ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas just lost to a team....

1473986330.jpg

With no coach and no Jesse Edwards.

Storm the court!
Nobody was beating you today. I’ve never seen such a collection of unlikely bounces and ridiculous shots in my life. WVU Doesn’t run any offense at all. Just a bunch of one on one. It worked today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where every guy on the floor was hot at the same time. I didn’t feel great after the UCF loss because KU played like shit. I don’t even feel bad after this one. WVU was god’s anointed team today. Not much could have been done. KU didn’t even play bad. WVU just played out of their minds.

I watched Battle the other night missing brick after brick. Today he was hitting fadeaway jumpers with a hand in his face many times even while being fouled.

Nobody was beating you today. I’ve never seen such a collection of unlikely bounces and ridiculous shots in my life. WVU Doesn’t run any offense at all. Just a bunch of one on one. It worked today. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where every guy on the floor was hot at the same time. I didn’t feel great after the UCF loss because KU played like shit. I don’t even feel bad after this one. WVU was god’s anointed team today. Not much could have been done. KU didn’t even play bad. WVU just played out of their minds.

I watched Battle the other night missing brick after brick. Today he was hitting fadeaway jumpers with a hand in his face many times even while being fouled.

we have a video coordinator as a head coach... what do u expect?

McCullar should have been fouled out in the 1st half. Dude got every call under the sun

Battle is crazy talented. Dont be surprised by him hitting tough shots.

we have a video coordinator as a head coach... what do u expect?

McCullar should have been fouled out in the 1st half. Dude got every call under the sun

Everybody should have. They were letting a lot of shit go. That miss on the Furphy 3 was one of the most blatant misses I’ve ever seen. And then weirdly after letting so much contact go all game, they called a foul on a clean strip that should have tied the game up with twenty seconds to go.

Wvu is gonna be a scary team in the big 12 tourney. About to get jesse back. Just learning how to play together.

Everybody should have. They were letting a lot of shit go. That miss on the Furphy 3 was one of the most blatant misses I’ve ever seen. And then weirdly after letting so much contact go all game, they called a foul on a clean strip that should have tied the game up with twenty seconds to go.

🤣 ur really trying to make excuses for losing to a team that has no coach and a brand new roster that hasnt played one single game at full strength... including tonight.

At some point you have to say congrats and keep it moving.

Can’t remember a KU team playing with such little energy and effort in a competitive game from tip to buzzer. Was a weird game.

Wvu is gonna be a scary team in the big 13 tourney. About to get jesse back. Just learning how to play together.

You won’t. I don’t see it at all. You didn’t really play together. You played some decent defense in the 2nd half but it was all energy. Offensively you didn’t run anything. You just hit shots. You’re a 29% team from 3. You can’t rely on hitting 66% from three and hitting fadeaway jumpers to win games when you’re a team that usually struggles to hit jump shots. Most of the time it’s gonna not work out for you. If y’all start running some offense sure. UCF has some players and I after they beat us I felt like they had potential and had been underperforming to that point. I don’t get that feeling with WVU. Ya got hot and you hit an insane amount of tough shots and still squeaked by.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
🤣 ur really trying to make excuses for losing to a team that has no coach and a brand new roster that hasnt played one single game at full strength... including tonight.

At some point you have to say congrats and keep it moving.
No excuses. This wasn’t about KU playing bad like at UCF, though UCF had a lot to do with KU playing bad. This wasn’t that. This was WVU hitting a bunch of unlikely shots. The ball was bouncing your way. It happens.

You won’t. I don’t see it at all. You didn’t really play together. You played some decent defense in the 2nd half but it was all energy. Offensively you didn’t run anything. You just hit shots. You’re a 29% team from 3. You can’t rely on hitting 66% from three and hitting fadeaway jumpers to win games when you’re a team that usually struggles to hit jump shots. Most of the time it’s gonna not work out for you. If y’all start running some offense sure. UCF has some players and I after they beat us I felt like they had potential and had been underperforming to that point. I don’t get that feeling with WVU. Ya got hot and you hit an insane amount of tough shots and still squeaked by.

🤣 We didnt have maybe our best player (who is our only true big )and that current roster has played like 5 games together.

Seriously sour grapes

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
🤣 We didnt have maybe our best player (who is our only true big )and that current roster has played like 5 games together.

Seriously sour grapes
The way everyone else played today you might have lost with him. He might be your best player most days, but who is he replacing today? Is he going to go 6-7 from 3 and hit guarded fadeaway jumpers all game long?

And not sour. I was sour after the UCF loss. Not this one. This was just bad luck for KU or good luck for WVU.

If KU and WVU take all those same shots again on any other night KU wins and probably handily. That’s basketball.

The way everyone else played today you might have lost with him. He might be your best player most days, but who is he replacing today? Is he going to go 6-7 from 3 and hit guarded fadeaway jumpers all game long?

Just making up stats now? Battle was 3-7 from 3... not 6-7. Nice try though.

Honestly... we just looked more talented postion by positon other than the 5 and that's because Jesse Edwards didnt play.

Dickinson is a huge liability in pick and roll. He got ate up by Patrick Suemnick.

Just making up stats now? Battle was 3-7 from 3... not 6-7. Nice try though.

Honestly... we just looked more talented postion by positon other than the 5 and that's because Jesse Edwards didnt play.

Dickinson is a huge liability in pick and roll. He got ate up by Patrick Suemnick.
Nah I’ve seen you guys play. You didn’t really do anything different. Difference is you hit a lot of shots. Shots you normally miss. A lot of shots that MOST people miss. Your guys took a lot of shots today that would have most coaches pulling out their hair out because they aren’t good shots. But you hit them today. So congrats. And no you aren’t remotely close to more talented. And this isn’t a very talented KU team. Battle is it but he’s like Love from North Carolina a couple years ago. He can shoot you out of a game just as likely as win one for you. He won one for you today.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Nah I’ve seen you guys play. You didn’t really do anything different. Difference is you hit a lot of shots. Shots you normally miss. A lot of shots that MOST people miss. Your guys took a lot of shots today that would have most coaches pulling out their hair out because they aren’t good shots. But you hit them today. So congrats. And no you aren’t remotely close to more talented. And this isn’t a very talented KU team. Battle is it but he’s like Love from North Carolina a couple years ago. He can shoot you out of a game just as likely as win one for you. He won one for you today.

Not even reading this...

Youre making up stats and talking out of your ass.

Battle was 7-14 from the field and 3-7 from 3 and you act like he couldn't miss and played out of his mind. The kid is a NBA talent and played an average game.

You had some balding white kid playing out of his mind. McCullar couldnt miss

This team is still not full strength and just learning how to play together. If we have Jesse we win by double digits.

Today was a massive disappointment from an effort level stance for KU on defense and boards. KJ and Harris didn’t look like they were in the game mentally at all. Hunter was slow and got abused in PnR and loose balls. Furphy had up and down game but bled freshman mistakes late in the game. McCullar was great and Timberlake was a bright spot.

This KU team doesn’t have the margin of error to play with such little effort and energy like this did today. Especially when a team gets hot like WVU did.

Reactions: KisteK
Not even reading this...

Youre making up stats and talking out of your ass.

Battle was 7-14 from the field and 3-7 from the field and you act like he couldn't miss and played out of his mind. The kid is a NBA talent and played an average game.

This team is still not full strength and just learning how to play together. If we have Jesse we win by double digits.
He missed a couple late finally. But every shot he hit was a very difficult shot.

And I’m not making up stats. What are you talking about? My point above was who is your guy going to replace? He’s have to have an insane night to be better than anybody who was out there, because everyone was hot.

He missed a couple late finally. But every shot he hit was a very difficult shot.

And I’m not making up stats. What are you talking about? My point above was who is your guy going to replace? He’s have to have an insane night to be better than anybody who was out there, because everyone was hot.

You said he was 6-7 from 3... he was 3-7

You had some balding white kid making everything. McCullar shouldve been fouled out in the 1st half and was making everthing.

Dickinson got abused by a 6'8 guy who was never expected to be a contributor.

• Love
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
This years Kansas is not a great shooting team I could see them getting bounced earlier than usual in the tourney

This team has 2nd round blowout loss written all over it. They’ve had issues this year with consistent effort and losing composure for stretches of games which is amazing for a team with 4 veterans with so many games under their belt.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
You said he was 6-7 from 3... he was 3-7

You had some balding white kid making everything. McCullar shouldve been fouled out in the 1st half and was making everthing.

Dickinson got abused by a 6'8 guy who was never expected to be a contributor.
I didn’t say anyone went 6-7. WTF are you talking about?

And that balding white kid hit 2 out of 5. He’s a 40% three point shooter.

I didn’t say anyone went 6-7. WTF are you talking about?

And that balding white kid hit 2 out of 5. He’s a 40% three point shooter.

When talking about battle, you said...

"Is he going to go 6-7 from 3 and hit guarded fadeaway jumpers all game long?"

This years Kansas is not a great shooting team I could see them getting bounced earlier than usual in the tourney
No they aren’t a good shooting team. And not overly athletic at guard. Losing Morris before the season changed the dynamic of this team a lot. The only reason KU is where they are is because Self coaches them up and Dickinson/McCullar have been playing lights out for the most part.

When talking about battle, you said...

"Is he going to go 6-7 from 3 and hit guarded fadeaway jumpers all game long?"
I wasn’t talking about Battle. I was asking what this new guy was going to do that would be better than what was on the court. Is he going to go 6-7? My point was that he’d have to play one of his best games ever to be better than the guys who were on the court today. Everybody was in the zone today. That RARELY happens. If he had played he might have thrown the whole dynamic off. My point was that he wasn’t going to be better than anyone else out there. He’d have to go 6-7 and hit other crazy shots to improve your outcome today.

I wasn’t talking about Battle. I was asking what this new guy was going to do that would be better than what was on the court. Is he going to go 6-7? My point was that he’d have to play one of his best games ever to be better than the guys who were on the court today. Everybody was in the zone today. That RARELY happens. If he had played he might have thrown the whole dynamic off.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

I wasn’t talking about Battle. I was asking what this new guy was going to do that would be better than what was on the court. Is he going to go 6-7? My point was that he’d have to play one of his best games ever to be better than the guys who were on the court today. Everybody was in the zone today. That RARELY happens. If he had played he might have thrown the whole dynamic off. My point was that he wasn’t going to be better than anyone else out there. He’d have to go 6-7 and hit other crazy shots to improve your outcome today.

DIckinson is just a giant liability to everything kansas wants to do defensively... he's bad.

Suemnick had 20 on basically all p&r layups

Sorry you misinterpreted what I said. You could just say “oh I’m sorry I misread what you said” and I could say “oh that’s cool I can see how you might have read it that way”. But we could go down this path too.

Sorry you misinterpreted what I said. You could just say “oh I’m sorry I misread what you said” and I could say “oh that’s cool I can see how you might have read it that way”. But we could go down this path too.

Just stop dude... you were talking about how battle couldnt miss and literally said 6-7 from 3 and made every contested fade away.

You clearly looked at the box score and saw his 6-7 from the ft line and thought it was from 3.

DIckinson is just a giant liability to everything kansas wants to do defensively... he's bad.

Suemnick had 20 on basically all p&r layups
That is because you guys were hitting nearly everything you threw up. We had to double and get up in their grill. This opens the lane. Hunter is fine with switching but he lacks in one on one defense when he’s put in that situation. When a team is that hit it’s either get burned one way or the other.

That is because you guys were hitting nearly everything you threw up. We had to double and get up in their grill. This opens the lane. Hunter is fine with switching but he lacks in one on one defense when he’s put in that situation. When a team is that hit it’s either get burned one way or the other.

We get wide open 3's and layups because dickinson gets lost on D every trip down the floor.

Patrick Suemnick scored 20 on him... all layups and dunks. Patrick f'ing Suemnick!

Just stop dude... you were talking about how battle couldnt miss and literally said 6-7 from 3 and made every contested fade away.

You clearly looked at the box score and saw his 6-7 from the ft line and thought it was from 3.
No I just threw “6-7” out there randomly. I didn’t look at the box score. I was asking you what this guy was going to do that was better than what was on the floor because you seemed to suggest that him being out impacted the game. I never said Battle did shit. You’re making that shit up on your head. I was going to say “I can see how you might think that was what I meant” but since you’ve just decided to be a dick about it I’ll say nah. If anybody was making up stats it was you saying the bald dude hit everything. He went 2-5 and every shot was wide open. Average shooting performance for him.

And I came to this board originally to say “congrats WVU” but the first post was you talking shit so that changes. I’d still say it if there was more than one WVU fan around here.

No I just threw “6-7” out there randomly. I didn’t look at the box score. I was asking you what this guy was going to do that was better than what was on the floor because you seemed to suggest that him being out impacted the game. I never said Battle did shit. You’re making that shit up on your head. I was going to say “I can see how you might think that was what I meant” but since you’ve just decided to be a dick about it I’ll say nah. If anybody was making up stats it was you saying the bald dude hit everything. He went 2-5 and every shot was wide open. Average shooting performance for him.

And I came to this board originally to say “congrats WVU” but the first post was you talking shit so that changes. I’d still say it if there was more than one WVU fan around here.

Stay Mad GIF

Is it me or are KU fans all of a sudden so sensitive that they can't give props to the team that beat them? It's not hard giving props when you lose, it's not like you played and you could of made a difference.

Meh his first post was talking shit. I was gonna say congrats and give props but doogie changed my mind on that. I did go congratulate folks after the UCF loss and will after any other loss. But it’s tough to take the higher ground when he’s talking shit and I’m dealing with this ungodly migraine.

ADVERTISEMENT