ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas v Tennessee

That’s why he’s a good fit.

What’s sad is that Texas has already been spending more than KU on b-ball and getting more talent, yet they have nothing to show for it.

Have they?

KU was hammered by the NCAA in the late 80's and walked out of there a stronger program.
Better give Ol' Roy some credit but we will see what happens this time.

This is nothing personal and truthfully don't care either way
But NCAA most likely going to go in raw without lube.

Who does KU bring in?

Should steal another coach from Illinois in Brad Underwood.

Knowing his history would he coached in Lawrence

You do understand that my team was #1 last year right? Why can't somebody have an opinion without an agenda? My opinion happens to be a pretty common one.

Guess I could be one of those people who say that the entire sport is trash these days. Would that be better?

No I was just asking why it was considered a down year. And u said bc Gonzaga and Baylor aren’t traditional powers, despite being really good this year. So again, what would make it an “up year” in college basketball? The best teams being blue bloods? Transcendent talents like AD and Zion, or more parity at the top instead of 1-2 great teams? Is it a down year bc 3/4 blue bloods are soon to be unranked?

I guess I just don’t buy the concept of up year or down year. Nearly every good team is better the year before than the current year bc of the players you lose each offseason. Even a team like Baylor would be a better team if they still had Gillespie like last year. But everyone loses players either to graduation or pros.

I guess bringing in a stud frosh like Cunningham or Suggs is the exception.

I was just asking you opinion, and didn’t agree with the comment about Gonzaga and Baylor not being traditional powers as to why its a down year. Didn’t mean to insinuate you had an agenda or anything and we can agree to disagree, again I just don’t understand the whole down year thing and can’t even remember the last time a year was considered an “up year”

No I was just asking why it was considered a down year. And u said bc Gonzaga and Baylor aren’t traditional powers, despite being really good this year. So again, what would make it an “up year” in college basketball? The best teams being blue bloods? Transcendent talents like AD and Zion, or more parity at the top instead of 1-2 great teams? Is it a down year bc 3/4 blue bloods are soon to be unranked?

I guess I just don’t buy the concept of up year or down year. Nearly every good team is better the year before than the current year bc of the players you lose each offseason. Even a team like Baylor would be a better team if they still had Gillespie like last year. But everyone loses players either to graduation or pros.

I guess bringing in a stud frosh like Cunningham or Suggs is the exception.

I was just asking you opinion, and didn’t agree with the comment about Gonzaga and Baylor not being traditional powers as to why its a down year. Didn’t mean to insinuate you had an agenda or anything and we can agree to disagree, again I just don’t understand the whole down year thing and can’t even remember the last time a year was considered an “up year”

I don't think that Gonzaga and Baylor would be considered as great as they are now in many other seasons. And I think there's a glut of teams after that which are very average by past standards. Michigan may be separating themselves.

And again, I said the same thing last year when KU was #1. I think KU stood out and looked great vs the field, but I'm not sure that was even a top 5 KU team under Self.

Compare the top 5 from, say, 2008 or 2015 to the top 5 this year. I'd say there's no comparison.

I'm pretty sure the Zion team would murder just about any team in this field and they didn't make the final four. The Bagley team from the year before would go undefeated in the ACC this year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Lol saying “down year” is so dumb. 9 times outta 10 the person saying it is justifying their team sucking.

Yet I've pointed out multiple times that I said it last year too. Derp.

So you think that the quality of recruiting classes and teams is the same every year?

Yet I've pointed out multiple times that I said it last year too. Derp.

So you think that the quality of recruiting classes and teams is the same every year?
Doesn’t matter which year you said it. Saying it is dumb regardless of the recruiting class, considering some players develop and stay. Like I said before, it’s a stupid phrase that needs to be put to rest.

Doesn’t matter which year you said it. Saying it is dumb regardless of the recruiting class, considering some players develop and stay. Like I said before, it’s a stupid phrase that needs to be put to rest.

So it's dumb to believe that one field could be better than another, even in a Covid-affected year. All righty.

Funny that this is coming from "College basketball is shit these days" guy. Were you saying that in 2015? Or even a few years ago?

So it's dumb to believe that one field could be better than another, even in a Covid-affected year. All righty.

Funny that this is coming from "College basketball is shit these days" guy. Were you saying that in 2015? Or even a few years ago?
It is shit lol. However calling each year a down year because a certain blue blood is having a bad year or the recruits “aren’t as good as assumed” is in fact dumb. I’ve been saying this for years, long before you posted here.

It is shit lol. However calling each year a down year because a certain blue blood is having a bad year or the recruits “aren’t as good as assumed” is in fact dumb. I’ve been saying this for years, long before you posted here.
You were saying that back when he was still in diapers complaining about being banned from RR for the first time.

I agree on this. I would say Kansas is rock fighting thru a down year for their own roster, but the top teams would be right there with every other year.

Reactions: UL_1986
You were saying that back when he was still in diapers complaining about being banned from RR for the first time.
giphy.gif

What if Tennessee hits their threes?
Then Tennessee wins. If you ask me what the score is going to be I would say Tennessee wins by 11. Just don’t think this ku team has the right mix. McConnell is a downgrade from dok and the offense doesn’t run as smooth without Dotson.

Then Tennessee wins. If you ask me what the score is going to be I would say Tennessee wins by 11. Just don’t think this ku team has the right mix. McConnell is a downgrade from dok and the offense doesn’t run as smooth without Dotson.
Well, Tennessee can miss a wide open shot with the best of them sometimes, so it should be an interesting game.

Reactions: The Orange Reaper
ADVERTISEMENT