ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard

It looked like Howard grabbed Gard by the collar of his jacket and eventually let go. After that things went south in a hurry as Howard jumped across and slapped one of the Wisconsin assistant coaches. I don't see how there's not a lengthy suspension given to Howard as well as the other players who threw punches during the scrum. Going back to Howard, he could easily be dismissed after this incident.

It looked like Howard grabbed Gard by the collar of his jacket and eventually let go. After that things went south in a hurry as Howard jumped across and slapped one of the Wisconsin assistant coaches. I don't see how there's not a lengthy suspension given to Howard as well as the other players who threw punches during the scrum. Going back to Howard, he could easily be dismissed after this incident.

Yep. Gard deserves 1 game suspension for his part in it but Howard deserves multiple game suspensions. He clearly said something that offended Gard as he refused to shake his hand then threw/grabbed the assistants face escalating it from war of words to punches thrown. Just can’t lose your cool as a coach like that.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Yep. Gard deserves 1 game suspension for his part in it but Howard deserves multiple game suspensions. He clearly said something that offended Gard as he refused to shake his hand then threw/grabbed the assistants face escalating it from war of words to punches thrown. Just can’t lose your cool as a coach like that.
Agree 100%. What an embarrassing mess in all.

Reactions: Disco Hat
Not sure what Gard did wrong. Forced him to shake his hand I guess. I don’t like Gard though so wouldn’t mind him being punished. Wasn’t Howard pressing the backups? No reason for him to be the one mad. He is just a sore loser who can’t control his emotions. This is not the first time for him.

Maybe they will make a big offer to Hubert.

Then you're not looking. Bigot
DependableMadeupArmadillo-size_restricted.gif

With 48 seconds to play and Wisconsin up 76-57, Gard called a timeout to get his starters off the floor and insert his bench players, including several walk-ons, into the game. Michigan was still playing hard and employing a full-court press defense. Wisconsin’s inexperienced players struggled to advance the ball up the floor and turned it over, leading to a Michigan layup.

With 15 seconds to go, Gard called another timeout to make sure the players on the floor could break the press and advance the ball past half-court. No matter the reasoning, that timeout seemed to irk Howard.

He felt the need to defend himself from Gard so he hit Wisconsin Asst Coach Joe Krabbenhoft in the face?

ADVERTISEMENT