ADVERTISEMENT

Jarms24

You crack me up. Just because other students could take it doesn't mean athletes weren't pushed into those classes to stay eligible. Your denial is strong.

Assuming what you say is true (and it is not), then are you claiming it is a violation to push athletes into classes?

Assuming what you say is true (and it is not), then are you claiming it is a violation to push athletes into classes?

Right, because pushing athletes into priority classes was something the university was actually told to do by the NCAA. The same NCAA who later said that was one of the things they were looking into. You know, doing what they told us to do.

Reactions: UNC71-00
If you think Duke has higher standards for athletes, then anything I would ever have to say on the matter would be lost on you.

Everyone in P5 recruits the same athletes, especially the top tier schools going after the top tier athletes and academics are irrelevant when doing so.

You people really are naive or just plain stupid.

They might go after the same athletes but to say academics don’t play a role is demonstrably false. Case in point, Deontay Anderson was going to transfer to Michigan from Ole Miss but doesn’t qualify at Michigan. I’m pretty sure he will end up at another P5 school.

Everyone in P5 recruits the same athletes, especially the top tier schools going after the top tier athletes and academics are irrelevant when doing so.

You finally post something I agree with you on, then you go and spoil it by calling someone stupid. If you could stop doing that, I could enjoy your posts more.

They might go after the same athletes but to say academics don’t play a role is demonstrably false. Case in point, Deontay Anderson was going to transfer to Michigan from Ole Miss but doesn’t qualify at Michigan. I’m pretty sure he will end up at another P5 school.

Transfers are different than high school recruits. Furthermore the "transcripts" excuse often is used when a coach may have another reason for taking a pass.

It will be interesting though to see where he goes.

You finally post something I agree with you on, then you go and spoil it by calling someone stupid. If you could stop doing that, I could enjoy your posts more.

If y'all will quit being stupid and purposefully obtuse when discussing Carolina and the NCAA, then I will quit calling y'all stupid.

The case is over. Carolina was investigated by the NCAA and found not to have broken any NCAA rules. No cheating. You guys are just making it worse on yourself by trying to argue otherwise.

If y'all will quit being stupid and purposefully obtuse when discussing Carolina and the NCAA, then I will quit calling y'all stupid.

The case is over. Carolina was investigated by the NCAA and found not to have broken any NCAA rules. No cheating. You guys are just making it worse on yourself by trying to argue otherwise.

There you go again. Eyeroll

Transfers are different than high school recruits. Furthermore the "transcripts" excuse often is used when a coach may have another reason for taking a pass.

It will be interesting though to see where he goes.

Michigan has the grades problem with high school recruits sometimes, to.

No doubt that Michigan bends their entry requirements for athletes (and I'd say by a lot) over regular students, but it's still easier for an athlete with poor education history to get into a lot of other schools than Michigan.

You are not getting the last word. To the victor goes the spoils.
I'm not going to call you an idiot, I think that you've been fed so much shit over the years at UNC that you no longer smell it.

I'm not going to call you an idiot, I think that you've been fed so much shit over the years at UNC that you no longer smell it.

Did your boy @KyFaninNC tap out?

Remind me again of who the NCAA has found guilty of LOIC. Or was UK only the first recipient of the death penalty?

And after you are done looking that up, let me know what the NCAA said about Carolina a few months ago.

Smell that, son.

You always go back to no one will like us, people laughing, no respect. I’ll say it again. We don’t care boil man! Laughing

This is exactly my point! UNCheat fans don’t care what happened or who likes them as long as they win! Win at all cost, the real Carolina Way!!!Laughing

Reactions: Boilermaker03

Yeah, that has happened at UNC before. I know we have had at least two I know of end up at P5 schools when UNC wouldn't accept them. UNC and Michigan are both very good schools though.

Yeah, that has happened at UNC before. I know we have had at least two I know of end up at P5 schools when UNC wouldn't accept them. UNC and Michigan are both very good schools though.

yeah so saying academics are irrelevant is mistaken IMO

yeah so saying academics are irrelevant is mistaken IMO

I think the guys who generally don't get accepted to one school and then get in somewhere else are pretty scarce these days. However, it happens. So yes, it isn't a huge deal but in certain cases can matter.

dont forget ACTUAL death threats to a unc professor who was a threat to their banners. Espin wasn't interested though. the unc matter that ncaa and unc stalled for 7 years would have been settled in less than 7 hours at ky. as soon as skippers copter landed cal would have been fired and the basketball progam banned forever. If the pj hairston thing happ[ened under cals watch give it 7 minutes.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Did your boy @KyFaninNC tap out?

Remind me again of who the NCAA has found guilty of LOIC. Or was UK only the first recipient of the death penalty?

And after you are done looking that up, let me know what the NCAA said about Carolina a few months ago.

Smell that, son.
A few rogue players shaving points for fun and profit does not equate to 20+ years of institutional cheating involving several coaches and numerous administrators.

Dirtiest program of all time, hands down.

Reactions: Scotty00
A few rogue players shaving points for fun and profit does not equate to 20+ years of institutional cheating involving several coaches and numerous administrators.

Dirtiest program of all time, hands down.

Not even close. No sanctions for us and you guys made the cover of SI (Kentucky Shame). Tell me this, what was the final ruling on that scandal compared to UNC’s?

You haven’t told me anything! I knew from day one nothing would happen to UNCheat and that UNCheat fans didn’t care about anything but winning!!!! You can scream all day you don’t care what people think of UNC and that we are mad all you want but like I said, I knew nothing would happen to UNCheat and I’m pretty sure UNC fans are the ones mad because you all know exactly how everyone in the sports world looks at you and your basketball team. From Dean Smith all the way up to Roy Williams people only see cheating. You say you don’t care then great because we don’t care that you don’t care. We all know what went on including UNC fans so say what you want but remember, OJ was found innocent too!

You haven’t told me anything! I knew from day one nothing would happen to UNCheat and that UNCheat fans didn’t care about anything but winning!!!! You can scream all day you don’t care what people think of UNC and that we are mad all you want but like I said, I knew nothing would happen to UNCheat and I’m pretty sure UNC fans are the ones mad because you all know exactly how everyone in the sports world looks at you and your basketball team. From Dean Smith all the way up to Roy Williams people only see cheating. You say you don’t care then great because we don’t care that you don’t care. We all know what went on including UNC fans so say what you want but remember, OJ was found innocent too!

All that to say you don’t care but you do and you know why? Because you keep replying. RollLaugh

You are not getting the last word. To the victor goes the spoils.
This thread is never going to end. Bring up jarms and a couple of UNC/UK fans battle it out for the last word.

How about the last one to post loses. Everyone else couldn't care less about posting the same stuff over and over and moved on.

please don't let this be the last post.

I always enjoy when someone is pushed to insults.

Yea. Usually means they are too personally involved, or they are 14 years old, or they have nothing left to debate.

Most people always felt like the NCAA would NOT hit UNC with penalties. It had went on too long, the cowards at NCAA are hesitant to yank down banners and take 18 years of wins away, so they do nothing.

It is over and done now and I have moved on from it. However, it is fun to yank a chain and watch the dogs bark away at nothing. Laughing

This is exactly my point! UNCheat fans don’t care what happened or who likes them as long as they win! Win at all cost, the real Carolina Way!!!Laughing

We only care what happened if we did something to care about.

You are right though- we definitely don't worry about who likes us.

Yea. Usually means they are too personally involved, or they are 14 years old, or they have nothing left to debate.

Most people always felt like the NCAA would NOT hit UNC with penalties. It had went on too long, the cowards at NCAA are hesitant to yank down banners and take 18 years of wins away, so they do nothing.

It is over and done now and I have moved on from it. However, it is fun to yank a chain and watch the dogs bark away at nothing. Laughing

Personally involved but you keep talking. If you moved on you wouldn’t comment on it. Eyeroll

Not even close. No sanctions for us and you guys made the cover of SI (Kentucky Shame). Tell me this, what was the final ruling on that scandal compared to UNC’s?
No sanctions means you weren't punished for the cheating we all know occured, it doesn't mean you didn''t cheat.

What does Kentucky have to do with what UNC did?

Your third grade deflections and excuses only work on other UNC fans who refuse to accept the truth.

No sanctions means you weren't punished for the cheating we all know occured, it doesn't mean you didn''t cheat.

Your third grade deflections and excuses only work on other UNC fans who refuse to accept the truth.
Unfortunately, the truth is irrelevant here. What people need to accept is the outcome. It is final and the longer people dwell on it, the more it takes away from other things in life.

Fck unc and all, but fck this non stop bickering as well.

You’re not to smart ynnot. Let me refresh your memory. You said UNC is the dirtiest program in history and then I replied. Fill in the narrative and if you can’t you’re either young, stupid or both. Also we have no excuses because no cheating occurred. Deal with it SmokinSmile

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT