ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Johnson

So, we're now 4-0 without Jalen Johnson in the lineup. 5-8 when he plays. Does the committee factor this into our resume? :D

I would be ok with that if they would also consider UNC getting screwed out of home games as a factor, lol. Maybe both could get in.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Cool. You still have nothing and relied on someone else to make your case. And now you are backpedaling.

Relied on someone else to make my case for me? Like the ford lady that was suing zion. That was the source of the information. You gonna cite me for plagiarism next.

funny how you quote and replied to all my post except the one I copied and posted the allegations against zion.

And backpedaling on what? Zion got paid to go to duke? Nike, agents, whatever, he got compensated. It might not have been anyone employed by duke, but dude wasn’t shopping his services around to Kansas (200k worth) just to decide to go to duke for free. And before u repeat ur proof proof proof rant, just go reread the post about the SUVs, the 9k rent house, and the move to Durham for 8 months that you’ve conveniently ignored.

Or don’t, it’s not like I’m gonna change ur mind. So blinded by fandom you can’t even connect dots a 7 year old could put together.

Last edited:
I would be ok with that if they would also consider UNC getting screwed out of home games as a factor, lol. Maybe both could get in.

Looks like about 90% of the projections on bracketmatrix have UNC in the field. If you take the average seeding, you guys are ahead of 7 other at-large teams. So, you guys are semi-safe at this point. But yes, unbalanced schedules sure have made the season messy. Not sure how the committee is going to sort through all of this.

Relied on someone else to make my case for me? Like the ford lady that was suing zion. That was the source of the information. You gonna cite me for plagiarism next.

funny how you quote and replied to all my post except the one I copied and posted the allegations against zion.

And backpedaling on what? Zion got paid to go to duke? Nike, agents, whatever, he got compensated. It might not have been anyone employed by duke, but dude wasn’t shopping his services around to Kansas (200k worth) just to decide to go to duke for free. And before u repeat ur proof proof proof rant, just go reread the post about the SUVs, the 9k rent house, and the move to Durham for 8 months that you’ve conveniently ignored.

Or don’t, it’s not like I’m gonna change ur mind. So blinded by fandom you can’t even connect dots a 7 year old could put together.
No. Zion did not get paid to go to Duke. Sorry, you can say it as many times as you like, but until you have proof, please stfu.

Unless Duke wins their last 5 games they'll need to win the ACCT to make the NCAAT, imo. I see them finishing the regular season 11-11 at best.

Unless Duke wins their last 5 games they'll need to win the ACCT to make the NCAAT, imo. I see them finishing the regular season 11-11 at best.

11-11 at best? None of the remaining five games are gimmes. But, at the same time, no one should be a huge favorite against us. We've lost all 6 conference games by 7 points or less - and KenPom even projects us to finish at 12-10.

11-11 at best? None of the remaining five games are gimmes. But, at the same time, no one should be a huge favorite against us. We've lost all 6 conference games by 7 points or less - and KenPom even projects us to finish at 12-10.
12-10 wouldn't surprise me that much. I just see losses to UVA, Louisville, and @ UNC. Plus, @ GT certainly isn't guaranteed. Also, never know what Cuse team will show up.

much. I just see losses to UVA, Louisville, and @ UNC. Plus, @ GT certainly isn't guaranteed. Also, never know what Cuse team will show up.

We're inconsistent enough to finish at 10-12. But, maybe talented enough to finish 13-9. I'd be surprised if we lost to both UVA and UL at home, however.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
We're inconsistent enough to finish at 10-12. But, maybe talented enough to finish 13-9. I'd be surprised if we lost to both UVA and UL at home, however.
Virginia can be a head-scratcher. They've really only got one impressive win, where they annihilated Clemson, but they have also been smashed by Gonzaga, VT, and most recently FSU. The vast majority of their wins are against the bottom half of the ACC (and mostly the bottom 3rd). Still, they usually play great defense and Duke plays really bad defense at this point. The Louisville game I think is more of a toss-up. I could see that line being close to even.

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim seems to lean more toward the latter group. During his weekly radio show, the 76-year-old declared that Johnson was "hurting" Duke and the team is "much better now without him."

"He was just doing some things and keeping other people from playing that are good," Boeheim said. "They've had two monster wins since he's opted out and they're playing good basketball. They've got very good talent. You knew they were going to play out of this thing and now they're playing well."

Boeheim is probably right but talking crap about kids like that is kind of a bad look.

Reactions: sgrooms
Jon Scheyer
I-dont-believe-you.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Would Bilas cover this if it was KU? Jeff Goodman would but hes not defending this.

Ppl aren't fools.

Would Bilas cover this if it was KU? Jeff Goodman would but hes not defending this.

Ppl aren't fools.

He probably would, just because he likes to hear himself talk so much. The man loves his soap box.

I also think he made up those quotes that he's outraged against in his tweet. He had this reaction another time phrases like that were used when people questioned the actions of a teen. And I agreed with his point last time that those wouldn't have been used if the kid were white. But I think he's just recycling that reaction here, because I haven't heard those terms/phrases used against Jalen Johnson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT