ADVERTISEMENT

Duke - NC State

Who is this Duke team and why did I bet on them tonight -5 (Bought 1.5)?

Same sloppy Duke team that played FSU. Difference is, FSU had its worst perimeter shooting night of the year against Duke, whereas NCSU is actually making shots.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
That prayer to end the half was basically the first half in a nutshell.

This inconsistency will be the death of Duke in March. Completely abandoned that early season defense.

Maybe I'm wrong because I don't watch Duke as much as you guys but Tre Jones seems a lot less scary this year when he doesn't have Zion behind him erasing every mistake he made. I know he's not the main problem but I feel like guys are driving by him pretty frequently when I watch.

Maybe I'm wrong because I don't watch Duke as much as you guys but Tre Jones seems a lot less scary this year when he doesn't have Zion behind him erasing every mistake he made. I know he's not the main problem but I feel like guys are driving by him pretty frequently when I watch.
I always hear about Jones being a shut-down perimeter defender. I've watched them play 4-5 times this season and have yet to see it.

I get the feeling his increased offensive role has really diminished his defensive impact. He hasn’t been nearly as good on-ball this year

Duke has only come back from a 15-point halftime deficit TWICE in school history? Wow... that is hard to believe. Granted, I doubt they were down that much very often.

I always hear about Jones being a shut-down perimeter defender. I've watched them play 4-5 times this season and have yet to see it.

Yea I think he’s a good player and I wouldn’t be mad if he played at UK but I think most of his hype came from his brother playing and being good at Duke and the other guys like Zion that he came in with. Solid player but I don’t see him (nor Hagans) as being elite players.

Last edited:
Hate playing NC State, even when they suck they play out of their minds against Duke.

Half court shot at the end of the half, I don't know how many threes that have rattled in, not one 50/50 ball gone our way, the horrible flagrant on Carey... If Duke manages to win it will be a miracle.

Good win NC State, I'm going to bed. Awful game for Duke.

Ugh, that was FUGLY. Thanks for nothing, Duke! Won the other 2 games of my 3-team parlay. Sick

Half court shot at the end of the half, I don't know how many threes that have rattled in, not one 50/50 ball gone our way, the horrible flagrant on Carey... If Duke manages to win it will be a miracle.
Yeah, I didn't agree with that flagrant either.

There is a silver lining from tonight's game. We made our last five free throws, which pushed us up to 45% on the night (10-22). Progress.

Also, SF Austin is now 23-3. Duke is 22-4. That game back in November really wasn't that much of an upset, right?

I can't decide if I like the blow by handshake from K or not. I mean, it's State so I like it but it's K so I want to hate it. Plus, again, it's State so I think I like it more than anything. They don't really deserve any respect. I'm obviously making more of this than there is to have some fun. More than anything it just reinforces my belief that the handshake line is stupid. That I do believe.

Last edited:
Where's Waldo?

ERMTg20XsAM7o0V

Caught the second half. Made me not feel as bad about our past week. Rough.

ADVERTISEMENT