ADVERTISEMENT

Jarms24

Might need to erect a virtual statue that sits at the top of this boards page in the form of Jarms avatar. He has truly rustled jimmies to the point of no return.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Jarms is a fraud and a puss to be sure, but I don't really think about him until one of y'all starts a thread about him.

The only thing that really bothers people around here is that you boys and girls convinced yourselves that Carolina cheated and the facts showed that your allegations were wrong. People don't like to be wrong after convincing themselves they were right- look at how the left has carried on since losing the election. Very similar behavior.

Jarms is a fraud and a puss to be sure, but I don't really think about him until one of y'all starts a thread about him.

The only thing that really bothers people around here is that you boys and girls convinced yourselves that Carolina cheated and the facts showed that your allegations were wrong. People don't like to be wrong after convincing themselves they were right- look at how the left has carried on since losing the election. Very similar behavior.
The majority of this thread is not even about jarms, it’s guys taking advantage of the opportunity to bash UNC and then you guys defending them. Most of the jarms talk for the last couple of pages is people saying how great of a jimmy rustler he is because the thread is 3-4 pages long. One of those posters joined this weekend and claims not to be him. It’s a weird thread.

The majority of this thread is not even about jarms, it’s guys taking advantage of the opportunity to bash UNC and then you guys defending them. Most of the jarms talk for the last couple of pages is people saying how great of a jimmy rustler he is because the thread is 3-4 pages long. One of those posters joined this weekend and claims not to be him. It’s a weird thread.

Yes, this is in the top 1 of dumb things that happen on this board. Someone brings up a topic, people discuss, then the people who didn't bring it up are somehow the ones obsessive about the topic they didn't care about enough to bring up but think is worth poking fun at. I think the whole 'jimmy rustler' phenomena here is really weird. I can't quite figure it out. I feel pretty strongly my middle-schooler would love it though.

With the UNC scandal, you'll always have A) people who are upset by it and like to discuss it and B) UNC fans who will argue about it.

The story is basically over... gotta admit, I've usually tried to stay out of it. No point; it isn't something where UNC fans and non-UNC fans will ever find common ground. So be it.

And yeah, the jimmy rustle thing isn't always used properly. If you bring something up, and people discuss it, it doesn't mean that anything is rustled, even if they write several sentences about it. You've got to look for signs of emotion (emotionally-rich words, exclamation points, all caps, etc) to figure out if someone is really upset, or just... discussing.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne

Correct on all counts. Most of these guys are just a tad bit deranged.

@jarms24 if i make a poll on you coming back would you honor the results?
we are a democracy
my money would be on you getting voted in

I truly think almost everyone would welcome him back. The UNC fans even said they wanted him back, but he has to honor a sig bet. Seems fair to me.

Of course. But we all know he doesn't have the balls for that.

I want jarms back because he’s the smartest Kentucky fan who believes every conspiracy involving reasons why Kentucky did not succeed.

Higgins last year
Wisconsin game in 2015
NCAA committee every year
AFH home cooking in 2016

He was there for all of them. And he was a solid poster for the most part. Got a little cocky towards the end, and it’s shameful that he chose to take the cowards way out, but I’d like him back. Mainly for the March lulz though.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I want jarms back because he’s the smartest Kentucky fan who believes every conspiracy involving reasons why Kentucky did not succeed.

Higgins last year
Wisconsin game in 2015
NCAA committee every year
AFH home cooking in 2016

He was there for all of them. And he was a solid poster for the most part. Got a little cocky towards the end, and it’s shameful that he chose to take the cowards way out, but I’d like him back. Mainly for the March lulz though.

actually he did just the opposite, he is honoring his bet he lost
you can't rag on a man for showing integrity

maybe we should just have a poll for UNC fans to see if they want to release him from his payment of that bet

actually he did just the opposite, he is honoring his bet he lost
you can't rag on a man for showing integrity

maybe we should just have a poll for UNC fans to see if they want to release him from his payment of that bet
I was under the impression that he had two bets to honor and instead of compromising with the winners of both of them he just had himself banned from the board. It’s what I read on here atleast.

I was under the impression that he had two bets to honor and instead of compromising with the winners of both of them he just had himself banned from the board. It’s what I read on here atleast.

i think that is pretty close to the situation
it looks like he is honoring his bet
maybe the UNC fans will release him from the payment of that bet

i think that is pretty close to the situation
it looks like he is honoring his bet
maybe the UNC fans will release him from the payment of that bet

I think ban-bets are dumb. You should be forced to face the music with a pic or sig bet. I don't know who ban-bet with him but I'm guessing they'd let him out of it if he had to make good with the other option(s).

Reactions: KisteK
Jarms was a good dude that went way overboard with the UNC scandal. You would have thought he would have realized there was no chance the NCAA would have brought down real penalties.

I didn't have a bet with him. I couldn't care less what he does (or anyone else tbh). I'm pretty sure both of us were pretty cordial with our back and forth in any thread that didn't involve UNC. Personally, I think he needed to not be here for his own reasons. Maybe he is ready to come back. IDK

I really don't understand. The NCAA investigated, concluded that nothing was wrong and you people still think something happened.

You remind me of guys who would not only blame a ref for a loss, but would stalk him at his business and home. What kind of people do this?

I really don't understand. The NCAA investigated, concluded that nothing was wrong and you people still think something happened.

You remind me of guys who would not only blame a ref for a loss, but would stalk him at his business and home. What kind of people do this?

This was exactly my point when UK hired Cal and UNC fans said “we don’t care what the NCAA says we know Cal is guilty of cheating.” What’s the difference now? We all know what went on at UNC and we all know they paid out their ass and used some loopholes to stay outta trouble! Feel good about your program!!!!

How is that selling your soul? Oh I forgot, I should be mad because UNC didn’t receive any penalties. Eyeroll

They didn't conclude nothing was wrong, they concluded that it wasn't in their scope to do anything about it.

There was an independent group that looked into the issue before the NCAA investigation concluded and they found that the classes were "paper classes" I.E. fake. Student athletes were major benefactors of the class with many having an average GPA of ~1.91 and receiving a ~3.61 in that one class. The classes were only there to boost athletes GPA that would have been otherwise ineligible.

The NCAA didn't rule on it because they determined that they didn't want to be the ones deciding what classes schools can offer, or some BS along those lines.

So again, if you are ok with your school whoring out their academic status in order to win some basketball games then you have very low standards.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article...ort-reveals-extent-of-academic-scandal-at-unc

Apparently this went on for decades.

Last edited:

There is no doubt Carolina cheated. Louisville would have been ok with the NCAA if they had offered prostitutes to not only basketball players but also a few regular students at the same time. Does that make you feel better?

There was an independent group that looked into the issue before the NCAA did and they concluded that the classes were "paper classes" I.E. fake. Student athletes were major benefactors of the class with many having an average GPA of ~1.6 and receiving a ~3.6 in that one class.

My GPA numbers could be off a touch but the point was that the class was only there to boost athletes GPA that would have been otherwise ineligible.

The NCAA didn't rule on it because they determined that they didn't want to be the ones deciding what classes schools can offer, or some BS along those lines.

So again, if you are ok with your school whoring out their academic status in order to win some basketball games then you have very low standards.

The way I see the UNC situation is this: 2 cops see a man shoot and kill another man on the street, they arrest him, killer gets a LAWYER, lawyer discovers that killer was not read his Miranda rights, goes to judge, judge dismisses case, killer is set free. Now, because he was set free, does that change the fact that he killed a man? No. He did kill the man, he got off because of a technicality. That is how I see the UNC fiasco, they cheated, everyone knows they cheated, but they got off because of a bylaw, that was inserted in 2016 btw, figure that one out. However the fans keep saying they were innocent, no, you are guilty, just not penalized.

The way I see the UNC situation is this: 2 cops see a man shoot and kill another man on the street, they arrest him, killer gets a LAWYER, lawyer discovers that killer was not read his Miranda rights, goes to judge, judge dismisses case, killer is set free. Now, because he was set free, does that change the fact that he killed a man? No. He did kill the man, he got off because of a technicality. That is how I see the UNC fiasco, they cheated, everyone knows they cheated, but they got off because of a bylaw, that was inserted in 2016 btw, figure that one out. However the fans keep saying they were innocent, no, you are guilty, just not penalized.
And that’s all that matters.

They didn't conclude nothing was wrong, they concluded that it wasn't in their scope to do anything about it.

There was an independent group that looked into the issue before the NCAA investigation concluded and they found that the classes were "paper classes" I.E. fake. Student athletes were major benefactors of the class with many having an average GPA of ~1.91 and receiving a ~3.61 in that one class. The classes were only there to boost athletes GPA that would have been otherwise ineligible.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article...ort-reveals-extent-of-academic-scandal-at-unc

Apparently this went on for decades.

You can quote everything you can find but it doesn’t matter. The ruling won’t change, you and the UK fans posting in this thread are butthurt. Have you all tried calling the NCAA about your concerns? If so let us know how that turns out.

Last edited:
This was exactly my point when UK hired Cal and UNC fans said “we don’t care what the NCAA says we know Cal is guilty of cheating.” What’s the difference now? We all know what went on at UNC and we all know they paid out their ass and used some loopholes to stay outta trouble! Feel good about your program!!!!

That is what UK fans said when Cal was hired at Memphis. I understand the confusion though.

It is pretty easy to feel good about our program though. So thanks I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT