ADVERTISEMENT

IMO Missouri and Kansas would fit the Big 10 perfect

Enough TV money.

our basketball revenue matches probably the average PAC or ACC team in total by itself. Let alone football from current big 12 contracts.

add another title and it’s just going to continue to grow.

send that invite bruh

Reactions: hawkit3113
Would they bring in that much TV money? St. Louis is already in the BTN footprint because of Illinois (remember nearly a third of the market is IL suburbs). Both would “deliver” Kansas City, but that’s a medium sized market for the Big Ten.

As a FAN only, I’d love Kansas. The basketball addition speaks for itself, and Illinois could use some more football Ws. I’d definitely oppose Mizzou, as we’d lose our preseason rivalries with them - basketball in St. Louis is an awesome atmosphere, and football is starting up again soon.

I doubt either is in the cards, though. I see the Big Ten staying put until the next huge round forces us all into mega conferences … a day I’ll be very sad to see arrive.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
or is it? March madness rules all sporting events.

football is going to be a dying sport my friend. Check how many kids are dropping out of it by the day right now. In 10-15 years things will be different. For now yes, football revenue rules.
Dwarfs basketball

Well, football aside, we are very rich. $200m rich. 4th largest collegiate deal only to UCLA, Ohio state and Texas.

I don’t think any of the others have received any postseason bans that were written into their deals, but KU does like to get creative.

I think 1 and recruiting and roster limitations too.

could be worse. If not for NIL it would be imo
They won’t do much on the scholarship limits piece. If they went with a multiple year ban, it would probably send Self to the NBA and cripple KU for maybe 5 years. Imo, they aren’t going to do that because KU generates too much $$$ for the NCAA.

I think 1 and recruiting and roster limitations too.

could be worse. If not for NIL it would be imo
The recent rumors have been that Self/Townsend may receive a postseason ban for a year or two. Very few believe there will be a team postseason ban.

Based on what again? Funny that you’re about the only person who thinks this, much less “knows.”
Just use some common sense here. L-ville, Zona, LSU, all fired their coaches because of the violations. Oky State got a one year post season ban because of it. KU has given Self a lifetime contract and they were caught dead to rights. KU is getting penalized and a post season ban is included.

The recent rumors have been that Self/Townsend may receive a postseason ban for a year or two. Very few believe there will be a team postseason ban.
Not happening because KU doubled down on Self. The program is getting penalized.

Just use some common sense here. L-ville, Zona, LSU, all fired their coaches because of the violations. Oky State got a one year post season ban because of it. KU has given Self a lifetime contract and they were caught dead to rights. KU is getting penalized and a post season ban is included.
Explain "dead to rights". The supreme court ruled kansas was defrauded and had no knowledge. How does an independent council just disregard and toss out the supreme courts ruling?

Explain "dead to rights". The supreme court ruled kansas was defrauded and had no knowledge. How does an independent council just disregard and toss out the supreme courts ruling?
The Supreme Court upheld NIL. They did no such thing for KU. I am sure The panel will consider that the violations may not be violations now under NIL, but since these other programs have been penalized, KU is going to get penalized.

if KU wasn’t the most penalized program in NCAA history, they might get the benefit of the doubt. The pick pocket claimed that someone else slipped the wallet in his coat but since he had been arrested for being a pick pocket on multiple occasions before, he went to jail.

I wouldn't even mind Iowa St in, but that is massive no go from our conference mates. They see no value in Iowa St. But them fvckers don't have to play you every year. Easier said than done, ehh Wisconsin.

Reactions: KisteK
I wouldn't even mind Iowa St in, but that is massive no go from our conference mates. They see no value in Iowa St. But them fvckers don't have to play you every year. Easier said than done, ehh Wisconsin.
You are not correct on the conference mates statement. Just decided to throw that against the wall and see if it sticks, did ya?

Reactions: hawkit3113
You are not correct on the conference mates statement. Just decided to throw that against the wall and see if it sticks, did ya?

The Big 10 don't want you. And as an Iowa, I don't want to see Iowa St football slip down to the MWC. Lots of money involved in our game and it's good for the state

You go MWC, no reason to play you

I think you're the one who needs to apply common sense. For starters, an independent panel will make the decision. Not the NCAA. And if the case were cut and dry, a decision would have been reached long ago.

The only person who was caught "dead to rights" was Townsend, discussing proposed benefits for a player who didn't even attend KU.

Miller was caught discussing a $100,000 payment for Ayton. Wade was caught discussing an offer for Javonte Smart and accused of directing payments and paying off an athlete's fiancee to silence her. He also obstructed the investigation multiple times.

Not exactly comparing apples to apples here.

Reactions: KisteK and cooljeff
The Supreme Court upheld NIL. They did no such thing for KU. I am sure The panel will consider that the violations may not be violations now under NIL, but since these other programs have been penalized, KU is going to get penalized.

if KU wasn’t the most penalized program in NCAA history, they might get the benefit of the doubt. The pick pocket claimed that someone else slipped the wallet in his coat but since he had been arrested for being a pick pocket on multiple occasions before, he went to jail.
This has nothing to do with NIL. Gassnola and Prestons mother testified that Kansas and Self had no knowledge. (preston also never played). They ruled kansas was the victim.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The Big 10 don't want you. And as an Iowa, I don't want to see Iowa St football slip down to the MWC. Lots of money involved in our game and it's good for the state

You go MWC, no reason to play you
LOL! You drunk this morning? A little early to be hittin the bottle, isn’t it?

This has nothing to do with NIL. Gassnola and Prestons mother testified that Kansas and Self had no knowledge. (preston also never played). They ruled kansas was the victim.
LOL!! Funny how 5 level 1 violations were levied against an program with “no knowledge”.

Evidence also included Gassnola and Self openly discussing adidas helping Kansas recruit players in texts. Per Yahoo, Self wrote in a text to Gassnola, "I’m happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys."

Last edited:
LOL!! Funny how 5 level 1 violations were levied against an program with “no knowledge”.

Evidence also included Gassnola and Self openly discussing adidas helping Kansas recruit players in texts. Per Yahoo, Self wrote in a text to Gassnola, "I’m happy with Adidas. Just got to get a couple real guys."
As Mike Brey said, every coach works the shoe company angle to get players.

Did Self discuss any payments or benefits?

ISU has 40,000 students and is AAU. Top 25 and Solid in both major sports. It’s a much bigger school than Iowa and should be in the B10’honestly. Not saying more is better but it creates a larger alumni and viewer base as a result.

Reactions: KisteK
ISU has 40,000 students and is AAU. Top 25 and Solid in both major sports. It’s a much bigger school than Iowa and should be in the B10’honestly. Not saying more is better but it creates a larger alumni and viewer base as a result.
There are both positives and negatives. ISU already collaborates with the Big 10 Academic Alliance on research projects and is one of very few schools not in the B10 that are doing it. ISU is an AAU member. While ISU is a natural fit from a convenience and travel standpoint, the issue would be no real new markets being brought into the conference. ISU has B10 schools only a couple hours away in 3 directions. Yes, the athletic programs are plenty strong enough to add to the B10, and the school is decent size with a growing fanbase that has the 3rd highest attendance numbers in the B12 for football behind the two departing members. Facilities are more than adequate for the B10.

The new market issue is the holdback for any B10 inclusion conversations.

ADVERTISEMENT