This is all that matters to me. The fact that you continue to think I do or should care about Texas baseball or diving is beyond funny.

How did this become about you...

Good that Kansas has an elite basketball program
But that isn't good enough.

To run with Daddy you have to be great in everything

How did this become about you...

Good that Kansas has an elite basketball program
But that isn't good enough.

To run with Daddy you have to be great in everything

It’s good enough for me. That’s what you can’t accept. Digs at Kansas football don’t bother me. They’re a joke and I couldn’t care less. Mahomes and KC are only getting started. Wouldn’t trade sports teams with you for anything. Sorry, chief.

Good luck in getting out of the first round this year though. Pulling for you. Tired of being the only program that ever does anything from this conference.

It’s good enough for me. That’s what you can’t accept. Digs at Kansas football don’t bother me. They’re a joke and I couldn’t care less. Mahomes and KC are only getting started. Wouldn’t trade sports teams with you for anything. Sorry, chief.

Good luck in getting out of the first round this year though. Pulling for you. Tired of being the only program that ever does anything from this conference.

You are mix matching things on a message board.
I did not make a single attack on you personally.
This was about the ineptitude of KU athletics pretty much outside of two or three sports.

I can sit here brag that Texas has more NC in Baseball than KU has NCAA appearances in the sport.
Or a down year at Texas is being ranked #19 in the country in football. At KU it would be their greatest season ever pretty much.

This year Texas is probably better than KU in everything.
Didn't even feel like it was needed to play them in football and probably will win both basketball games.

We can restart this again

That game wasn't important but for whatever reason you had to mention it in regards to Texas vs WVU.

But everything you said pretty much collapsed today with Oklahoma State.

I wish Shaka brought in Cade Cunningham if we could get him without his brother.
But Oklahoma State did what they had to do.

You are mix matching things on a message board.
I did not make a single attack on you personally.
This was about the ineptitude of KU athletics pretty much outside of two or three sports.

I can sit here brag that Texas has more NC in Baseball than KU has NCAA appearances in the sport.
Or a down year at Texas is being ranked #19 in the country in football. At KU it would be their greatest season ever pretty much.

This year Texas is probably better than KU in everything.
Didn't even feel like it was needed to play them in football and probably will win both basketball games.

We can restart this again

That game wasn't important but for whatever reason you had to mention it in regards to Texas vs WVU.

But everything you said pretty much collapsed today with Oklahoma State.

I wish Shaka brought in Cade Cunningham if we could get him without his brother.
But Oklahoma State did what they had to do.

And I can say that a down year for KU b-ball is better than 90% of Texas’s seasons.

I was content with sticking to basketball. You brought up irrelevant sports, so I brought up relevant ones.

Twice as many people watch round 3 of the NFL draft as the College World Series. The KU-Memphis title game had 10 times the viewers. Let me put it another way.....no one cares.

In the sports that matter, my teams are either currently elite or won big a few years ago, minus college football. 3 of 4 ain’t bad. Again...wouldn’t trade, sport.

Go win a Big 12 title and then do it again 13 times in a row and win a national title. Then we’ll notice you. Til then, you’re just the biggest underachievers in basketball who can’t draw a crowd.

And I can say that a down year for KU b-ball is better than 90% of Texas’s seasons.

I was content with sticking to basketball. You brought up irrelevant sports, so I brought up relevant ones.

Twice as many people watch round 3 of the NFL draft as the College World Series. The KU-Memphis title game had 10 times the viewers. Let me put it another way.....no one cares.

In the sports that matter, my teams are either currently elite or won big a few years ago, minus college football. 3 of 4 ain’t bad. Again...wouldn’t trade, sport.

Go win a Big 12 title and then do it again 13 times in a row and win a national title. Then we’ll notice you. Til then, you’re just the biggest underachievers in basketball who can’t draw a crowd.

So you acknowledge the greatness of Texas.
It would be sad if they did throw full effort in basketball.
Would be the only school Top 10 in the Big 3.

We will see.
Their issue was presentation. We will see with their new arena.
Their old one was played out and not great for basketball.

Basketball has come and gone throughout the years.
Rick Barnes gave people a taste that they wanted more of...
Reason why they brought in Shaka.

Shaka still talks a big game.

So you acknowledge the greatness of Texas.
It would be sad if they did throw full effort in basketball.
Would be the only school Top 10 in the Big 3.

We will see.
Their issue was presentation. We will see with their new arena.
Their old one was played out and not great for basketball.

Basketball has come and gone throughout the years.
Rick Barnes gave people a taste that they wanted more of...
Reason why they brought in Shaka.

Shaka still talks a big game.

That’s why he’s a good fit.

What’s sad is that Texas has already been spending more than KU on b-ball and getting more talent, yet they have nothing to show for it.

ADVERTISEMENT