ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Johnson

coryfly

Aug 7, 2007
'Opted out' of the rest of the year. I would assume Duke fans are happy about this tbh. They seem to play better without him.

No way in hell I’d walk away and leave my team hanging like that. Don’t know his reasons for doing so but that’s pretty shallow.

Reactions: AWilli6995
He has been an issue everywhere he has been. Three or four different high schools. Not sure how he was even eligible. I think his teammates hate him, lol.

Reactions: Scotty00
I sense a Coach K back spasm coming on.
tenor.gif

I was impressed with K for actually having the balls to deny an entitled and prized recruit playing time. Sucks at passing, doesn't play defense well. Sucks with the ball in his hand and sucks without the ball in his hand. But I imagine he feels like a victim here. Well, because that's how his generation is taught to feel.

I was impressed with K for actually having the balls to deny an entitled and prized recruit playing time. Sucks at passing, doesn't play defense well. Sucks with the ball in his hand and sucks without the ball in his hand. But I imagine he feels like a victim here. Well, because that's how his generation is taught to feel.
This is what I love about what LH has been able to do here. The highly regarded guys don't expect to play superstar minutes or get superstar statistics.

The main issue is all of these players have their “camps” who all tell them their the best and they need to go showcase their talent. In reality, taking some hard knocks and learning from their mistakes and taking discipline will work out better 99% of the time,

Another player that went to three high schools got eligible immediately at Duke? What a shocker.
It really isn’t that hard to get passing grades in HS. But way to try to change the subject.

You do know that schools have compliance officers, right.
We know Duke has an infamously efficient one.

“Zion, did you turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars just because you love Duke so much?”

“I mean, yes?”

“Congratulations, son, you’ve officially been cleared!”

Reactions: Villian07
This kid shouldn’t even have been in college. He clearly had no interest in school, just let these guys go pro who want to.
I would say that he should have had the option to skip college. But he definitely could have benefitted from the college experience. If he had the work ethic.

Reactions: tw3301
I would say that he should have had the option to skip college. But he definitely could have benefitted from the college experience. If he had the work ethic.

Yeah, I think all of his issues in college are on him.

We know Duke has an infamously efficient one.

“Zion, did you turn down hundreds of thousands of dollars just because you love Duke so much?”

“I mean, yes?”

“Congratulations, son, you’ve officially been cleared!”
Interesting, yet, still not one iota of proof. Sorry, not sorry. And who is talking about Zion on this thread. He was cleared by the NCAA.

This kid shouldn’t even have been in college. He clearly had no interest in school, just let these guys go pro who want to.

He assumingly turned down one of those 6 figure G league contracts like kuminga took. i don’t know they offered him but I’m assuming they offer all the top 10 or so guys but I don’t really know.

Makes you wonder if he really did want to go to college for the experience and exposure, or if duke just upped the g leagues ante.

And lmao at dude still falling on his sword over zion. No proof no proof. DMV records aren’t proof, anyone coulda bout those SUVs. A multi thousand dollar rent increase, maybe mom and dad got a raise at their job. Wait they quit their jobs and moved to Durham to be close to zion, all while improving their living and vehicle situations. Seems above board, Kansas should have no worries in their appeal then.

ADVERTISEMENT