ADVERTISEMENT

Duke

Other than KU and Baylor, who else actually has faced and beaten elite teams? Probably some BIG10 teams, but mist of those will be home games.

Looking at the top teams in the Big East, there are some good wins, but they're all followed up with home losses.

Not too many teams are going into LSU and TT and coming out with a W. They may not be elite teams, but they are pretty damn good at home.

Since the loss to Ohio State in late December, UK has been on a tear, they have won the games they were supposed to win and a few they weren't favored to win.

When you look at the teams rated ahead of UK, there aren't too many that can say they are playing better than UK since 1/1/20. Everyone has ugly bruises.

At a glance, a 4 seems too low. But when you actually look at each of the teams 1-3, you can see how it could be justified.

I'd probably slide Kentucky ahead of Duke and/or Louisville right now, but it's close. Both of them have solid overall resumes even though they've shit the bed recently. The competition in the BE is pretty tough. I think their top three might be deserving of the projected seeds.

When I see Kentucky (which is only a few min here and there), they look pretty good. Solid interior D and some explosiveness offensively. Although I do think the SEC defenses are mostly weak.

At a glance, a 4 seems too low. But when you actually look at each of the teams 1-3, you can see how it could be justified.

I'd probably slide Kentucky ahead of Duke and/or Louisville right now, but it's close. Both of them have solid overall resumes even though they've shit the bed recently. The competition in the BE is pretty tough. I think their top three might be deserving of the projected seeds.

When I see Kentucky (which is only a few min here and there), they look pretty good. Solid interior D and some explosiveness offensively. Although I do think the SEC defenses are mostly weak.
I think that's fair.

Did you guys beat UL at home? IIRC they rode into town and left with a win. Just saying. I could be wrong. Did UL beat Duke @ Duke?

Also, nice touch on using Wiston's dead brother.
We lost to UL but I wouldn't be bragging about beating them either way. They're just too inconsistent. It would be a solid but not spectacular win.

We lost to UL but I wouldn't be bragging about beating them either way. They're just too inconsistent. It would be a solid but not spectacular win.
I don't mind you downplaying them at all. @UL_1986 @HRTheCard @rockycard @Ipartiedwithhopgood @beasleythecard @KerryRhodes

Also, you lost to a lot of teams you wouldn't brag about if you won against. Wake sucks. NCState is worse, SFA, shit man, It's like Duke doesn't have any good wins or loses.

* I don';t believe the last line, I'm just playing off your flakiness.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Hopefully with Duke's loss last night, Maryland wins tonight and moves ahead of them for the 2 seed in the East..

Dude, Texas A&M is not better than WFU. I think both are pretty mediocre but Wake is #93 on KenPom and A&M is #138.

Your SEC bias is showing yet again. Congratulations on beating a team by 9 that's about as good as Eastern Washington, Georgia Southern and Winthrop
Damn man, why are you getting so hot under the collar?

There's no SEC bias here, UK played aTm last night, that's the only reason I brought them up. And I get it, aTm's rating is lower than Wake's, but aTm has been playing out of their minds lately. If it was Texas Tech that UK played, I would have listed them instead.

But I'll say this, UK would not lose to Wake. Duke's defense let them down last night, that is not a problem that UK has.

Last edited:
No they haven't, there are 8 elite teams in my opinion that is a serious resume booster if you have a win against them: KU, Zags, Baylor, Creighton, Nova, Maryland, FSU and Seton Hall

Duke is terrible on the road so I'll add them if you beat them at home in Cameron.

These teams have clearly separated themselves over the past month or so based on their excellent metrics and wins over other great teams.

Kentucky hasn't beaten any of these teams. They've beaten teams their fanbase thinks is good just because they play in the SEC so they must have the "biggest and baddest athletes"!!!!

It's implicit bias working in full steam.
Sorry man, but Nova, Creighton and SH are not elite. GTFOH with that.

Those teams don't have the size, athletesism or NBA talent that teams like Duke, UK and KU have. I get it, their NET numbers are higher, but that's because they played good schedules and have been good from start of the season until now, but eventually the cream rises to the top and those teams are not talented enough to beat teams with great size and talent in March . I've watched all of them play many times and I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Ku, Zaga, Baylor, Maryland and FSU, yup, they are legit, but not those others. Hell no.

I’d like their chances to beat Kentucky. When Self and Calipari go head to head and have pretty even teams, usually Kansas wins. 3 of Calipari’s wins were when he had his 2 best teams he will ever have. I think Self would roll Cal in this one and it wouldn’t even be close.
Wouldn’t be close??? Really? I bet that game would come down to the final possession.

Got no problem with anything in your post.

This team appears to be close to getting it. Hopefully Cal can land the plane in time. Need EJ to figure it out. He's close.

Hopefully with Duke's loss last night, Maryland wins tonight and moves ahead of them for the 2 seed in the East..
And that would be the correct seeding IMO. Maryland is surging, Duke is going the other way

Thanks for the kind words. I have KU cakewalking through this upcoming tournament.

With that said, you spend a few mins here and there watching the cayuts, but 2/3 of your post are about big blew
Weird

My “obsession” is greatly exaggerated.

After reading all the scorching hot takes by KU fans, it's safe to say that anything less than a title this year would be a huge failure.

Also, the NET is a complete fraud and worse than RPI.

My “obsession” is greatly exaggerated.
Don't let them get to you.I like all your UK takes. They never get old and remind me of when I'd read the daily funny papers. Winking

I think you've been great. When you show'd up all up in arms of being banned from RR.that was fun too.

It probably doesn't mean anything coming from me, but I think you're in the top 10 KU posters here.

Don't let them get to you.I like all your UK takes. They never get old and remind me of when I'd read the daily funny papers. Winking

I think you've been great. When you show'd up all up in arms of being banned from RR.that was fun too.

It probably doesn't mean anything coming from me, but I think you're in the top 10 KU posters here.
Laughing

There are only 8 KU posters that post here though

I don't mind you downplaying them at all. @UL_1986 @HRTheCard @rockycard @Ipartiedwithhopgood @beasleythecard @KerryRhodes

Also, you lost to a lot of teams you wouldn't brag about if you won against. Wake sucks. NCState is worse, SFA, shit man, It's like Duke doesn't have any good wins or loses.

* I don';t believe the last line, I'm just playing off your flakiness.
Did you really just say “Wake sucks and NC State is worse”? I’ll agree that they’re both really bad losses and Duke should’ve beat both of them but how can you honesty say that NC State is worse than Wake Forest? NC State is 17-11 overall and 8-9 in the ACC which puts them 7th in the ACC. Wake Forest is 12-5 overall and 5-12 in the ACC which puts them 14th in the ACC with only UNC below them in the ACC. So I’ve got to ask again, how can you honestly say that NC State is worse than Wake Forest?

Not sure if true, but read they stayed stagnant after losing to Wake while UL dropped 4 spots losing at FSU. Not sure what it is, but I think one has a stronger argument than the other.

Have said all year the Dookies are false. Offered a grand bet earlier in the year, no one took it. Would love to have them in our bracket.

Not sure if true, but read they stayed stagnant after losing to Wake while UL dropped 4 spots losing at FSU. Not sure what it is, but I think one has a stronger argument than the other.

Have said all year the Dookies are false. Offered a grand bet earlier in the year, no one took it. Would love to have them in our bracket.
Lol so confident about beating Duke after beating nobodies all season in the SEC...gotta love it

But “false” on what prognostication? Granted, I don’t follow any opinions coming out of ESPN, but from what I’ve seen here, Duke fans have been uninspired with the performance most of the year. The first half was good defense with laughable offense, now it’s laughable defense with solid offense.

I sort of feel like Duke’s been billed correctly as what they are this year. Can probably compete with anybody, but can lose to any team and certainly not a title favorite like Kansas.

And please save the references of “tier of our own,” that came from one fan who has a history of such statements. All fan bases have that.

But “false” on what prognostication? Granted, I don’t follow any opinions coming out of ESPN, but from what I’ve seen here, Duke fans have been uninspired with the performance most of the year. The first half was good defense with laughable offense, now it’s laughable defense with solid offense.

I sort of feel like Duke’s been billed correctly as what they are this year. Can probably compete with anybody, but can lose to any team and certainly not a title favorite like Kansas.

And please save the references of “tier of our own,” that came from one fan who has a history of such statements. All fan bases have that.

To be fair I think anyone this year save maybe Kansas can say that lose/beat anyone this year.
And I'm not that guy but I think he probably means you're not a top 10 team? Not sure exactly, but I do feel like that Kansas win is propping up the resume more than the eye test shows. Y'all might have the two best wins but also what 3 bad losses and generally uninspiring play.

Not everyone can be as confident as "tier of their own" like you bro.

Last I checked UK is undefeated against the ACC too.
To be clear, when I said that I meant with regards to KenPom which had Duke several efficiency points higher than anyone else back earlier in the year. I didn't really have a personal opinion formed yet since it was so early in the season.

Now, I believe Kansas is in a tier of its own.

Now, I believe Kansas is in a tier of its own.
S6ouzde.gif

If this has been previously discussed, I apologize, for I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread. But, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Duke #6 in the NET prior to losing 2 out of 3 to NC State and Wake Forest.... then dropped all the way down to #6 in the NET? Sounds about right. Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT