ADVERTISEMENT

Duke

It's been stated over and over by Joe Lunardi that the Evansvilke loss is keeping UK at a 4 seed. So that loss is weighed more than all the tough road wins UK has had in conference play at @ Texas Tech.
It is a fact that if UK had lost to NCSU by 22, then lost at Wake Forest, we would be a 6 seed and out of the top 25. Tell.me I'm wrong.

Seton Hall and Villanova have lost twice in 1 week and only fell 2 spots. Michigan State has a gazillion losses and somehow stayed at a 3 seed and are still ranked.
UK lost at Auburn and dropped a seed line and 5 AP poll spots.
So tell me I'm wrong.
Kentucky would not go from 8th to unranked if they lost twice in a week. Not in late February. That never happens.

You’re claiming Kentucky to be a victim in a hypothetical scenario. There is no way to prove or deny your statement.

It's been stated over and over by Joe Lunardi that the Evansville loss is keeping UK at a 4 seed. So that loss is weighted more than all the tough road wins UK has had in conference play at @ Texas Tech.

It is a fact that if UK had lost to NCSU by 22, then lost at Wake Forest, we would be a 6 seed and out of the top 25. Tell me I'm wrong.

Seton Hall and Villanova have lost twice in 1 week and only fell 2 spots. Michigan State has a gazillion losses and somehow stayed at a 3 seed and are still ranked.

So tell me I'm wrong.
Dude, the SEC teams you’re beating on the road are trash like A&M, Vandy and UT. Why would you get credit for those wins? LSU is an ok win but the Tigers are ranked 29th in NET and 35th in KenPom.

UK hasn’t beaten a “very good” team since Texas Tech a month back.

Nearly all the teams you’ll face in the 2nd round and beyond are better than the SEC teams you’ve been facing and you’re not blowing out any of those teams.

Duke and UK are both fringe 3/4 seeds now with very similar resumes.

Reactions: wesr
Kentucky would not go from 8th to unranked if they lost twice in a week. Not in late February. That never happens.

You’re claiming Kentucky to be a victim in a hypothetical scenario. There is no way to prove or deny your statement.
I just think the Evansville loss is a bigger factor than it should be.
UK hasn't helped themselves, every game is a rock fight, but they are going to win the SEC and they only have 5 losses. The fact that UK dropped 5 spots after losing 1 game (@ #13 Auburn) is telling.
Either way, I don't know of too many teams that can struggle with UNC, lose by 22 at NCSU, lose to an awful Wake Forest team and stay as a solid two and a possible 1 seed.

Well, he’s probably not wrong. Duke won’t get dropped the way they should.
Why wouldn’t they? They’ll be a fringe 3/4 seed now and if they beat UVA on Sat they’ll jump back to being a solid 3 seed and potentially the last 2 seed if there’s some carnage in the Big East this week.

Lol, one UK fan kind of complained and it turned into UK fans being insecure. Good stuff

Back to Duke sucking

I just think the Evansville loss is a bigger factor than it should be.
UK hasn't helped themselves, every game is a rock fight, but they are going to win the SEC and they only have 5 losses. The fact that UK dropped 5 spots after losing 1 game (@ #13 Auburn) is telling.
Either way, I don't know of too many teams that can struggle with UNC, lose by 22 at NCSU, lose to an awful Wake Forest team and stay as a solid two and a possible 1 seed.
Dude what are you smoking, Duke is no longer a 2 seed. You’re taking offense to something is not reality lol.

Why is your fan vase so insecure and obsessed with Duke? Duke fans don’t obsesss about UK. Laettner got you in 1992 and Wayne Turner got us back in 1998. I don’t view UK as any different than KU but somehow you guys creepily obsess over us.

Reactions: wesr
Dude, the SEC teams you’re beating on the road are trash like A&M, Vandy and UT. Why would you get credit for those wins? LSU is an ok win but the Tigers are ranked 29th in NET and 35th in KenPom.

UK hasn’t beaten a “very good” team since Texas Tech a month back.

Nearly all the teams you’ll face in the 2nd round and beyond are better than the SEC teams you’ve been facing and you’re not blowing out any of those teams.

Duke and UK are both fringe 3/4 seeds now with very similar resumes.
Good god man, bring your old avatar back.

Other than Baylor and KU, what other teams in line for a 1, 2 or 3 seed HAVE been winning tough road games?

Seems everyone keeps losing. At least UK is winning. That Texas Tech win is a better win than most realize, that environment was off the rails. The win at LSU was strong too. Nobody has won there all year.
Bottom line is, everybody is losing. I think KU and Baylor have separated themselves, but I ask you again, who has impressive road wins lately?

Good god man, bring your old avatar back.

Other than Baylor and KU, what other teams in line for a 1, 2 or 3 seed HAVE been winning tough road games?

Seems everyone keeps losing. At least UK is winning. That Texas Tech win is a better win than most realize, that environment was off the rails. The win at LSU was strong too. Nobody has won there all year.
Bottom line is, everybody is losing. I think KU and Baylor have separated themselves, but I ask you again, who has impressive road wins lately?
No one man, those 2 teams are clearly better than the rest of the field. Nova, FSU, Creighton, Seton Hall, Dayton, FSU, Duke, MD, Zags and SDSU all should be ranked above UK, do you agree with that??

Dude what are you smoking, Duke is no longer a 2 seed. You’re taking offense to something is not reality lol.

Why is your fan vase so insecure and obsessed with Duke? Duke fans don’t obsesss about UK. Laettner got you in 1992 and Wayne Turner got us back in 1998. I don’t view UK as any different than KU but somehow you guys creepily obsess over us.
Huh? WTF are you talking about? Last update I saw still has duke as a 2 seed and if they win out, they will definitely have a shot at a 1, especially if Gonzaga and/or SDSU lose again.

Has nothing to do with any duke hatred, GTFOH with that. I pay duke more compliments than criticisms on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
No one man, those 2 teams are clearly better than the rest of the field. Nova, FSU, Creighton, Seton Hall, Dayton, FSU, Duke, MD, Zags and SDSU all should be ranked above UK, do you agree with that??
Yeah, they should be, but honestly, I think UK is better than Nova, Creighton, SH, UD, SDSU and possibly the Zags. I think UK has too much size and guard play for those teams, but I understand why they would be ranked ahead of UK.

Except, Nova, Creighton and SH have lost multiple games lately, some of them at home and some have lost twice in 1 week, games they were favored to win. To me, that is a red flag.

I mean, I definitely started this thread to troll. Looks like it’s working.

Huh? WTF are you talking about? Last update I saw still has duke as a 2 seed and if tgey win out, they will definitely have a shot at a 1, especially if Gonzaga and/or SDSU lose again.

Has nothing to do with any duke hatred, GTFOH with that. I pay duke more comments than criticisms on here.
Yeah genius, that update was before the Wake Forest loss tonight. You really don't think Duke will drop to either a 3 or a 4 seed now when the next update happens tomorrow?

Yeah genius, that update was before the Wake Forest loss tonight. You really don't think Duke will drop to either a 3 or a 4 seed now when the next update happens tomorrow?
LOL, I've seen duke actually move up the rankings after a loss… .twice.

And honestly, Duke has a bunch of blowout wins and wins against good teams, so their total body of work will keep them up there.

The NET is designed to reward blowout wins, which is why UK is where they are, they don't blow anyone out, Duke has many times.

What? Because i said UNC choked the duke game away?

Do you see it differently?

Had UNC won that game, Duke's resume looks a lot worse when coupled with their last 2 losses.

Those are facts, so I don't get your point.
Vanderbilt 2x and ole miss UK was losing at the half. They blew out A&M but UK still has room for improvement.

Why did you link me? Are you gay every day? Joking around but seriously, arent' you tired of being smacked around?

You're paranoid, I'm some other poster. Do you think I'm one of those? Which one and why?

Name the reason/poster why or just STFU. I'd tell you to focus more on your imagination, but this is the reason you're in this predicament.

I've tried to give you outs, but it doesn't work. You're that crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5thGenJayhawk
how is dukes resume any better than UK's

Justin Rowland
@RowlandRIVALS

·

Duke's loss to Wake Forest is a Q2 loss and should remain one through selection sunday. So as of now UK is 6-3 in Q1 games, Duke is 4-3. UK has a Q2 and Q4 loss. Duke has a Q2 and a Q3.

I get that, but November losses are way too heavily weighted. I mean, every team in the country (except Evansville Eyeroll) is far better than they were in early November.
If you're seeding teams, why would you care al that much about a November loss when the team in question only has 5 total losses and a bunch of tough conference road wins.

I would raise more eyebrows over a team that’s losing to bad teams in late February.
A loss to a bad team, is a loss to a bad team. Rather it be in Nov, or late Feb. Coaches cannot pick and choose what games, or months, their teams are gonna lay an egg---or two.

FTR, I don't care when UK plays an Evansville---Nov, Dec, Jan, etc, etc...You should never lose to a team of that caliber----at home. Same with Duke/SFA.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
It's been stated over and over by Joe Lunardi that the Evansville loss is keeping UK at a 4 seed. So that loss is weighted more than all the tough road wins UK has had in conference play at @ Texas Tech.

It is a fact that if UK had lost to NCSU by 22, then lost at Wake Forest, we would be a 6 seed and out of the top 25. Tell me I'm wrong.

So tell me I'm wrong.
You do realize that movement in the polls is sometimes determined by what others do? Say you are #5.....Lose. But so does #6, 7 and 8. 1-4 wins---stays the same. Odds are, #5 team isn't going to drop all that far. Reasoning? Everyone below them lost as well.

That or it is a conspiracy....Who knows.

Justin Rowland
@RowlandRIVALS

·

Duke's loss to Wake Forest is a Q2 loss and should remain one through selection sunday. So as of now UK is 6-3 in Q1 games, Duke is 4-3. UK has a Q2 and Q4 loss. Duke has a Q2 and a Q3.
Out of UK's 22 wins-----6 are Quad 4. Of Dukes 23 wins-----2 are Quad 4. I guess that could have something to do with it?

Out of UK's 22 wins-----6 are Quad 4. Of Dukes 23 wins-----2 are Quad 4. I guess that could have something to do with it?

do you really think that is enough to actually matter

i do think teams should be weighted on how they are playing in the last 1/3 of the season
some teams get better while others peak early

What the f*ck ever. Teams would be on bubble with losing by 22 to NC state, Lose to WF.

Take the favortisims and shove it right up your ass. It's been years. What angle has Duke perfected that other teams haven't caught up on?

As a fan of another team, I'll just own it. They get angles of favoritism. They clearly need it. Duke w/o those angles would be shit. Again, K is brilliant. He's worked all the angles before they were angles.

they're shit now. They should be working but they do. I'm clearly missing a stat or two.Not to hate on Duke, but wonder why others aren't getting the same angle.

I'm 100% being open to learning if a Duke fan is smart enough to explain it. I heard they were smart.

I can do the same with other teams.

It doesn't take any effort to be negative. I was just curious to see if I could make Duke fans feel special.

KU is the team this year. Huge failure if they don't win it all. UK '15 level of not winning it all.

Last edited:

i do think teams should be weighted on how they are playing in the last 1/3 of the season
I mean, yeah. Its about Quadrant wins, and NET rankings nowadays. So yeah---I think it does.

Justin Rowland
@RowlandRIVALS

·

Duke's SOS and NCSOS is better than UK's. Calipari needs to schedule better teams in the Non-Conference for UK because its hurting your seed.

According to KenPom, UK's NCSOS is #234.

Cats fans can’t grasp the fact that the Evansville killed their net ranking.

What the f*ck ever. Teams would be on bubble with losing by 22 to NC state, Lose to WF.

Take the favortisims and shove it right up your ass. It's been years. What angle has Duke perfected that other teams haven't caught up on?

As a fan of another team, I'll just own it. They get angles of favoritism. They clearly need it. Duke w/o those angles would be shit. Again, K is brilliant. He's worked all the angles before they were angles.

they're shit now. They should be working but they do. I'm clearly missing a stat or two.Not to hate on Duke, but wonder why others aren't getting the same angle.

I'm 100% being open to learning if a Duke fan is smart enough to explain it. I heard they were smart.

I can do the same with other teams.

It doesn't take any effort to be negative. I was just curious to see if I could make Duke fans feel special.

KU is the team this year. Huge failure if they don't win it all. UK '15 level of not winning it all.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I talked way too much about Duke. Was trying to use them as example for others, but since I'm a UK fan, ppl read it as I told on myself.
TBH, I don't care what other teams get, where they go. Or worry about Indiana. Worrying over something I cannot control is useless.

Duke's SOS and NCSOS is better than UK's. Calipari needs to schedule better teams in the Non-Conference for UK because its hurting your seed.

According to KenPom, UK's NCSOS is #234.
According to KenPom, Purdue (with their 14 losses) is 25 and UK is 26. RollLaugh

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT