ADVERTISEMENT

Fantasy Football Thread

Yeah, the injury factor is a consideration and I am generally skeptical about taking a dude that is coming off an ACL tear. He was primed for a huge season before that though. Granted, he only played 4 games but had he kept that production up he was on track for a 1,400 yard, 8 TD season, just rushing. Tack on probably another 50 catches, 500 yards or so, and another 4-5 TD through the air. Then you have Adams who isn't a volume catch or yardage guy (hovering around top 20 in both) but grabbed 10 TDs last year. If not for those TDs he isn't doing much, and keep in mind they have Jimmy Graham now, who had 10 TDs himself last year and will undoubtedly be stealing some of Adams' redzone TDs.
Adams is hitting his prime and Aaron Rodgers top targets are always top red zone threats.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yea let someone else make that mistake. People forget Graham is 32.
Meh, he still hovered around the top 15 in yardage among TEs and racked up 10 TDs last year, which tied for 8th most in the NFL, 1st among TEs. 32 isn't THAT old for a TE, it's not like he's a running back. Guys like Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates produced well into their mid to late 30s.

Well, if you’re interested we just need 1 more team.

$100 buy in
10 man league
Draft next Tuesday at 6:00 PM CDT
Snake draft, no keepers
Bull is commissioner
Random draft order generator I assume? I would be down for that. OK if I Paypal my buy in like 2 weeks from now or does it have to be before the draft?

Random draft order generator I assume? I would be down for that. OK if I Paypal my buy in like 2 weeks from now or does it have to be before the draft?

I’ve got both your first names so we’ll be good. I’ll send link tomorrow to league.

So now we’re sitting at:

Bull-IU
Jumbo-UK
Moss-UVA
TW-Duke
Spacegrass-UNC
Hawk-Iowa
Schooner-KU
Bignish-Duke
Brooks-Cuse
KB-UK

Not bad.

So now we’re sitting at:

Bull-IU
Jumbo-UK
Moss-UVA
TW-Duke
Spacegrass-UNC
Hawk-Iowa
Schooner-KU
Bignish-Duke
Brooks-Cuse
KB-UK

Not bad.
Is this the first year you guys have done a Rivals league? Also, you better make sure Mossy pays up front.... he's Jewish.

Is this the first year you guys have done a Rivals league? Also, you better make sure Mossy pays up front.... he's Jewish.

It’s our third year I think. And I’m probably the first to pay every year. Most of these guys have to ask their moms for their buyin

Ok hail, we’ve used ESPN and yahoo past two. Think this is the 4th year. Maybe...
This is the 4th year because my team was shit the first year and I've won the regular season the last 2 before shitting the bed in the playoffs.

I don’t remember. I think @829305 won it year 1 and @Spacegrass won it last year.
Pretty sure this is year four. I believe a Dukie has also won it. It started in ESPN and I took the first title. A mutiny was had and commissioner @hailtoyourvictor folded. A charge I believe I headed as we wanted to go to Yahoo and he was stuck on ESPN. A move that now seems foolish, as our new commissioner @Da_Bull came along and went all Rainman on the settings. He was chastised and pulled back some, but he still had some serious monkey math taking place, all proven by the fact that I never won another title. So, I quit.

Good luck to all of you, except Rainman. Winking

Reactions: jhmossy
I was always commish, I got talked into using ESPN first year, it was a pain setting up. I liked their app but actually setting the league up and performing changes was terrible.

Meh, he still hovered around the top 15 in yardage among TEs and racked up 10 TDs last year, which tied for 8th most in the NFL, 1st among TEs. 32 isn't THAT old for a TE, it's not like he's a running back. Guys like Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates produced well into their mid to late 30s.
Gonzalez is a freak of nature. Antonio Gates hasn't been the same in at least 4-5 years. 6'7" TE get their legs destroyed especially in this new NFL where you can't hit high.

ADVERTISEMENT