ADVERTISEMENT

Duke - NC State

Also, SF Austin is now 23-3. Duke is 22-4. That game back in November really wasn't that much of an upset, right?
They probably regret scheduling Duke and wrecking their SOS. :D Probably how Evansville feels too with their 0-3542 conference record.

Reactions: dukedevilz
NC State came into the game average 31% from behind the arc. They shot 61% against Duke. You knew it was their night when the half court shot went in before the end of the first half.
That was one reason, but you can essentially take away all NC State's made 3s and they still win that game.

That was one reason, but you can essentially take away all NC State's made 3s and they still win that game.
Yes, but Duke also shot well under their averages. They shot only 37% from the floor and 23% from three. They also were unusually bad from the charity strip, going 10-22. NC State shot above 75% on free throws (16-21).

That was basically the difference in the game. Duke had an unusually poor shooting night and NC State had an unusually good shooting night.

Reactions: tw3301
I’ve come to the conclusion that the famous phrase “State gonna State” actually has TWO meanings.

First, that NC State finds a way to screw stuff up no matter what.

Second, NC State will somehow become good against Duke.

:)

Does K not like to shake hands after a loss?
When he beat Roy earlier, he was wanting to chit chat awhile.....

Reactions: RipThru
Yes, but Duke also shot well under their averages. They shot only 37% from the floor and 23% from three. They also were unusually bad from the charity strip, going 10-22. NC State shot above 75% on free throws (16-21).

That was basically the difference in the game. Duke had an unusually poor shooting night and NC State had an unusually good shooting night.
They were only 4-17 from 3 but 6-17 would've been their average, not a drastic difference there. It was mostly on 2 point attempts and free throws, as you mentioned.

That K... what a dick!

Nice try. Like we're gonna believe some hussy reporter from a Durham news station that just wants to gargle K's scrotum.
giphy.gif

Kevin Bryan said:

[/quote]
Yeah, similar to UNC versus Duke. You simply have to be better from the FT line. It’s pretty frustrating when your team misses that many free ones.

Does K not like to shake hands after a loss?
When he beat Roy earlier, he was wanting to chit chat awhile.....
He's not a fan of students rushing the court, haven't seen it, don't care one way or the other, but that would be my guess.

Maybe I'm wrong because I don't watch Duke as much as you guys but Tre Jones seems a lot less scary this year when he doesn't have Zion behind him erasing every mistake he made. I know he's not the main problem but I feel like guys are driving by him pretty frequently when I watch.
You're not wrong.

I understand college kids all hyped up on emotion wanting to rush the floor but I do wish there was some way to put a stop to it.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I understand college kids all hyped up on emotion wanting to rush the floor but I do wish there was some way to put a stop to it.
last second shot, sure... 20 point blowout over a team you've beaten 3 out of the last 4 times you've played... that's a sad bunch of fans with not much to celebrate.

Reactions: jhmossy
Throw away game. Everybody @ any level gets blitzed once in awhile. Duke is no more or less a contender after last nights game.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
RipThru said:

tw3301 said:

He's not a fan of students rushing the court, haven't seen it, don't care one way or the other, but that would be my guess.[/quote]

He does the blow by on a lot of losses, regardless of rushing the floor or not, but manages to be magnanimous after wins. I really don't care, but let's not act like it's something it's not.

Yes, he did it last year to Roy. He is a sore loser but isn’t really criticized for it. It is pretty disrespectful in general but definilet to a coach that is a HOFer and your equal. If Roy or Cal or Self did it like that to K I bet it would be more of a story. It is what it is though. After the game on the PC he is usually gracious.

Last edited:
He did it against us. Then proceeded to say “god bless them” in a condescending manner. Poor guy.
I have decided that you are eligible to remove your avatar after the title game in April. A year is a long time, even though the bet was pretty big :)

Let me just say, I think the picture fits your posting style to an absolute tee

I have decided that you are eligible to remove your avatar after the title game in April. A year is a long time, even though the bet was pretty big :)

Lol, thanks Jimbo. I’ll take the last statement as a compliment. Winking

I wish that **** @AuHoosier420 would at least show back up and tell me I'm off the hook, since he's too chicken shit to post here anymore.

I only have 2 more weeks, so I'll manage, but yeah, a year is a long bet. No doubt @UL_1986 would have honored it though.

I wish that **** @AuHoosier420 would at least show back up and tell me I'm off the hook, since he's too chicken shit to post here anymore.

I only have 2 more weeks, so I'll manage, but yeah, a year is a long bet. No doubt @UL_1986 would have honored it though.
Yup, he would have for sure. I was wondering where @AuHoosier420 has been as well. Surely his absence has nothing to do with Auburns play lately :)

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Yup, he would have for sure. I was wondering where @AuHoosier420 has been as well. Surely his absence has nothing to do with Auburns play lately :)

Don't tag him. This board has been infinitely better without him.

NC State came into the game average 31% from behind the arc. They shot 61% against Duke. You knew it was their night when the half court shot went in before the end of the first half.
That was the 3rd half court buzzer beater 3 Johnson has made this season. Obviously it isn't a fluke.

Who is this Duke team and why did I bet on them tonight -5 (Bought 1.5)?
It is the very same Duke team that has been playing all year. (cold shooting for large stretches, turn the ball over with high frequency, spotty free throw shooting and defensive lapses all over the place) I do have to question your gambling expertise though. : ) Duke has lost something like 6 out of the last 8 in Raleigh and haven't looked good doing it.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He does the blow by on a lot of losses, regardless of rushing the floor or not, but manages to be magnanimous after wins. I really don't care, but let's not act like it's something it's not.
He's just a big meanie then.

ADVERTISEMENT