ADVERTISEMENT

GOT

lol @ arguing strategy like it was a basketball game. The whole point of the Dothraki charge was to show how incomprehensibly unbeatable the walkers were. No strategy was going to be successful.

Martin has been cranking out other work, including several Westeros pre-histories. It's like he has some kind of mental block w/ the last 2 in the Fire & Ice series. Either that, or he's trolling us all.

Reactions: GE Nole
I agree with most of this. Devil's advocate, but would they even have gotten the trench lit if it were not so close to the castle walls? They barely got it lit as is, and needed magic to do so.

They should have had multiple trenches and used fire to burn them from both sides. And more arrows - why NOT just hammer these stagnant wights. Unless they only had limited amount of arrows?
They could have lit the trench as soon as the dead arrived. That was before the winter storm arrived.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
lol @ arguing strategy like it was a basketball game. The whole point of the Dothraki charge was to show how incomprehensibly unbeatable the walkers were. No strategy was going to be successful.

Martin has been cranking out other work, including several Westeros pre-histories. It's like he has some kind of mental block w/ the last 2 in the Fire & Ice series. Either that, or he's trolling us all.
I think there were two points of the Dothraki charge.

1. It's who the Dothraki are and how they have always battled. It usually works because it strikes fear into their opponent but obviously had no impact on the dead.
  2. It was a hell of a lot cheaper to film it that way than to have a bunch of CGI horses going down.

I think there were two points of the Dothraki charge.

1. It's who the Dothraki are and how they have always battled. It usually works because it strikes fear into their opponent but obviously had no impact on the dead.
  2. It was a hell of a lot cheaper to film it that way than to have a bunch of CGI horses going down.
1. True to character, yes. It had never failed before (in the TV series), and they had FLAMING SWORDS this time. They were also the first assault, so in some way it's as if there was some unspoken understanding that they were somewhat sacrificial.
2. Nah. Their budget ain't tight. Having Dany and Jon watch their sword-flames get snuffed out was a pretty awesome choice for story-telling. We got plenty of the up-close melee throughout the rest of the episode. It makes sense in every way to mix it up a bit.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life

The Walkers were defeated by a 16 year old girl tho

Reactions: Dattier
I feel like Arya wearing a face and killing Cersei would be the easiest way for the alliance to win this but I don't think the show would use that crutch twice in it's final few episodes. She already got the kill of the NK so I think another hero will be the one to kill Cersei.

Which leads me to..... How will the odds be evened? Cersei has the bigger army, better position, and anti-dragon turrets. There has got to be some sort of flip (Lannister army?) or arrival (Second Sons?) that evens things up a bit.

The fact that it didn't show Drogon in the sky why Euron looked up at the dragon noise has hoping Drogon might not be the last dragon alive. Highly, highly doubtful though.

Reactions: SNU0821
Haha I thought the same thing! You're not even gonna acknowledge ghost, at all? Guy has half a fvcking ear left after going to battle for you, and you just send him away with the wildlings?
We thought the same thing and with only two episodes left, an acknowledgment was enough.

I feel like Arya wearing a face and killing Cersei would be the easiest way for the alliance to win this but I don't think the show would use that crutch twice in it's final few episodes. She already got the kill of the NK so I think another hero will be the one to kill Cersei.

Which leads me to..... How will the odds be evened? Cersei has the bigger army, better position, and anti-dragon turrets. There has got to be some sort of flip (Lannister army?) or arrival (Second Sons?) that evens things up a bit.

The fact that it didn't show Drogon in the sky why Euron looked up at the dragon noise has hoping Drogon might not be the last dragon alive. Highly, highly doubtful though.
I'm guessing Drogon makes it through this whole ordeal. I think Drogon will destroy Euron's fleet and then moves on to KL and destroy's everything. I don't think we've seen the last of Ghost, either. I am thinking we'll see him again.

If not, these directors are straight clowns. Why even waste the screen time / CGI budget... just to have Ghost live through the battle, and then Jon Snow dismiss him from the story.
I bet we see Ghost save Jon or at least get into some action by the end. I agree, it can't end that way.

I found Missandei's death worse than all the deaths in the previous episode put together.

I found Missandei's death worse than all the deaths in the previous episode put together.
No doubt. We expected the previous deaths, but the two main deaths last night were pretty brutal.

Reactions: tw3301
Cersei kills Jaime, Arya kills Cersei with Jaime's face, Mountain kills Arya, Hound kills Mountain, Jon kills Dany.

Tyrion gets KL. Gendry takes Stormlands. Highgarden to Bron. North to Sansa.

My prediction/hope

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Cersei kills Jaime, Arya kills Cersei with Jaime's face, Mountain kills Arya, Hound kills Mountain, Jon kills Dany.

My prediction/hope

Going into this season I would have been completely on board with this, but now I don’t want to see Arya kill both the NK and Cersei.

My prediction/hope

I think greyworm kills either the mountain or Cersei. They really played that angle up.

Maybe the mountain kills the hound and grey worm kills the mountain.

Reactions: brooky03
Did anyone else think it looked like Sansa and the Hound were going to hook up?

Did anyone else think it looked like Sansa and the Hound were going to hook up?

tenor.gif

I figured the episode would be a little slow. The showrunners must have been told to save a little money after the battle of Winterfell as the naval battle took 30 seconds of film. I'm definitely distraught about Missandei's death. She's an absolute smoke show!

On the entertaining front, am I the only one who thought of IU basketball fans when Bran said "Mostly I live in the past"? Somebody with better Photoshop skills than me needs to put an IU hat and candy stripe pants on him and create a meme.

On the entertaining front, am I the only one who thought of IU basketball fans when Bran said "Mostly I live in the past"? Somebody with better Photoshop skills than me needs to put an IU hat and candy stripe pants on him and create a meme.
Did sound a lot funnier in your head? Lol. I think everyone here would rather have old championships than no championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT