ADVERTISEMENT

Duke

giphy.gif
I'm guessing you can guess the greatest thing about being a UK fan.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If we're not forcing turnovers, our halfcourt defense becomes very shaky. Would kind of like to see Tre Jones alongside the 4 freshmen a little more. Nothing against Goldwire, but I don't think he needs 30+ minutes a night.

Oh well. In other news, Colorado State is currently beating San Diego State 54-49, with under 9 minutes left. Maybe Dayton will be able to steal one of those 1 seeds.

If we're not forcing turnovers, our halfcourt defense becomes very shaky. Would kind of like to see Tre Jones alongside the 4 freshmen a little more. Nothing against Goldwire, but I don't think he needs 30+ minutes a night.

Oh well. In other news, Colorado State is currently beating San Diego State 54-49, with under 9 minutes left. Maybe Dayton will be able to steal one of those 1 seeds.
I’m shocked we weren’t able to force basically any TOs in the last 5 mins of the game and the 2 OTs. Wake’s poise was impressive.

Without Vernon Carey, Duke is very average. We need him and Tre to stay out of foul trouble in the worse way.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Why did you link me? Are you gay every day? Joking around but seriously, arent' you tired of being smacked around?

You're paranoid, I'm some other poster. Do you think I'm one of those? Which one and why?

Name the reason/poster why or just STFU. I'd tell you to focus more on your imagination, but this is the reason you're in this predicament.

I've tried to give you outs, but it doesn't work. You're that crazy.
I believe YOU linked me first.
I’m just proving to you AGAIN that some UK fans will pull for UL depending on who they’re playing.
You sure get sensitive & your feelings hurt when I prove you wrong.

Once again, Duke was more cohesive as a team than others...in November. Then other teams catch up, and Duke makes no progress whatsoever. It seemingly happens all the time.

It also doesn’t help that this team may be the worst at playing down to the competition that I can remember. At this point I’m just hoping that the 13-seed they play is really weak.

Vanderbilt 2x and ole miss UK was losing at the half. They blew out A&M but UK still has room for improvement.
No doubt, but UK won those games and honestly, who doesn't have room for improvement?

Once again, Duke was more cohesive as a team than others...in November. Then other teams catch up, and Duke makes no progress whatsoever. It seemingly happens all the time.

It also doesn’t help that this team may be the worst at playing down to the competition that I can remember. At this point I’m just hoping that the 13-seed they play is really weak.
I've thought the same thing for several years now. I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe his system requires key guys to stay multiple years.

But yeah, I'm amazed at how well coached Duke is at the start of the season, but I have no idea why they fade the way they do.

Reactions: WojoRising
Cats fans can’t grasp the fact that the Evansville killed their net ranking.
I'm pretty sure we're all aware of it. It's a daily conversation on RR actually, but it's ridiculous how a November loss weighs just as much as what a team has done for the rest of the season.

Reactions: mebeblue2
I still have an open bet that Kansas goes further than Duke in the tourney for a grand. No one took me up on it after the Champions Classic.

A loss to a bad team, is a loss to a bad team. Rather it be in Nov, or late Feb. Coaches cannot pick and choose what games, or months, their teams are gonna lay an egg---or two.

FTR, I don't care when UK plays an Evansville---Nov, Dec, Jan, etc, etc...You should never lose to a team of that caliber----at home. Same with Duke/SFA.
Well, then put UK as a 4 seed, but it's kind of stupid. At some point, common sense has to come into play. Use the eye test and see who is deserving of the higher seeds.
Putting UK as a 4 seed not only punishes UK, but it also punishes the 1 seed in that region. I'm sure the potential 1 seeds would rather not see UK in the SS.

Last edited:
Reactions: mebeblue2
You do realize that movement in the polls is sometimes determined by what others do? Say you are #5.....Lose. But so does #6, 7 and 8. 1-4 wins---stays the same. Odds are, #5 team isn't going to drop all that far. Reasoning? Everyone below them lost as well.

That or it is a conspiracy....Who knows.
Yeah, I do realize that, but when you lose twice in one week, once at home, you have to fall further than 2 spots and I'm sorry, but losing at Auburn shouldn’t garner a 5 position drop.

I mean, there are certain teams they want in certain positions, that much is obvious.

Did you notice Michigan State is back in the rankings this week?.. what a joke. They are 2-4 in their last 6 games. Went 1-2 last week with a win over Nebraska. Does this make sense to you?

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Oh ok.... that’s what I do. I cheer for UK to lose, not for Duke to win.
Nice to know how it works
There’s a lot of things that you don't get.

Stick with me and you'll be shittin' on your own in no time.

According to KenPom, Purdue (with their 14 losses) is 25 and UK is 26. RollLaugh
Exactly. The weighting is off in those models. They weigh SOS, Quad losses and margin of victory too heavily.

Purdon't has a lot of impressive HOME wins, I mean, they have smoked some really good teams at home, but away from home, they suck.

What the f*ck ever. Teams would be on bubble with losing by 22 to NC state, Lose to WF.

Take the favortisims and shove it right up your ass. It's been years. What angle has Duke perfected that other teams haven't caught up on?

As a fan of another team, I'll just own it. They get angles of favoritism. They clearly need it. Duke w/o those angles would be shit. Again, K is brilliant. He's worked all the angles before they were angles.

they're shit now. They should be working but they do. I'm clearly missing a stat or two.Not to hate on Duke, but wonder why others aren't getting the same angle.

I'm 100% being open to learning if a Duke fan is smart enough to explain it. I heard they were smart.

I can do the same with other teams.

It doesn't take any effort to be negative. I was just curious to see if I could make Duke fans feel special.

KU is the team this year. Huge failure if they don't win it all. UK '15 level of not winning it all.

MemorableImprobableFluke-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Well, then put UK as a 4 seed, but it's kind of stupid. At sone point, common sense has to come into play. Use the eye test and see who is deserving of the higher seeds.
Putting UK as a 4 seed not only punishes UK, but it also punishes the 1 seed in that region. I'm sure the potential 1 seeds would rather not see UK in the SS.
The good news is UK has sent higher seeds home on their way to the FF before, including a couple of 1 seeds, making it pretty much irrelevant, So 1 seed . . . 6 seed . . . whatever. Hell make us a 12 seed!

No team is intimidating this season. This season's champion will be so because they had a couple of in-game breaks fall their way, and nothing really more than that AFAIC.

MY point was a few bounces and those are L’s.
But they won every one of them because they're a great free throw shooting team and they're also a very good defensive team. It's not a coincidence.

Well, then put UK as a 4 seed, but it's kind of stupid. At sone point, common sense has to come into play. Use the eye test and see who is deserving of the higher seeds.
I would hate to see Kentucky as a 4 seed in the Midwest when Kansas is the 1. I'd hate to see them as a 2 or 3 in that region as well. No way the committee does that though.

I would actually prefer Kansas be the 1 seed in South, ftr. The Midwest just has way too many quality teams in close proximity to Indianapolis. That's not the case for Houston.

I would hate to see Kentucky as a 4 seed in the Midwest when Kansas is the 1. I'd hate to see them as a 2 or 3 in that region as well. No way the committee does that though.

I would actually prefer Kansas be the 1 seed in South, ftr. The Midwest just has way too many quality teams in close proximity to Indianapolis. That's not the case for Houston.
I think KU is clicking right now. UK COULD beat them, but I think KU wins that game 7 out of 10 times if the game took place today.

I think KU is clicking right now. UK COULD beat them, but I think KU wins that game 7 out of 10 times if the game took place today.
They should win pretty easily. This is probably the best defensive team KU has had in the Self era, and according to KenPom I think it's statistically the best of all time (as of today). A great offense will have a bad night every now and then but usually a great defense plays consistently great from game to game. It took me awhile to warm up to this team but I'm getting to a point where I'm higher on them than I was for any team since 2011. They look fantastic right now.

Reactions: wildcatfan35
They should win pretty easily. This is probably the best defensive team KU has had in the Self era, and according to KenPom I think it's statistically the best of all time (as of today). A great offense will have a bad night every now and then but usually a great defense plays consistently great from game to game. It took me awhile to warm up to this team but I'm getting to a point where I'm higher on them than I was for any team since 2011. They look fantastic right now.
Kansas shouldn't beat Kentucky "pretty easily"

You don't believe that.

I think they'd win 70%+ of the time. Maybe more. Isn't Kentucky's weakness it's backcourt? Defending that is KU's strength. They should beat Kentucky pretty easily more times than not.
Yea, you're just wrong about that. You guys would win more times than not but you're not beating us 70+ and easily. Not gonna waste my time debating if you really believe that.

Yea, you're just wrong about that. You guys would win more times than not but you're not beating us 70+ and easily. Not gonna waste my time debating if you really believe that.
%

and UK would take KU out back behind wood shed, and rape them before shooting them.

Richards and Azubuike equals out. Our three guards(defense) would be the difference.

I guess KU would have their goon come in, for the first time in months, just for 5 fouls.

The only thing that gives me pause is KU's main rotation is 4 guards and Dok. If Dok gets into foul trouble, KU is vulnerable to a team that can neutralize their guards and has bigs that can take over the paint.

Other than that, they've got the best chance to win the whole thing. That win at Baylor was impressive. Heck, both teams were impressive. Baylor never quits, so I hope UK avoids them too.

By "pretty easily," I'm guessing he means that they'd control the game...not that they'd blow them out.

I think they'd win 70%+ of the time. Maybe more. Isn't Kentucky's weakness it's backcourt? Defending that is KU's strength. They should beat Kentucky pretty easily more times than not.
Actually, UK's back court is elite. Quickly dropped 55 points the last two games (30 last night), Maxey is a lottery pick and Hagans might be the best defensive guard in the country.

By "pretty easily," I'm guessing he means that they'd control the game...not that they'd blow them out.
Even so, he said our weakness was our backcourt when in fact its one of the best in the country. Dok would be a load for Richards but Richards would torch Dok in the open court and on breaks. I think Kansas is better, but they would be close games. If they played 100 times, I think Kansas probably wins 60

Would you say a team that maintains a healthy 5-10 point lead for most of the game and ends up winning by around that same amount is a team that won "pretty easily"? I would and I think that is what would happen.

And you guys are crazy for thinking Richards = Azuibuike. Azuibuike is literally the only reason Kansas is doing as well as they have been. He's the most important player on the best team in the country. He's arguably more valuable to his team than anybody in America.

Dok in foul trouble would suck, for sure. But he hasn't really been playing in foul trouble much this season at all. So I don't think we can count on that as a scenario beneficial to UK. I mean, I guess it is, but if that's a way to win then Kentucky doesn't really have much to work with. It would've been like me saying if Anthony Davis had 3 fouls in the first half of the 2012 title game then I see the path for a KU victory.

Even so, he said our weakness was our backcourt when in fact its one of the best in the country. Dok would be a load for Richards but Richards would torch Dok in the open court and on breaks. I think Kansas is better, but they would be close games. If they played 100 times, I think Kansas probably wins 60
I think I've read on here that your PG turns the ball over 3.5 times a game. Is that correct?

ADVERTISEMENT